PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Pre Season Polls

CRHSeagle
01-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Does anyone know if any pre season polls are out yet?

setex
01-21-2005, 08:27 PM
THSB Magazine’s Class 3A Top 25
By Doug Recio Editor/Publisher
Date: Jan 16, 2005

Texas High School Baseball Magazine has compiled the Top 25 ranking from information received from coaches across the state. Coaches were asked to list the top schools in their region and THSB Magazine compiled the rankings from that list. The polls will be conducted during the season by the THSBCA directors and THSB Magazine.

The pre-season top 25 rankings for Class 3A are listed along with their 2004 record and finish.

1. Perryton (31-9; State Semi-Finalist)
2. Lorena (26-6; Regional Semi-Finalist)
3. Sinton (22-17; Regional Finalist)
4. Carthage (24-7; Bi-District Champs)
5. Yoakum (22-12; Regional Semi-Finalist)
6. Jasper (32-8; Regional Finalist)
7. Lubbock Cooper (28-5; Regional Quarter-Finalist)
8. Falfurrias (22-10; Regional Semi-Finalist)
9. Bridge City (25-4; District Champs)
10. Llano (29-10; State Semi-Finalist)
11. Pleasant Grove ((29-10; Regional Semi-Finalist)
12. LaGrange (33-1; State Champs)
13. Pharr Valley View (27-9; Regional Quarter-Finalist)
14. Glen Rose ((21-11; Regional Semi-Finalist)
15. Columbus (22-7; Regional Semi-Finalist)
16. Hallettsville (18-10; District Champs)
17. Lufkin Hudson (25-8; Regional Quarter-Finalist)
18. Gladewater (27-4; Regional Quarter-Finalist)
19. Canyon (24-10; Regional Quarter-Finalist)
20. Navasota (24-5; Bi-District Champs)
21. Sweeney (17-10; Area Champs)
22. Snyder (23-6; Regional Quarter-Finalist)
23. Cameron Yoe (20-12; Regional Quarter-Finalist)
24. Wharton (15-10; District Runner-up)
25. Liberty-Eylau (27-8)

Last years top 32 teams considering advancement in playoffs.

La Grange
Forney
Perryton
Llano

Graham
Pleasant Grove
Jasper
Sinton

Falfurrias
Yoakum
Columbus
Lorena
Liberty Eylau
Bullard
Canyon
Glen Rose

Lubbock Cooper
Fort Worth Castleberry
Snyder
Lake Dallas
Paris North Lamar
Jefferson
Lindale
Gladewater
Lufkin Hudson
Barbers Hill
Cameron Yoe
Hamshire Fannett
Sweeny
Hidalgo
Ingram Moore
Pharr

BHKrystal06
01-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Where's BH on there?

AggieJohn
01-21-2005, 09:41 PM
#128. Barber's Hil

jason
01-21-2005, 09:44 PM
anybody seen a 4a list ?

setex
01-21-2005, 09:58 PM
THSB Magazine’s Class 4A Top 25
By Doug Recio Editor/Publisher
Date: Jan 16, 2005

Texas High School Baseball Magazine has compiled the Top 25 ranking from information received from coaches across the state. Coaches were asked to list the top schools in their region and THSB Magazine compiled the rankings from that list. The polls will be conducted during the season by the THSBCA directors and THSB Magazine.

The pre-season top 25 rankings for Class 4A are listed along with their 2004 record and finish.

1. Boerne (32-5; Defending State Champions).
2. Waco Midway (25-8; District Champs).
3. Channelview (25-11; Regional Quarterfinalists).
4. Lubbock Estacado (23-12; Regional Semifinalists).
5. Wichita Falls Rider (29-7; Regional Finalists).
6. Texas City (23-9; Regional Quarterfinalist).
7. Nederland (led by pitching prospects Justin Walker and Dustin Hood).
8. Calallen (36-4; Regional Finalists).
9. Highland Park (25-12;Regional Semifinalist).
10. Kilgore (25-10; Regional Finalists)
11. Forney (31-6; Class 3A State Semifinalist).
12. Cleburne (33-7; State Finalists)
13. Port Neches-Groves (36-5; State Semifinalists).
14. Corsicana (22-6; 5 top players back).
15. Little Cypress-Mauriceville (34-7; Regional Finalists).
16. Midlothian (19-12;Area Finalist).
17. Aledo (23-9; Regional Quarterfinalists).
18. Montgomery (22-10; Regional Quarterfinalists).
19. Houston Waltrip (20-6; District Champs).
20. Beeville Jones (20-6).
21. Lewisville Hebron (20-12; Bi-District Champs).
22. Friendswood (Regional Finalists).
23. Hallsville (21-9; District Tri-Champs).
24. New Braunfels (20-8; District Champs).
25. Whitehouse (18-14; Bi-District Champs)

BHKrystal06
01-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
#128. Barber's Hil
Wow, I didn't think we'd be that low...

BTW, where did you get your Teen Girl Squad avatar?

jason
01-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by setex

11. Forney (31-6; Class 3A State Semifinalist). :clap:

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2005, 11:22 PM
wow...forney that high in 4A...that's pretty impressive!

CRHSeagle
01-22-2005, 02:24 AM
wow, i figured that we'd make the list seeing how we were area champs and only lost 2 starters and are returning 12 players.

jason
01-22-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
wow, i figured that we'd make the list seeing how we were area champs and only lost 2 starters and are returning 12 players. that looks good on paper...but the area round is only 2 games in....

CRHSeagle
01-22-2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by jason
that looks good on paper...but the area round is only 2 games in....

I know but one team on the list didnt even make the playoffs, 3 lost in the first round, and one made the area round. Either way still looks like a good list.

District303aPastPlayer
01-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by setex

1. Perryton (31-9; State Semi-Finalist)
2. Lorena (26-6; Regional Semi-Finalist)
3. Sinton (22-17; Regional Finalist)

:clap: :clap:

Old Cardinal
01-22-2005, 06:44 PM
I have the highest respect for Doug Regio. He was a quality Coach down here, over at PN-G; however, I question the accuracy of a bunch of Coaches across Texas trying to compile a listing. I personally think that those die hard followers of the Premium year-round select teams have a greater ability to predict the viable beneficiaries of the premier players......Example: Columbus has a team full of year round high quality players from the select team circuits. Look at the Sun Devils "National Champions" 16 & U and you will see the benefits of top trained players that are boistering every team in the Golden Triangle.
Those youth trained by highly interested and skilled Baseball Coaches are far superior to HS teams because they are hand picked and year round trained in order to get the college scholarships. A look at the Select team player numbers on teams across TX is a much better indicator as to which HS teams will rise to the top.

Hupernikomen
01-22-2005, 08:25 PM
The extra play sure helps..not so convinced it is because of some awesome coaching on the select level...I did notice that 3 of those GT teams were ranked outta that 4A district..very impressive.

I suppose part of being ranked is having those visible stars like Nederland has that play the select ball..

WOS#74
01-22-2005, 08:46 PM
IMHO I think Nederland is a little overrated just like they were last year. I believe LCM will come out on top this year in that district, with PNG second.

Old Cardinal
01-22-2005, 10:03 PM
It's kind of a tossup in that 4A District. I figure it will be a crack of a bat that will decide it. One home run at the right time will make the only difference because they are all exceptional.

Bobcatfan4life
01-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Hey old cardinal, what is your take on our 3a district this year? OF is now under the direction of Nederland's former coach and we were in the hunt for that third spot all the way to the end of the season last year. H-F and H-J both will field good teams and WO-S should compete as well. Isn't Haymon supposed to miss most of the season? Is the rest of the pitching staff healthy?

setex
01-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
The extra play sure helps..not so convinced it is because of some awesome coaching on the select level...I did notice that 3 of those GT teams were ranked outta that 4A district..very impressive. I suppose part of being ranked is having those visible stars like Nederland has that play the select ball..

With the money these guys spend on kids to get them to play on their select team is criminal. I've heard, if you are selected to play it is carte blanc, airfare and hotel not only for the player but the parents. How about flying a 15 yr old kid to Florida after a friday night football game so he can play one game on Sunday.

Just today, bunch of us old baseball guys were at the local golf course. I almost threw up when I heard this dad of a 10 yr old tell us that he's son had 2 full ride scholorships in Houston to play select ball.

You can't tell me that in a city of 3 million, they have to recruit a 10 yr old 100 miles away.

WOS#74
01-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Ask a kid, "do you want to play down the road for 55.00 with mediocore talent or do you want to fly all over Free with only select talent?" And btw, bring mom, dad and brothers and sisters.

If those kids get a chance to see Florida and do things they probably will never get to with their families what is your beef?

If you signed the check for the airline ticket and hotel then you may have a dog in the hunt.

If somebody gave you and your buddies a free vacation and all you have to do is play golf to your best ability would you turn it down. I don't think so.

Holmes_Fans
01-23-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
wow...forney that high in 4A...that's pretty impressive!
They had 5 selected for pre-alll state. Plus I heard we had a real good move in come to town.

Old Cardinal
01-23-2005, 03:14 PM
To Bobcatforlife: I think OF is in the hunt. If OF was in a lot of Districts in Texas 3A they would win it; its a matter of the unique level of competition that puts all teams challenged around SE TX.
Good Coaching like you have can help win some big ballgames. Keep us informed on the progress of Bobcat BB.
I look for the OF girls softball team to be exceptional this season! They would be ranked; however, I think BC, WO-S and HF also have a good chance of a ranking. That little Freshman blond Catcher was great against Barbers Hill in the playoffs: when OF gave them all that they wanted. They slid into her ankles and tried to run over her to dislodge the ball, yet she never let them get to her. Now that is one tough little girl! The girls have good Senior level pitching; plus Christina Ratcliff (a freshmen) with a long list of accomplishments in Select team ball.

Can you tell us more about the OF boys pitching staffs development?

Now your last question----Broc Haymon(a Junior) will not be pitching HS this year. His arm operation is healing quite well. He does not have to worry about college scholarship pitching, he has been recognized via the Select Team National Championship winner(Sun Devils) exposure. BC has Kevin Angelle(who was the 3A strikeout leader(and also a prime Pitcher on the SunDevil N. Champ team). He was only a Sophomore last year. He is back as a much stronger Junior. Darrel Stevens is a crafty Senior seasoned pitcher. One interesting note is that our catcher Ben (B.J.) Myers who plays for a top-notched year round Houston select team has been taking pitching lessons from Sam Moore and is hitting 92 mph with good accuracy! It looks like Myers will have his choice to go to a prime college as either a Pitcher or Catcher. First Baseman Hunter Homerun Hayes is well after his leg operations and will have a heck of a great season slated. Hunter was robbed of All State honors as a Freshman and however was All State as a Sophomore. Last year was not a good year for Hunter as he was in a health recovery mode. Watch out this year, the batting is so strong at BC that they can't intentionally walk Hunter and this dedicated powerful Senior will drive many over the fence.

Bobcatfan4life
01-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Sounds like another great year coming up for the Cards. We lost a very good senior class, but I expect some of the underclassmen to step up and take the reins this year. As far as the pitching staff goes, senior Clay Bourgeois is primed to have a great year. I haven't heard anything about the other pitchers. Second base slugger Nick Lavergne is also back for his senior season. My cousin is a sophomore at BC and told me that coach Bryant is looking at him to fill a spot in the pitching rotation for the varsity. As a matter of fact, he said coach Bryant approched him last week and asked him what number he wanted. He is a lefty and has a very good curveball and a fastball in the mid to upper 80s. Have you heard anything on when the BC schedule will be out or any teams you guys play in non-district? We have our first scrimmage Feb. 8th at home against LC-M at 4:30 and open the season at home against Kirbyville on the 25th.

Old Cardinal
01-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Who is your cousin? I know Johnny Dishon is a good Sophomore pitcher and there are several others that will have to prove they can handle the HS level pressure to make the rotation. You know A. J. Heckler did a good job on the JV last season. I don't think you can count him out this year.
I guess I am a contrarian about BB tactics, I think that too good a pitching does not give the defense the opportunity to handle a lot of balls and that hurts when you face the top hitting teams later in District and Postseason.

Bobcatfan4life
01-23-2005, 04:00 PM
My cousin is Jeff Stringer. He was one of the JV QBs this year. He also punted for the jv and was called up to punt for the playoff game against Barbers Hill.

NSUTrumpet08
01-23-2005, 05:06 PM
6. Jasper (32-8; Regional Finalist)

Woohoo! GO Jasper!!!

g$$
01-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Hey, I love your optimism & enthusiasm for baseball. But, Ben Myers is not hitting 92 mph. I watched him catch all summer for one of the Houston Heat teams, not pitch. He may throw some for BC, but that is not his strength. Good kid a little on the small side, but lessons do not cause that kind of increase in velocity. Good luck to him & your team, but let's be realistic here in our predictions. 9's on the gun are special, not commonplace. Please don't take this as criticism, but I get irritated when these crazy #s get tossed around. Very few sniff 92, believe me (played college, then worked in scouting pro & college). The avg. D1 college fb is 85 (RHP) & 82 (LHP). For MLB it is around 89 mph. The GT is full of good kids as always & enjoy the season.

Old Cardinal
01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
To G$$, I know that you have not seen him pitch. Have you been to The Zone in Orange and seen him pitch? Just because you Houston guys did not see him pitch does not mean he can't hit the high numbers....If Sam Moore says he has potential to pitch then colleges will listen. Maybe that is why you are not a Scout anymore, you can't spot and place the talent correctly...LOL:thinking:

Old Cardinal
01-24-2005, 11:09 PM
To Bobcatforlife: Your cousin Jeff Stringer has some good genetics going for him. I played ball against ole James, Larry, and Tacky Stringer and saw the older Stringer(Murl) play ball. They were good at hardball and also outstanding on the industrial, civic, and church men's softball teams that use to be so popular. Stringers are all outstanding athletes. When you have a Stringer on your team you are apt to win. Sounds like Jeff Stringer has a lot of potential to develop his skills.
OF is a neat bunch of HS people, I hope they can make the playoffs in softball and baseball this spring. I know you are proud of your school.

g$$
01-25-2005, 03:30 AM
Don't make this a personal thing. And, fyi I do still work in the business. You sure don't. I love good ball no matter where it is played, & I am the 1st to give credit where it's due. Try reading my post again on SE Tx kids. All I said was the kid is a catcher who will get a chance at the next level, albeit not at the level you might think. No, I don't hang out in Orange. Try broadening your horizons outside the GT. Take the blinders off & enjoy the ride. BC has a fine team, but they have no one on the mound who compares to Yoakum's Boening or Sweeny's Williams. I am quite sure they will still have a fine season. Nederland has a couple of fine arms. BC has good hitters led by Hays. Let the season play out buddy & relax.

g$$
01-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Seasick4:

Just to clarify, Rice did NOT beat Sweeny & Wharton in that district last year. Your facts are wrong. Sweeny won that district by a full game & Wharton was 2nd (& then Needville I think). Sweeny went on to fall to Yoakum 3 rounds deep. Boening signed early with Texas in November. But that is last year & does not matter anymore. Now is now. Lots of good 3A teams will battle it out. Names that jump out on my list for SE Texas are: Boening & Starling (Yoakum), Williams (Sweeny), Hays (Bridge City), Howard (WC), & Reilly (Jasper). Houston Area all classifications would be Thompson (2nd Baptist), Bussey (LaPorte), K. Drabek (Woodlands), Seastrunk (Channelview), Russell (Tomball), Whittleman (Kingwood), Jenkins (Cy Falls) & Colligan (Ft. Bend) to name a few. Elkins has a fine Venezuelan infielder too. Hammack (Angleton), Vern (Bwood) & Aaron Miller are fine prospects too. Ready for baseball baby!

Old Cardinal
01-25-2005, 03:47 PM
I know you have named two good pitchers but All Stater (as a Sophomore) Kevin Angelle led all 3A in strikeouts. As a Junior and a true All Stater HE comes in as the premier pitcher in 3A. Just because he plays for a GT SunDevil team and you are from bigtime Houston:D does not mean that Kevin is not the cream-of-the-cream; even if he does not play in your superior and expanded world.:)

g$$
01-26-2005, 05:29 AM
You really need to let the inferiority complex go. I am just trying to say that good players are all over, & he is a fine prospect. I question the leading all 3A in Ks statement, but if that is the case so be it. A guy named Homer Bailey of 3A champ La Grange might differ with you (7th overall pick in MLB Draft to Cincinnatti & member of Houston Heat). The proof is in the pudding. Didn't BC lose their 1st playoff game last year? He needs to get to Houston & play select ball with the Heat, Kyle Chapman, or Angels in order to get maximum exposure. Their competition is just plain better. That is just fact sir. Play with the other team on the side, but select ball matches elite kids vs. others in order to get a proper evaluation. And that is esp. true with 3A kids & below. It may be unfair, but it is just plain fact in scout's eyes. There is elite select ball & then there is pay to play ball. I hope to see more of him. Ask Hays & Myers if you don't believe me. I spoke with Ben's dad last fall actually. Nice fellow who is very realistic. Best of luck to you & your team. And relax!!

g$$
01-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Here is last year's TSWA all state teams for all classes.

tswa

CLASS 5A

FIRST TEAM

Pitchers — Luis Flores, CC Moody, jr.; Troy Patton, Tomball, sr.; and Brandon Gaviglio, Flower Mound, jr.

Catcher — Danny Lehmann, The Woodlands, sr.

First baseman — Jordan Dodson, The Woodlands, sr.

Second baseman —Danny Amendola, The Woodlands, sr.

Shortstop — Paul Kelly, Flower Mound, jr.

Third baseman — Chris Davis, Longview, sr.

Outfielders — Jordon Danks, Round Rock, jr.; Alfred Joseph, CC Moody, sr.; and (tie) Jose Patino, CC Moody, sr.; and Spencer Jackson, Elkins, sr.

DH — Aaron Luna, Southlake Carroll, jr. and Johnny Whittleman, Kingwood, jr.

Player of the Year — Luis Flores, CC Moody.

Coach of the Year — Corky Gallegos, CC Moody.

SECOND TEAM

Pitchers — Sean Morgan, Sugar Land Clements, sr.; Jason Rodriguez, CC Moody, jr.; and Erik Paulson, Midland, sr

Catcher — Brian Juhl, Katy, sr.

First baseman — Richard Guerrero, SA John Jay, sr.

Second baseman —Chris Hilario, SA Marshall, sr.

Shortstop — Derek Myers, Houston Bellaire, sr.

Third baseman — (tie) Matt Carpenter, Elkins, sr. and Danny Frisby, Dallas Adams, sr.

Outfielders — Jeremy Sauceda, CC Moody, sr.; Joe Savery, Houston Lamar, sr.; and Jonathan Edwards, Keller, soph.

DH — Michael Huston, Temple, sr.

THIRD TEAM

Pitchers — Anthony Vasquez, SA Reagan, jr.; Ricky Hargrove, Katy, sr.; and (tie) Kurt Pessa, Lubbock Coronado, sr.; Shawn Tolleson, Allen, soph.; and Joe Savery, Houston Lamar, sr.

Catcher — (tie) Preston Clark, Rockwall, sr. and Thomas Sawyer, Flower Mound, sr.

First baseman — Josh Wilson, Midland, sr.

Second baseman —Keith Stein, A&M Consolidated, sr.

Shortstop — Matt Guzman, CC King, sr.

Third baseman — Bubba Jones, Flower Mound, sr.

Outfielders —Jared Gayhart, Katy, jr.; Reed LeSueur, Flower Mound, sr.; and Mark McGonigle, Houston Bellaire, sr.

DH — Brian Talley, Rockwall, jr.

CLASS 4A

FIRST TEAM

Pitchers — Javier Guerra, Denton Ryan, sr.; Jordan Chambless, Calallen, sr.; and (tie) Allen Harrington, Port Neches-Groves, sr. and Brad Suttle, Boerne, jr.

Catcher —Russell Moldenhauer, Boerne, soph.

First baseman — Matt Melendez, EP Riverside, sr.

Second baseman —Clay Baker, Henderson, sr.

Shortstop — Brad Suttle, Boerne, jr.

Third baseman — Dustin Dickerson, Waco Midway, soph.

Outfielders —Ryan Delaughter, Denton Ryan, jr.; Kirkland Rivers, Henderson, sr.; and (tie) Scott Jewett, Hallsville, sr.; Greg Golson, Pflugerville Connally, sr.

DH — Dillon Gee, Cleburne, sr.

Player of the Year — Russell Moldenhauer, Boerne, soph.

Coach of the Year — Chuck Foster, Boerne.

SECOND TEAM

Pitchers — Jess Todd, Kilgore, sr.; Dusty Smirl, Denton Ryan, sr.; and Brad Bevil, New Braunfels, sr.

Catcher — Luke McCall, Calallen, jr.

First baseman — Oscar Reyna, Pharr-San Juan-Alamo, jr.

Second baseman —Ryne Roncik, Calallen, sr.

Shortstop — (tie) Drew Farr, Taylor, sr. and Kelvin Roberts, Andrews, sr.

Third baseman — Joseph Oleksak, Cleburne, sr.

Outfielders —Austin Jackson, Denton Ryan, jr.; Leo Cavazos, Pharr-San Juan-Alamo, sr.; and Brian Sisk, Henderson, sr.

DH — Jacob Kaup, Calallen, jr.

THIRD TEAM

Pitchers — Chad Johnson, Calallen, sr.; Russell Young, Cleburne, sr.; and Russell Moldenhauer, Boerne, soph.

Catcher —Tyrel Powell, WF Rider, sr.

First baseman —Aaron Miller, Channelview, soph.

Second baseman —(tie) Aaron Baker, Denton, jr. and Aubrey Cook, Port Neches-Groves, sr.

Shortstop — (tie) Travis Tucker, Ellison, jr. and Blake Stouffer, SA Alamo Heights, sr.

Third baseman — Brandon Foster, Henderson, sr.

Outfielders —Todd Jeffress, Plainview, sr.; Diego Seastrunk, Channelview, soph.; and Chris Wood, Port Neches-Groves, sr.

DH — Zac Chollett, Texas City, sr.

CLASS 3A

FIRST TEAM

Pitchers — Homer Bailey, La Grange, sr.; Hunter Harris, Gladewater, jr.; and Chance Corgan, Forney, sr.

Catcher —Lance Schramm, La Grange, sr.

First baseman — Hunter Hayes, Bridge City, jr.

Second baseman —Carlos Alaniz, Hebbronville, sr.

Shortstop — Aaron Bazan, Barbers Hill, sr.

Third baseman — Rhyne Fuller, Lubbock Cooper, sr.

Outfielders —Josh Barnett, Lubbock Cooper, jr.; Adam Banda, Midland Greenwood, sr.; and Bradley Madison, Lubbock Cooper, jr.

DH — Matt Paul, Palestine Westwood, jr.

Player of the Year — Homer Bailey, La Grange, sr.

Coach of the Year — Ralph Ferguson, La Grange

SECOND TEAM

Pitchers — Riley Boening, Yoakum, jr.; Jericho Jones, Lake Dallas, jr.; and Jacob Kozelsky, La Grange, sr.

Catcher —Reece Creswell, Perryton, sr.

First baseman — Jair Gonzalez, CC West Oso, jr.

Second baseman —Ed Boyd, Lorena, sr.

Shortstop — Reid Bishop, Sweetwater, sr.

Third baseman — Scott McGahey, Lindale, sr.

Outfielders —Chase Anderle, La Grange, sr.; Chris Pough, Kennedale, jr.; and Kenny Price, Liberty-Eylau, sr.

DH — Timmy Rozell, Brownsboro, sr.

THIRD TEAM

Pitchers — Bobby Gomez, Falfurrias, sr.; Cliff Springston, Lorena, jr.; and Travis Starling, Yoakum, jr.

Catcher — (tie) Robert Taylor, Ingram, sr. and Daniel Allen, Navasota, sr.

First baseman — Jose Carmona, Barbers Hill, jr.

Second baseman —(tie) Ken Fallin, Gladewater, sr. and Anthony Norris, Kennedale, sr.

Shortstop — David Carter, Graham, sr.

Third baseman — Adam Hornung, Lorena, jr.

Outfielders —Jacob Henderson, Somerset, sr.; Bryan King, Muleshoe, sr.; and (tie) Bobby Gomez, Falfurrias, sr. and Bobby Neelon, Needville, sr.

DH — Daniel Langford, Pleasant Grove, sr.

CLASS 2A

FIRST TEAM

Pitchers — Zak Baker, Central Heights, sr.; Kenn Kasparek, Weimar, sr.; and Randy Pomykal, Rosebud-Lott, sr.

Catcher —Brice Burns, Central Heights, sr.

First baseman — Keith Martin, Arp, sr.

Second baseman —Cody Kemmerling, Hitchcock, sr.

Shortstop — (tie) Scott Flinn, Holliday, sr. and Aaron Fuller, Jarrell, sr.

Third baseman — Hunter Bell, Brock, jr.

Outfielders —Bradley Bulanek, Danbury, jr.; Chris Tilton, Bangs, sr.; and A.J. Mann, Blanco, sr.

DH — Trey Bradford, Blanco, sr.

Player of the Year — Baker

Coach of the Year — Craig Fuller, Nacogdoches Central Heights

SECOND TEAM

Pitchers — Chris Barnett, DeKalb, sr.; Andrew Schneider, Franklin, jr.; and (tie) Russ Fornea, Central Heights, sr.; Kramer Copp, Ponder, jr.; Garrett Woods, Ponder, jr.; and Chase Thomas, Arp, sr.

Catcher —Scott Bates, Salado, sr.

First baseman — Chad Weed, Central Heights, jr.

Second baseman —Kyle Mueller, Weimar, sr.

Shortstop — Kelby Kemper, Coahoma, sr.

Third baseman — Hugo Martinez, Abernathy, sr.

Outfielders —Cody Moore, Comfort, sr.; Lance Pomykal, Rosebud-Lott, soph.; and (tie) Ryan Traweek, East Bernard, sr. and Mario Estrada, Alpine, sr.

DH — Jeremy Wilhelm, George West, sr.

THIRD TEAM

Pitchers — Kyle Koenig, East Bernard, jr.; Matt Martink, Jarrell, jr.; and (tie) Zach Stewart, Holliday, jr. and Wyatt Alexander, Elysian Fields, sr.

Catcher —Forrest Sowell, East Bernard, sr.

First baseman — Russ Fornea, Central Heights, sr.

Second baseman —John Frank, Jarrell, sr.

Shortstop — Drew Ashley, Buffalo, sr.

Third baseman — (tie) Jake Atchley, Harmony, soph. and Josh Hullum, Jarrell, jr.

Outfielders —Brett Bailey, Rosebud-Lott, jr.; Michael Harrison, Axtell, soph.; and Matt Hennig, Shallowater, jr.

DH — Aaron Smith, Clifton, sr.

CLASS A

FIRST TEAM

Pitchers — Garet Pustka, Shiner, sr.; Corey Malone, West Sabine, sr.; and Shawn Hayes, Union Hill, soph.

Catcher —Brett McCrory, Dawson, soph.

First baseman — Scott Shimek, Shiner, sr.

Second baseman —Russ Wolf, Windthorst, jr.

Shortstop — Meliton Borrego, D’Hanis, sr.

Third baseman — Andrew Florus, Flatonia, sr.

Outfielders —Kent Brown, Iola, sr.; Kevin Hoff, Windthorst, jr.; and Kelly Ford, Collinsville, jr.

DH — Arnold Gomez, D’Hanis, sr.

Player of the Year — Pustka, Shiner.

Coach of the Year — Daniel Boedeker, Shiner

SECOND TEAM

Pitchers — Jordan Johnson, Martinsville, sr.; Trent White, Maud, jr.; and Ty Robertson, Archer City, soph.

Catcher —(tie) Matt Stephenson, Covington, jr. and Brady Strauss, Shiner, sr.

First baseman — Matt Clark, West Sabine, sr.

Second baseman —Michael Reyna, Ralls, jr.

Shortstop — Cody Freeman, Follett, sr.

Third baseman — Corey Malone, West Sabine, sr.

Outfielders — Chris Baer, Shiner, sr.; Noah Hermes, D’Hanis, sr.; Gabriel Resendez, Academy, sr.

DH — Cody Taylor, Neches, sr.

THIRD TEAM

Pitchers — Cody Freeman, Follett, sr.; Michael Wilson, Covington, sr.; and (tie) Bradley Chavenec, Burton, sr. and Jed Womack, Baird, soph.

Catcher — (tie) Hunter Mann, Colmesneil, sr. and Tanner Woods, Follett, soph.

First baseman — (tie) Nick Yates, Maud, sr. and Jordan Johnson, Martinsville, sr.

Second baseman — James Cuellar, D’Hanis, sr.

Shortstop — Josh Sims, Baird, sr.

Third baseman — Nick Bernal, D’Hanis, sr.

Outfielders —Cullen Beck, Flatonia, sr.; Cannon McWilliams, McCamey, jr.; and Chris Dresner, Bosqueville, sr. and Chris Clark, West Sabine, sr.

DH — Bradley Chavenec, Burton, sr.

g$$
01-26-2005, 07:56 AM
2004 All State Class 3A

PITCHERS:
Kevin Angelle-Bridge City, Homer Bailey-La Grange, Reid Bishop-Sweetwater, Riley Boening-Yoakum, Jerad Castor-Perryton, Sean Childress-Castleberry, Chance Corgan-Forney, Lance Eitel-Bullard, Abel Frias-Hidalgo, BobbyGomez Jr.-Falfurrias, Hunter Harris-Gladewater, Jacob Kozelsky-La Grange, Daniel Langford-Texar.-Pleasant Grove, Chace Lankford-Forney, Lucas Luetge-Bellville, Danny Morris-Princeton, Wesley Musick-Lufkin Hudson, Casey Smith-North Lamar, Steve Smith Jr.-Canton, Cliff Springston-Lorena, Matt Trujillo-Sinton, Brady Tyson-Comanche, Heath Taylor-Bowie
CATCHERS:
Daniel Allen-Navasota, Reece Cresswell-Perryton, Demie Davila-Sinton, Tyler Johnson -Forney, Eric Martinez-Snyder, Joel Rojas-Raymondville, Lance Schramm-La Grange, Dusti Scudday-Jefferson, Sean Slavin-Llano, Michael Straley-Sweetwater
INFIELDERS:
Carlos Alaniz-Hebbronville, Brendan Baker-Perryton, Aaron Bazan-Barbers Hill, Ed Boyd-Lorena, Jess Buenger-Bellville, Ian Compton-Llano, Abel Delgadillo-Port Isabel, Collin DeLome-Buna, Kent Fallin-Gladewater, Brian Fields-Sweeny, Rhyne Fuller-Lubbock Cooper, Brett Garbs-Caldwell, Blake Grimmett-Snyder, Russell Hearne-Lufkin Hudson, Heath Herron-Celina, Adam Hornung-Lorena, Preston King-Forney, Jacob Limmer-China Spring, Lance Loftin-Waco Connally, Scott McGahey-Lindale, Justin McPherson-Godley, Santana Mejia-Falfurrias, Bo Merrell-Perryton, Bob Nicks-Princeton, Carlos Rincones-Lyford, Manuel Rodriguez-Hidalgo, Colter Zoch-La Grange, Aaron Zwick-Canton
OUTFIELDERS:
Chase Anderle-La Grange, Adam Banda-Greenwood, Josh Barnett-Lubbock Cooper, Michael Barton-Glen Rose, Jacob Hernandez-Somerset, Ivan Inzunza-Hidalgo, Heath Konesheck-Sealy, Joseph Lemoine-Gladewater, Bobby Neelon-Needville, Chris Neiser-La Grange, Bryan Penn-Barbers Hill, Kenny Prile-Liberty Eylau, Daniel Valentine-Llano