PDA

View Full Version : Just Saw Friday Night Lights!!!

ILS1
01-22-2005, 01:25 AM
I know,I know!! What took you so long?? In short,I haven't had time. So I rented it.
Overall I thought it was a good movie. The action sequences were very good and realistic. That Championship game was pretty awesome visually. I can't remember the game itself but did Permian really get stopped on the 1 yard line to end the game. Or was that more of Hollywood's magic? Some great hitting too. I do remember Dallas Carter getting stripped of their title for using an ineligible player. Dang,they had 11 kids sign w/ Div.I schools!!! Wow!!
Being from the Centex area I did notice 2 local spots in the film. I thought it was totally shot in West Texas. When they do the coin flip w/ all 3 coaches to decide who goes to the playoffs and who stays home @ the "undisclosed locale". That was actually the Southside Market in Elgin. Some great BBQ to be had in there!!! Then when him and his family are walking out of the Wal-Mart and are confronted by boosters. That was at the old Taylor Wal-Mart. They just built a brand new Super Wal-Mart about 2 miles away. Anyway,I thought Tim McGraw was very good in this movie and so was Billy Bob.

:)

BrahmaMom
01-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Just passed the Southside Market in Elgin today. The movie will be a classic. For those of us who have lived through the ACL thing, it was very realistic and gut-wrenching. Has to rank as one of my all-time favorites. I love high school football!!

Ranger Mom
01-23-2005, 08:28 PM
I saw it this morning. I thought it was pretty good, I still think "Remember the Titans" was much better.

I think I enjoyed the interviews with the former players better than the movie!

20dawgz05
01-23-2005, 08:29 PM
i begged my daddy to buy it for me today haha.... hes easy!!!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-23-2005, 08:36 PM
i saw it pretty much when it came out on a bootleg copy. i liked it, but it kinda made me start having flashbacks of football practice while i was working, that got wierd really fast. it was a very good movie, i thought it had more of a documentary style of screen-play. i would definately watch it again, as long as the flashbacks didnt return too...:D