PDA

View Full Version : Kidnapped Teen's Body found in Texas!

Phil C
01-21-2005, 02:45 PM
She was kidnapped from a Wal-Mart parking lot Wednesday and killed. They may have caught the kidnapper today when he went to a hospital with a gunshot wound obtained in a robbery attempt. If he was the one he didn't have to kill her. Her could have let her off on some isolated road and had time to get away. Now he may have a murder charge against him.
To those who work at Wal-Mart or anywhere (whether you are female or male) at night be very careful. I don't want to sound male chalvinistic (spelling) but when you go to your car late at night like that have someone preferable a trusted male if you are a female watch to see that you get to your car all right. And for goodness sake before you get into the car look in the back seat to be sure no one is hiding back there.

Bullaholic
01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Very sad ending to this story, Phil. Good advice for the ladies. Where is "The Vigilante" when you need him?

AP Panther Fan
01-21-2005, 02:53 PM
This is very sad. I truly hope they catch or have caught the right guy.

Officials: Body of abducted Wal-Mart employee found
Police say suspect in custody in Arizona

Friday, January 21, 2005 Posted: 2:18 PM EST (1918 GMT)

TYLER, Texas (CNN) -- Authorities searching for a 19-year-old woman abducted from the parking lot of a Tyler, Texas, Wal-Mart found her body Friday in Stanton, Texas, about 400 miles west of where she was taken.

Police say a man forced Megan Leann Holden into her truck late Wednesday as she was leaving work at the store and drove off with her. She was found shot to death in a ditch off of Interstate 20, said Tyler Police Chief Gary Swindle.

Police said two oil workers in Stanton discovered the body and alerted authorities.

Earlier Friday, the suspected kidnapper, Johnny Williams, was arrested at a hospital in Willcox, Arizona, where he was being treated for gunshot wounds. A hospital official said the wounds were light. Swindle said Williams was taken away after being treated.

Willcox is about 600 miles west of the town where Holden's body was found.

Swindle said Williams, 24, lives in the Tyler area, in northeast Texas, and has served in the military. No further information on Williams was immediately available.

Holden's kidnapping close to midnight Wednesday was captured on surveillance video. A black male could be seen loitering in the parking lot for more than two hours, at times following women before giving up on them, and then grabbing Williams and forcing her into her red truck.

"We believe he was looking for a ride," Swindle told reporters at a news conference.

At one point before the abduction a security guard spoke with the man. He also entered the Wal-Mart, ostensibly to use the bathroom.

When Holden did not get home by 3 a.m. her sister called her mother, who contacted police. Authorities looked at the tapes and spoke with those who had seen the man, and began a ground and aerial search for the vehicle.

A police officer in Willcox saw Williams drive the truck up to Northern Cochise Community Hospital on Friday morning, throw the keys in the truck and enter the hospital.

Authorities later found a handgun in the vehicle, as well as a bag that the man in the surveillance video appeared to be holding.

Swindle said preliminary reports suggested Williams was shot in the shoulder as he tried to carry out a robbery at a mobile home park in Bowie, Arizona.

He said Holden appeared to have been shot in the ditch where she was left. Her body was found at 8:43 a.m. (9:43 a.m. ET).

There is no reason to believe Holden knew Williams, authorities said.

An FBI source said the FBI in Phoenix, Arizona, is assisting local authorities in the investigation, which includes searching Holden's truck for evidence.

Williams could face charges of murder, kidnapping and unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, the FBI source said.

The private organization Crimestoppers had offered a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to Holden or her abductor.

CNN's Ed Lavandera and Mike Brooks contributed to this report.

spiveyrat
01-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Just senseless! :mad:

Get a rope!!!

CHS_CG
01-21-2005, 03:16 PM
She was from Tyler also... if I am correct, the city of Tyler is having a rough New Year. Wasnt the UT band member also from Tyler?

big daddy russ
01-21-2005, 04:14 PM
UT band member???

Bullaholic
01-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
UT band member???

Re: Pg 3 of the threads, Russ-"UT Bandmember Passes" thread.

big daddy russ
01-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks Bull.

Ranger Mom
01-21-2005, 07:05 PM
OMG!! Stanton is only 12 miles from me. This is the first I have heard about this!

TXMike
01-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Kudos to Richie Chapman, the Mt View RV Park store clerk who had the intestinal fortitude to resist the robbery attempt and blast the SOB.

Ranger Mom
01-22-2005, 09:36 AM
The news last night said he also robbed an Uncles convenience store in Odessa.

They said the girl was shot in Martin County (Stanton). They interviewed the man who found her, he didn't speak any English, but you could tell he was SHOOK UP!

He said she had a black eye and bruises all over her arms.

Leopards,class of 75
01-22-2005, 09:39 AM
This is a really sad story. I agree that you should always have someone walking with you to the car at night. They showed it on t.v. last night where it was caught on tape. She made a mistake trying to run to get into her truck. He caught up with her and the rest is a very sad story. Your chances would be much better to run back into the store. I pray that they find this person that killed her!

Ranger Mom
01-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
I pray that they find this person that killed her!

They found him in Arizona still driving her truck. He has been charged with aggravated kidnapping and capital murder!

TXMike
01-22-2005, 10:38 AM
While I have sympathy for the guy's family because they did nothing to have this placed upon them...their claims already about how his military service screwed him up are not the way to go IMHO.

CHS_CG
01-22-2005, 10:46 AM
When I used to work at McDonalds.. if you closed it was you and 2 other people and the manager so when you got ready to leave, by mcd's policy, one person was to be let out by the manager.. get in their car while the other waited by the phone to call 911 just in case, the person was to drive around the whole store and make sure nothing was lookin too off, if everything was ok he would come back around and park in drive thru.. if something looked off or he saw somebody he was to keep drivin to the nearest place open.. and call 911 and we were to all get in the back... good plan except if u are the person who has to drive around!

ILS1
01-22-2005, 11:18 AM
My heart goes out to her family. I just read a story that said her mother was in a wreck on the way to Tyler. She was ok but flipped her car 3 times. In October, Megan's boyfriend died from complications due to asthma. Wow!! All this to happen in a 3 months span. God bless them!!

:)