PDA

View Full Version : UT Band Member passes

Jet1
01-20-2005, 04:39 PM
I was listening to the news at lunch and it said that a UT band member passed away while he/she was on a band trip. Thoughts and prayers are given. Sad story.

Gilmer Buckeye
01-20-2005, 06:08 PM
It was no ordinary band trip. They were in Washington, D.C., for the inauguration. The young man was from Tyler. It's on the front page of today's paper. Very sad and my prayers go to his family. Here's a link to the story:

http://www.tylerpaper.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=13786062&BRD=1994&PAG=461&dept_id=226369&rfi=6

When I first read the title, I seriously thought you were referring to a band member at UT having passed all his classes, unlike their star basketball player.

Astrosdawg07
01-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Gilmer Buckeye
When I first read the title, I seriously thought you were referring to a band member at UT having passed all his classes, unlike their star basketball player.

I did the same thing.

44INAROW
01-20-2005, 09:16 PM
So sad, my prayers go out to his family and the community. Seems I remember hearing about a band member dying at the Rose Bowl Parade too?

CheerMom
01-20-2005, 09:37 PM
It is always so sad to lose someone so young. My heart and prayers go out to this young man's family and friends. I can't imagine the pain they must be feeling.

big daddy russ
01-21-2005, 04:25 PM
I just heard about this. My prayers go out to the kid's family and any loved ones out there. From what the story had to say about him, seems like he's in a far better place now.

BrahmaMom
01-24-2005, 10:02 AM
What a shock for his family and friends. You know football comes with some risks, but you never expect someone to die on a band trip. Just goes to show you that you never know--may we all learn from this to appreciate our loved ones all the time, because we never know when they could leave us. My heartfelt sympathy and prayers to his family and friends.