PDA

View Full Version : Dre's Daily Sports Dose

TheDOCTORdre
01-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Today I thought I would open this subject on athletes and talking about an upcoming game. Last week Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt said that the Patriots were ripe for the pickin, and Jets DE Shaun Ellis said that he was confident that they would be able to defeat the Steelers, although the Jets came close to victory, they didnt win, and Vanderjagt and the Colts apperently couldnt harvest the Pats. This week, Terrel Owens has came out and said that the Eagles were going to win against Atlanta. Owen's isn't even playing should he be writing checks for his team to cash? What are you're thoughts on pre-game talking by athletes. What is allowable, and what is out of line. Give your thoughts

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-19-2005, 07:19 PM
personally im pretty conservative when it comes to pre-game trash talking. i think you should keep your trap shut and focus on the game. you should be so focused that it will be like you are playing the last game you will ever play, a state championship/nc/superbowl, and the world ends tomorrow all wrapped into one.

NHSRattler60
01-19-2005, 07:23 PM
The more you talk, the harder you team has to work for the win. TO needs to keep his mouth closed. Hotlanta is fired up about bein in the playoffs. Both the NFC and AFC games are not going to be like the other games hopefully. The weaker links have been weeded out and the games are at least Expected to be close. All opening your mouth and running it does makes the other team fight harder when the score is close. Not smart at all. But I guess its easier to write a check that you aren't gonna have to cash, that is, not right away. If I were Donovan Mcnabb, and i lost the NFC title game because Micheal vick got pissed at TO and ran for 5 touchdowns to win, I'd be throwin more than passes at my favorite target next time i saw him.

AggieJohn
01-20-2005, 12:09 AM
their was a college bball game last night where a kid yelled to the crowd its over and then missed crucial free throws and lost it for the team