PDA

View Full Version : Philly not the only one trying to cure past woes (PLEASE READ)

TheDOCTORdre
01-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Austin (not the AP)-- This weekend Donovan McNabb and the Philidelphia Eagles are trying to do achieve something they haven't been able to do in the past 3 years, win the NFC title game. Philidelphia is the only team to make it to 3 straight NFC Championship games without winning one. In 2002, the Eagles lost to St. Louis Rams in St. Louis and lost at home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2003 and the Carolina Panthers in 2004 to miss the trip to the Super Bowl. This year the Eagles will face the Falcons in Philly and try to break their jinx. Many football fans are familiar with the Eagles and their woes, but this weekend their is someone else who will be trying to break a losing streak, Andres Serrano(Me). What losing streak does Serrano bring to the table, the streak of gambling against Tom Brady in the playoffs. Serrano's jinx goes back to the 2002 season when the Patriots were beneficiaries of "The Tuck Rule" and upset the Oakland Raiders in the 2002 AFC Divisional Playoffs. Including that game the Patriots have been in 7 post season games, including 2 Super Bowls. In all 7 games Serrano has bet against the Patriots and Tom Brady,who is 7-0 in the playoffs, and he has lost all bets. The Patriots most recent victory came this past Sunday over the Indianapolis Colts, which was Andres preseason pick to win the Super Bowl. Serrano is quoted a saying things about Tom Brady that cannot be quoted, along with the statement, "No quarterback has cost me more money in the playoffs that Tom Brady" This weekend Serrano hopes that the Pittsburgh Steelers can defeat the Patriots and end his losing streak of betting against the Patriots.

mustang04
01-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Austin (not the AP)-- This weekend Donovan McNabb and the Philidelphia Eagles are trying to do achieve something they haven't been able to do in the past 3 years, win the NFC title game. Philidelphia is the only team to make it to 3 straight NFC Championship games without winning one. In 2002, the Eagles lost to St. Louis Rams in St. Louis and lost at home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2003 and the Carolina Panthers in 2004 to miss the trip to the Super Bowl. This year the Eagles will face the Falcons in Philly and try to break their jinx. Many football fans are familiar with the Eagles and their woes, but this weekend their is someone else who will be trying to break a losing streak, Andres Serrano(Me). What losing streak does Serrano bring to the table, the streak of gambling against Tom Brady in the playoffs. Serrano's jinx goes back to the 2002 season when the Patriots were beneficiaries of "The Tuck Rule" and upset the Oakland Raiders in the 2002 AFC Divisional Playoffs. Including that game the Patriots have been in 7 post season games, including 2 Super Bowls. In all 7 games Serrano has bet against the Patriots and Tom Brady,who is 7-0 in the playoffs, and he has lost all bets. The Patriots most recent victory came this past Sunday over the Indianapolis Colts, which was Andres preseason pick to win the Super Bowl. Serrano is quoted a saying things about Tom Brady that cannot be quoted, along with the statement, "No quarterback has cost me more money in the playoffs that Tom Brady" This weekend Serrano hopes that the Pittsburgh Steelers can defeat the Patriots and end his losing streak of betting against the Patriots.

haha...AMEN...go Steelers led by Roethlesburger or however u spell it

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-21-2005, 03:42 PM
im w/ ya man, im pulling for the falcons and the steelers. they are my picks to play in the superbowl. it will be a tough one to pick one of them to actually win the superbowl though.

TheDOCTORdre
01-23-2005, 07:48 PM
I guess I should have learned from my past instead of just throwing my money away

SwtwtrMstngs04
01-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Andres I remember something u told me way back in sophmore year one morning in geometry. its not a problem until you lose. take a hint.

TheDOCTORdre
01-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
Andres I remember something u told me way back in sophmore year one morning in geometry. its not a problem until you lose. take a hint.
How did u remember that?

SwtwtrMstngs04
01-24-2005, 08:48 AM
i dunno i thought it was funny. stuff like that just sticks with me