PDA

View Full Version : Homer Grads

Bullaholic
01-20-2005, 12:55 PM
How many of you still live in the town where you graduated High School? Where did you graduate from?

There may be some common ground with some of us....

For me:

East Jefferson High School-Metairie, La. 1965
TCU- 1965-66'
Southeastern Louisiana University-Hammond, La. - BA, 1970

pirate44
01-20-2005, 01:10 PM
i was born in Sinton (tiney hospital) grew up and schooled in Sinton and now live there after 3 years of living in Corpus Christi. once i got married, my wife (who is also from Sinton) decided we wanted to raise our children in Sinton.

CHS_CG
01-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i was born in Sinton (tiney hospital) grew up and schooled in Sinton and now live there after 3 years of living in Corpus Christi. once i got married, my wife (who is also from Sinton) decided we wanted to raise our children in Sinton.

lol I was born in Kansas City, Kansas.. then moved to Missiouri, then came to Texas in 97:confused: I think.. where I have now been in Caldwell what feels like 4 EVER and Graduated high school from here.

Phil C
01-20-2005, 02:35 PM
I was born in Dallas, Texas but was raised in Freer, Texas as a Freer Buckaroo. I have lived in Sinton the past 25 years though and am now a Sinton Pirate and Lady Pirate Fan. I still want Freer to win as long as they are not playing Sinton. When Sinton played Freer in volleyball a few years ago there was much anticipation as to who I would cheer for at game time. The suspense was broken when I cheered for the Lady Pirates. :)

pirate44
01-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I was born in Dallas, Texas but was raised in Freer, Texas as a Freer Buckaroo. I have lived in Sinton the past 25 years though and am now a Sinton Pirate and Lady Pirate Fan. I still want Freer to win as long as they are not playing Sinton. When Sinton played Freer in volleyball a few years ago there was much anticipation as to who I would cheer for at game time. The suspense was broken when I cheered for the Lady Pirates. :)
definately Sinton's adopted son:clap: when will the school board decide to give you an honorary Diploma? Universities do it for celebrities all the time.

44INAROW
01-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I was born in Hope Ark but got to Texas as soon as possible lol.. we moved to Cuero in 1962 when I was 4 and I've been here all my life (except for a brief 6 months in Baytown in 1976) I officially graduated from Baytown Sterling but I also hold a Diploma from Cuero HS lol.....

Bullaholic
01-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I was born in Hope Ark but got to Texas as soon as possible lol.. we moved to Cuero in 1962 when I was 4 and I've been here all my life (except for a brief 6 months in Baytown in 1976) I officially graduated from Baytown Sterling but I also hold a Diploma from Cuero HS lol.....

That's really interesting 44INAROW, not many folks have got 2 HS Diplomas.

AP Panther Fan
01-20-2005, 02:55 PM
I was born in Sinton, raised in and graduated from Ingleside and have now lived in Aransas Pass for 20+ years.

This acorn didn't fall far from the tree!:D

Bullaholic
01-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I was born in Sinton, raised in and graduated from Ingleside and have now lived in Aransas Pass for 20+ years.

This acorn didn't fall far from the tree!:D

You're a lot like Phil C., AP Panther Fan----torn by multiple allegiances at games

Bullaholic
01-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Besides our old age, you and I share birthplaces too, Phil.;)

Ranger Mom
01-20-2005, 03:05 PM
I was born in Frankfurt Germany, lived in Tatum, NM til 4th grade.
Moved to Coahoma and graduated there. Then moved to Denton, to Midland, to Abilene, to Coleman, to Midland, to Bakersfield, CA, and finally to Greenwood.

45 miles from where I grew up!:p

44INAROW
01-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
That's really interesting 44INAROW, not many folks have got 2 HS Diplomas.

SSSHHH don't tell anyone :D :D :D

I am a card-carrying member of the "not what you know, but who you know club" :devil: :devil:

AP Panther Fan
01-20-2005, 03:10 PM
SSSHHH don't tell anyone :D :D :D

I am a card-carrying member of the "not what you know, but who you know club" :devil: :devil:

Hmmm....think I will call Coach Reeve so he can announce this at the next booster club meeting.:D

44INAROW
01-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hmmm....think I will call Coach Reeve so he can announce this at the next booster club meeting.:D

well he does usually asks what the "lowdown on the downlow is" lol :eek: :eek:

Did anyone notice my AVATAR? Thanks Ranger Mom :)

pirate44
01-20-2005, 03:17 PM
well he does usually asks what the "lowdown on the downlow is" lol :eek: :eek:

Did anyone notice my AVATAR? Thanks Ranger Mom :)
nice avatar 44.:clap:

FootballChik98
01-20-2005, 06:57 PM
I was born in Dallas. I moved to Forney in 6th grade and graduated from there. I continued to live in Forney until last year, and now I live in Canton.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 07:04 PM
graduated from lake worth high school, my home of record is still in lake worth, but i kinda stay somewhere else...but just for now.:D

Old Green
01-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Born in Yoakum. Raised and schooled in Cuero. class of 72. I moved back in 1986 to Cuero.:cheerl:

DragonEagle01
01-21-2005, 07:18 AM
I was born in Grapevine, Tx. I lived in Canton from 83-86, and then moved to Southlake where I lived until 2002. I graduated from Southlake Carroll High School in 2001, and then moved back to Canton in 2002.

LH Panther Mom
01-21-2005, 07:23 AM
I hope I don't leave something out. I was born in Fairbanks, Alaska as an Army brat. When my dad finished his tour & got out, we started the coach's tour - Pecos, Roaring Springs, Friona, Wolfforth (Frenship ISD), Canadian, Amherst & Crosbyton where I graduated. I moved to Lubbock & stayed there 16 years until we moved to Liberty Hill.

My parents & one brother live in Matador (sort of....) and the other brother lives in Casper, Wyoming.

rhs78
01-21-2005, 10:44 AM
I was born in woodsboro,tx. moved to sheridanin 7th grade, grad.from rice high school, attended SFA for a year or two, moved to woodsboro,bonnieveiw,bayside,houston,corpus christi,Freer,neederland,beeville,bishop,back to Freer,devine,dilley,cotulla,lytle,back to corpus christi,and now back to sheridan since 1998. now with that much moving i have seen a lot of texas high school football and plan to see a lot more. i do not plan on moving for a while!!!!!!