PDA

View Full Version : 1-21-05 Basketball Results

PhiI C
01-21-2005, 11:44 PM
In Sinton tonight the boys' freshmen and junior varsity beat Mathis convincedly. The Sinton Junior Varsity girls beat Mathis 46 to 42 in a close game. It probably wouldn't have been as close but due to injuries to our varsity starters they had move up five junior varsity players to varsity. The varsity girls lost to Mathis 76 to 61 but it was close till the end of the fourth quarter. I was proud of the way our girls played tough though but Andrea Garcia is sensational and scored 3 3pointers in the last minute and a half of the third quarter and that put Mathis ahead of the Sinton girls for good. The Mathis girls are losing four starters this year so maybe we can play them close next year and win. Good job by the Mathis Lady Pirates and great effort by the Sinton Lady Pirates. The Mathis Junior Starter scored six points in the last few seconds against us to rub salt into the wound but her help will be gone next year as we hope for revenge. heh heh!

The Sinton Pirate boys varsity team had a very close game against Mathis before finally winning 73 to 62. Mathis actually had a nine point lead near the end of the third but we were able to chip away at it and then in the last few minutes it went back and forth but in the last two minutes Sinton played great defense and went on a run to put the game away but it was a great effort by two the two teams.

AP Panther Fan
01-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Sounds like good games...congratulations.....I bet Daniel Ramirez was a factor in the varsity boys game...I have been reading about him (as well as competing against him) in numerous sports! Those games are fun to watch!

:D

Buccaneer
01-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Goliad boys upset AP by 10. I don't know the score but here are the facts from AP coach: AP was up by 8 at the half, then went up by 12 in 3rd quarter,THEN 13 fouls were called on AP and 1 was called on Goliad!

PhiI C
01-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Buc I hate to criticize officials but I wonder if they had the same ones that officiated when Sinton played Goliad. They were bad and called the game one way. Also I wonder if they let 43 travel a lot to the basket like they did when they played Sinton.