PDA

View Full Version : Just saw FNL for the 1st time

injuredinmelee
01-21-2005, 07:20 AM
Here are my random musings on this film:

It is just hard to watch a movie i have discovered where you actually know some of the actual characters being portrayed. I just got the feeling that Gaines not having anything to do with this movie or book hurt the fact that Billy Bob wasnt able to do a good character study. On that same note Billy Bobs character seems like he almost changed personalitites during the season. Its just hard for me to put that thought in words because im still mulling it over in my head to try and put my finger on it exactly.

The inaccuriaces were bad but I should have expected that. (games playoff system etc.)

Over all it was watchable movie. I was really impressed with the acting job of Tim McGraw. He played a great drunk. but dude I know now why you wear a hat all the time.

District303aPastPlayer
01-21-2005, 09:34 AM
the thing about the movie that everyone forgets is that its not supposed to be a documentary type movie where its a straight take on the book... its inspired by a true story... the inacuracies are supposed to be there... but its still a good movie