PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Game?

NSUTrumpet08
01-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Ok, we'll talk about another type of game...what is your favorite game? It can be a computer game or a game on a gaming system? Any takers?

On computer, it would have to be Age of Empires II, Command and Conquer Generals, Sim City 4.

Not really sure on any gaming system...i loved Perfect Dark on N64. I really want to try Halo 2 sometime...yeah can you believe i haven't played it yet???

big daddy russ
01-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Halo 2's a blast, but I still like NCAA 2005 and the original Tecmo Bowl better. Others include Kid Icarus from the OG Nintendo, Final Fantasy 3 on the Super Nintendo and Turok on PS2.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
[BNCAA 2005[/B] :clap: :clap: :clap: this is my favorite game too!!! i also like the resident evil series. im gonna buy a gamecube just to play R.E.4.

CHS_CG
01-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Any game that keeps me outta trouble I usually like..

not that I am a trouble-maker!

pirate44
01-21-2005, 04:44 PM
i dont play video games, but i love getting down on the floor with my 1 year old son and playing basketball with him on his "Grow to Pro" basketball goal. He's getting really good.:)

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
not that I am a trouble-maker! thats what they all say...:p

CHS_CG
01-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i dont play video games, but i love getting down on the floor with my 1 year old son and playing basketball with him on his "Grow to Pro" basketball goal. He's getting really good.:)

aww thats soo cute!

CHS_DT#75
01-21-2005, 04:50 PM
ncaa 05 for me im currently on my 3rd season woo woooo

CHS_CG
01-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
thats what they all say...:p

No really.. even my AIM screen name is SmileyAnGeL22486!!:inlove:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-21-2005, 04:55 PM
yea i guess, most people do use a screen name that has SOMETHING to do w/ their personality or what they enjoy doing...mine is pwrlftng53, so i know where you are coming from. jsut remember, some angels need two horns to hold up that 24k gold halo.:D

Bulldog_12
01-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Right now, I love Madden 2005 and NCAA 2005. The new game Mercenaries is growing on me. Its like GTA in a warzone. its crazy.

sahen
01-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Metal Gear Solid Series....if you never played it ur missing out, but make sure u play number 1 (for ps1) then number 2 (Sons of Liberty, for ps2) and then number 3 (Snake Eater, for ps2) its like a movie and if u play them in that order you will not be disappointed...

Holmes_Fans
01-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Socom II: US Navy Seals and NCAA Football 2005 are my favorite games right now. I can't really play games offline anymore without being bored. And I plan on getting Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory when it comes out.

Holmes_Fans
01-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
Ok, we'll talk about another type of game...what is your favorite game? It can be a computer game or a game on a gaming system? Any takers?

On computer, it would have to be Age of Empires II, Command and Conquer Generals, Sim City 4.

Not really sure on any gaming system...i loved Perfect Dark on N64. I really want to try Halo 2 sometime...yeah can you believe i haven't played it yet???
Have you seen the screens for AoE III? http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/ageofempiresiii/index.html?q=age+of+empires

Looks freakin awesome, hopefully I will get some $$$ soon and build a new computer.

CRHSeagle
01-21-2005, 05:39 PM
On PS2 NCAA is always good, gotta love the option offense.
On PS1 my fav. game is Metal Gear Solid.Its classic. I also like Final Fantasy VII because of the card game.

BHKrystal06
01-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
yea i guess, most people do use a screen name that has SOMETHING to do w/ their personality or what they enjoy doing...mine is pwrlftng53, so i know where you are coming from. jsut remember, some angels need two horns to hold up that 24k gold halo.:D
Mine is Krystal462002..mine doesn't have anything to do with my personality at all...

Holmes_Fans
01-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Do any of yall play NCAA 2005 online?

Ranger Mom
01-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Roller Coaster Tycoon!

AP Panther Fan
01-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Geez....doesn't anybody play regular "old" board games anymore like monopoly or scrabble???:rolleyes:

I do like a dice game called "farkle"... lots of fun!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
Mine is Krystal462002..mine doesn't have anything to do with my personality at all... :confused: :confused: :confused: your a special case...:p

Holmes_Fans
01-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
On PS2 NCAA is always good, gotta love the option offense.
On PS1 my fav. game is Metal Gear Solid.Its classic. I also like Final Fantasy VII because of the card game.
I can't wait to play the newest MGS.

TMer25
01-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Halflife 2 and Resident Evil 4 would be the 2 games I seem to be playing the most lately

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2005, 11:14 PM
NFL2k5 on Xbox...way cheaper than Madden, and a really good game...the halftime shows are pretty impressive, and the franchise mode is actually difficult to maintain a good team under the cap.

Holmes_Fans
01-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
NFL2k5 on Xbox...way cheaper than Madden, and a really good game...the halftime shows are pretty impressive, and the franchise mode is actually difficult to maintain a good team under the cap.
Preserve 2k5 while you can, its the last NFL game sega will be making for a while.

and no more Sega ESPN football either

ESPN brand and programming to surface in EA sports titles on all platforms; deal is second blow to Sega Sports and Visual Concepts.

Electronic Arts broke the calm of a national holiday today by announcing a licensing deal of epic proportions. For the next fifteen years, EA will be the sole licensee of the ESPN brand in the area of sports games, which will include console, handheld, PC, and wireless games.

Games with leverage the ESPN brand will make their way to retail sometime during calendar year 2006, "upon the conclusion of ESPN’s existing video game licensing commitments."

The news is the second blow to current license-holder Sega (and its Visual Concepts development studio). It recently lost the right to publish sports games using the NFL license when EA scooped that license up. Now, it loses the right to the ESPN brand as well.

In a statement released just minutes ago, the world's largest game publisher said, "The relationship will include established EA SPORTS franchises--which will be enhanced by ESPN telecast, print and online content--as well as new sports games to be published by EA based on ESPN media properties."

The agreement is for fifteen years "with an option to terminate after ten years under certain conditions," the statement said. The agreement gives the publisher "exclusive first rights" to all ESPN content for simulation sports games.

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Preserve 2k5 while you can, its the last NFL game sega will be making for a while.

and no more Sega ESPN football either

ESPN brand and programming to surface in EA sports titles on all platforms; deal is second blow to Sega Sports and Visual Concepts.

Electronic Arts broke the calm of a national holiday today by announcing a licensing deal of epic proportions. For the next fifteen years, EA will be the sole licensee of the ESPN brand in the area of sports games, which will include console, handheld, PC, and wireless games.

Games with leverage the ESPN brand will make their way to retail sometime during calendar year 2006, "upon the conclusion of ESPN’s existing video game licensing commitments."

The news is the second blow to current license-holder Sega (and its Visual Concepts development studio). It recently lost the right to publish sports games using the NFL license when EA scooped that license up. Now, it loses the right to the ESPN brand as well.

In a statement released just minutes ago, the world's largest game publisher said, "The relationship will include established EA SPORTS franchises--which will be enhanced by ESPN telecast, print and online content--as well as new sports games to be published by EA based on ESPN media properties."

The agreement is for fifteen years "with an option to terminate after ten years under certain conditions," the statement said. The agreement gives the publisher "exclusive first rights" to all ESPN content for simulation sports games.

yeah...I read that a couple days ago...that stinks...I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the Madden franchise, but I think competition is good. Since Sega has been making their football game, Madden has been forced to make a lot of improvements. I'm never for a monopoly, and that's what EA Sports is going to have on NFL games for a while.

Holmes_Fans
01-21-2005, 11:31 PM
They bought %20 of another company to just recently, might of been Ubi-Soft

District303aPastPlayer
01-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Need for Speed for PS2
Top Spin for XBox

NSUTrumpet08
01-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Roller Coaster Tycoon!

Roller Coaster Tycoon was a great game! When the 2nd one came out, they had a contest to see who can build the best roller coaster based on design and other factors. My brother signed up for it and submitted his roller coaster like 10 minutes before the due date...a couple of months later, we found out he was the winner for his age group and there was a tie but his essay won it for him. So he got a $500 check, Roller Coaster Tycoon pinball machine, the roller coaster tycoon board game, a new computer, and a trip for 4 to any amusement park in the country. He picked Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, and it was totally awesome! He rode the Top Thrill Dragster, at the time the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster at over 300 feet and over 120 mph!

Bulldog_12
01-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Socom II: US Navy Seals .

Heck yeah, I love that game. Its really fun online. You ever play it?

Ranger Mom
01-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
Roller Coaster Tycoon was a great game! When the 2nd one came out, they had a contest to see who can build the best roller coaster based on design and other factors. My brother signed up for it and submitted his roller coaster like 10 minutes before the due date...a couple of months later, we found out he was the winner for his age group and there was a tie but his essay won it for him. So he got a $500 check, Roller Coaster Tycoon pinball machine, the roller coaster tycoon board game, a new computer, and a trip for 4 to any amusement park in the country. He picked Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, and it was totally awesome! He rode the Top Thrill Dragster, at the time the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster at over 300 feet and over 120 mph!

I don't build my own roller coasters, I just use the one's that the game provides. I have a hard enough time keeping all the puke cleaned up! :D

Holmes_Fans
01-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Heck yeah, I love that game. Its really fun online. You ever play it?
Everyday, I'm on right now.

Ranger Mom
01-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Everyday, I'm on right now.

You really should think about getting a life!:D

spiveyrat
01-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Geez....doesn't anybody play regular "old" board games anymore like monopoly or scrabble???:rolleyes:

I do like a dice game called "farkle"... lots of fun!

I've got a hand-held electronic Yatzee game! ;)

I like most all of the LucasArts Star Wars games.

HighSchool Fan
01-24-2005, 08:34 AM
my favorite game, let's see, when emily is playing soccer, that's my favorite, when brittni is playin volleyball, that's my favorite, when emily and brittni are cheerleading, that's my favorite or when brittni and steven are playing basketball, that's my favorite. i guess my favorite game is the one that my kids are playing in.