PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

District303aPastPlayer
01-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Came out on DVD yesterday... im wonderin... what extras ya think they put on there... id be all for a double disk, where disk 2 has some game films, ie the Carter game

jason
01-19-2005, 12:20 PM
i just watched 'Remember the Titans' and there is no way Friday Night Lights is better......Titans is the best football movie ever made...

Ranger Mom
01-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by jason
i just watched 'Remember the Titans' and there is no way Friday Night Lights is better......Titans is the best football movie ever made...

I watched that for the first time last week.

It was one of the best movies I have ever seen!

pirate4state
01-19-2005, 12:46 PM
i just watched 'Remember the Titans' and there is no way Friday Night Lights is better......Titans is the best football movie ever made... Agreed!

Buccaneer
01-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Have you seen "Coach Carter"? That may be the best basketball movie since "Fast Break"!

Ranger Mom
01-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Have you seen "Coach Carter"? That may be the best basketball movie since "Fast Break"!

I haven't seen either one!

I now have Friday Night Lights, Remember the Titans and Varsity Blues....any more football movies I need to add to my collection?

pirate44
i havent seen fast break, but i cant imagine a better basketball movie than "Hoosiers"

jason
Have you seen "Coach Carter"? That may be the best basketball movie since "Fast Break"! ive heard it was average at best...just another 'come save the inner city school' type movie, like dangerous minds.....

jason
01-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i havent seen fast break, but i cant imagine a better basketball movie than "Hoosiers" 'he got game' and 'above the rim' are really good basketball movies.....

especially the 'recruiting' scene in He Got Game :D :D

big daddy russ
01-19-2005, 01:25 PM
ive heard it was average at best...just another 'come save the inner city school' type movie, like dangerous minds..... One of my friends loved that movie, but said it was two and a half hours long. I think I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.

Buccaneer
01-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I now have Friday Night Lights, Remember the Titans and Varsity Blues....any more football movies I need to add to my collection?

My favorite football movie is "The Replacements".

pirate4state
01-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Came out on DVD yesterday... im wonderin... what extras ya think they put on there... id be all for a double disk, where disk 2 has some game films, ie the Carter game Hey Aaron - Wal-Mart has a 2 disc set for $21.99. The movie disc has special features on Tim McGraw, a player cam and "The Story of the 1988 Permian Panthers" - Witness the real FNL players & fans through the eyes of the cast & crew. The extra disc has 40 minutes of never before seen footage/features, Gridiron Grads (a look at Hell Week with the cast of FNL) and Behind the Lights (a commentary with director Peter Berg, Writer, H.G. Bissinger and the cast). Hope that helps.

Jody
01-19-2005, 03:17 PM

VERY GOOD Movie!

Cameronbystander
01-19-2005, 03:20 PM
My favorite football movie is "Brian's Song." If you haven't seen it you should.

superslyguy06
01-19-2005, 03:35 PM
probly just some of the same stuff they showed on CMT before the movie came out

lobo dad
01-19-2005, 09:38 PM

"All the Right Moves" is a good movie as well as "Any Given Sunday." If you like the pros.:thinking:

Panther Ross
01-19-2005, 10:48 PM

I'm sorry but Remember the Titans sucked in many ways.

District303aPastPlayer
01-20-2005, 12:47 AM
'he got game' and 'above the rim' are really good basketball movies.....

especially the 'recruiting' scene in He Got Game :D :D

Ray Allan was great... JEEEESUUUUUSSSSSS

espn1
01-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Don't forget Rudy!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 06:14 PM
i know its not football, or even something often played in the southern part of the country but Miracle (its about hockey, for those who dont know) was pretty good.

Ranger Mom
01-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
I'm sorry but Remember the Titans sucked in many ways.

Why do you say that??

I thought it was really good!

Bulldog_12
01-20-2005, 08:09 PM
My favorite football movie is "The Replacements".

YES!!!!! I love that movie! Not my favorite football movie, which is Remember the TItans, but it is great.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Why do you say that??

I thought it was really good! i agree w/ RM it was a very good movie. still makes me tear up when i watch it.

CHS_CG
01-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i agree w/ RM it was a very good movie. still makes me tear up when i watch it.

Last year our Eco teacher has us watch that movie and I think the whole class teared up.. even the guys a lil.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 08:34 PM
a wise man once said: it takes a big man to cry and admit it.

jack handy once said: it takes a big man to cry, and an even bigger man to laugh at him when he does.:D

CHS_CG
01-20-2005, 08:36 PM
a wise man once said: it takes a big man to cry and admit it.

jack handy once said: it takes a big man to cry, and an even bigger man to laugh at him when he does.:D

Now be nice!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Now be nice! hey i cry, i admit it. then again there are some big boys out there too...

CHS_CG
01-20-2005, 08:39 PM
hey i cry, i admit it. then again there are some big boys out there too...

yup I have seen it.. BTW you have a pm:wave:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
yup I have seen it.. BTW you have a pm:wave: i dont cry often though. you have one too.

CHS_CG
01-20-2005, 08:44 PM
i dont cry often though. you have one too.

I do.. I am emotional.. being pregnant doesnt help lol. now you have another one lol!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 08:48 PM
well being an expecting mother can be emotional. how far along are you? you know we are all always gonna be here to help if you need it.;)

CHS_CG
01-20-2005, 08:53 PM
well being an expecting mother can be emotional. how far along are you? you know we are all always gonna be here to help if you need it.;)

5 1/2 - 6 months
haha that help has been offered.. I believe Jason would like to baby sit my daugther.. I called him on that one though.. told him he only wanted to do that to pick up chicks.. ::tisk tisk:: lol

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 09:01 PM
thats a good reason for any guy to wanna babysit though!!! just make sure he doesnt drink...

CHS_CG
01-20-2005, 09:07 PM
thats a good reason for any guy to wanna babysit though!!! just make sure he doesnt drink...

HE KNOWS BETTER!

onfirebball05mustang
01-20-2005, 11:41 PM
lol the thought of jason babysitting:doh:

Remember the Titans would have to be one of my favorite movies..then again we went out and got FNL tonight...we're watching it tomorrow---i can't wait! My only night off this week!:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
01-21-2005, 12:56 AM
i just saw it for the 2nd time in one day... man, i still tear up. . . and seeing Boobie Miles next to Derek Luke is a surreal sight...

Old Green
01-21-2005, 06:10 AM
You should buy the movie "RADIO" also. Good football movie about a local character in Louisiana. Based on a true story. It will bring joy to your soul and a tear jerker at the same time.

District303aPastPlayer
01-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
You should buy the movie "RADIO" also. Good football movie about a local character in Louisiana. Based on a true story. It will bring joy to your soul and a tear jerker at the same time.

saw it.. man, what a good movie...

Ranger Mom
01-21-2005, 09:39 AM
My husband watched FNL last night, he wasn't that impressed with it.

I will watch it this weekend sometime and see what I think.

One funny thing, last season hubby and I went to the Midland Lee/Permian game. There were helicopters flying over the entire time. They were filming the game. In the movie, footage from that game is shown supposedly when Permian was playing Marshall! I am in the crowd of people at that game!

I'm a movie star and didn't even know it....where's my check??:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
01-21-2005, 10:04 AM
My husband watched FNL last night, he wasn't that impressed with it.

I will watch it this weekend sometime and see what I think.

One funny thing, last season hubby and I went to the Midland Lee/Permian game. There were helicopters flying over the entire time. They were filming the game. In the movie, footage from that game is shown supposedly when Permian was playing Marshall! I am in the crowd of people at that game!

I'm a movie star and didn't even know it....where's my check??:confused:

midland lee or midland high?

because the midland high team is 'marshall'

Ranger Mom
01-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
midland lee or midland high?

because the midland high team is 'marshall'

Oops...my mistake. It is the game when Permian is playing Lee the last game of the season.

It was filmed on Halloween night in 2003. I was there and thinking the whole time, "I feel sorry for Midland Lee, they have got some CRAPPY fans"!

BrahmaMom
01-23-2005, 08:32 PM
My son has a football movie collection, sans Brian's Song, which is an old but tremendous movie. Radio is one you have to get but, hey you Aggies out there: where ARE y'all?? Junction Boys is another must-have. FNL will always be a favorite, but most of my sons really liked Titans. Also, The Replacements isn't bad if you want to be complete. They are lots of fun to watch over the years.

big daddy russ
01-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Brian's Song is without a doubt the best. One of my top five of all-time. Distant seconds are Rudy and The Longest Yard (which both awesome movies) followed by Varsity Blues, Titans, and Friday Night Lights. I have them all neck, neck and neck.

There's another one that was real good, came out in the late-70's, about a QB who died and comes back in another body determined to make the Rams. I forgot the name, but I used to watch it all the time as a kid.

I guess I'm not as much as a stickler for the details as many people are. If the movie's good, I like it.

Panther Ross
01-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Why do you say that??

I thought it was really good!

I don't know it was just so predictible. It was alright I guess.

BullFrog Dad
01-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Brian's Song is without a doubt the best. One of my top five of all-time. Distant seconds are Rudy and The Longest Yard (which both awesome movies) followed by Varsity Blues, Titans, and Friday Night Lights. I have them all neck, neck and neck.

There's another one that was real good, came out in the late-70's, about a QB who died and comes back in another body determined to make the Rams. I forgot the name, but I used to watch it all the time as a kid.

I guess I'm not as much as a stickler for the details as many people are. If the movie's good, I like it. "Heaven Can Wait" It was a good movie.

pirate44
02-07-2005, 12:24 PM
saw it for the first time before the super bowl yesterday. very good movie. takes me back to my high shool days. and sure, they changed some details to make it more interesting, but c'mon, does it really take 2 pumps to shoot a shotgun?:rolleyes:
great movie though;)