PDA

View Full Version : 3-3A basketball on 1-18-04

panther power
01-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Stockton beat Pecos in Pecos by 16. We are now 2-3 in district. John Gonzales was game high with 22 points and 12 rebounds despite only playing 3 quarters. J.J HIckman had a solid 10 points and Tyler Yancy and Bryan Rainwater had strong games as well hitting a combined 7 three pointers.

Ranger Mom
01-19-2005, 11:58 AM
PantherPower...I am ashamed to admit this.

Any idea how Greenwood is doing?

lobo12
01-19-2005, 12:06 PM
ranger mom i know you werent asking me, but i think greenwood is in second place behind seminole. lamesa is third and pecos is last i believe, have no clue i think monahans is ahead of stockton and they play presidio tonight...heard it was a good game between monahans and stockton...you watch it panther power???

Ranger Mom
01-19-2005, 12:28 PM
From what I just read in the Midland Reporter Telegram...Greenwood beat Seminole last night 72-63 to go 5-0 in district.

lobo12
01-19-2005, 12:53 PM
thanks, i guess i was mistaken

panther power
01-19-2005, 06:47 PM
yeah, last night greenwood beat seminole to go 5-0 in district, seminole fell to 4-1, lamesa is behind them. Stockton is 2-3, monahans is 2-4 i believe, and presidio is 2-4. pecos is 0-5.

The game between monahans and stockton was great. It was here and wew got beat by 1 with 3 seconds to go. There was a questionable call that allowed monahans to get the ball and hit the go ahead score but it was a great game non the less.

We play greenwood friday here. battle of the top two scorers in the district-- zachary from greenwood and gonzales from stockton.

Jet1
01-19-2005, 07:02 PM
It might be the top two scorers but it is going to be one sided. Going to Greenwood.

panther power
01-19-2005, 07:06 PM
ok, whats wrong with you, games are played in on the court not on computer screens....

who ever wins the game is deserving of it, let the kids play

Jet1
01-19-2005, 07:08 PM
its not against the law to have an opinion either. I didn't call anyone player out I just gave an opinion. Why does a statement cause so much of the ruffling of the feathers.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-19-2005, 07:11 PM
i guess it causes friction between some people when someone says something they disagree w/. jsut to reference, the UT vs A&M game this past football season...the thread had to be banned because it caused so much torment.

panther power
01-19-2005, 07:13 PM
na no hard feelings................. did not think what i posted would cause you to ruffle your feathers either

Wtx_coach
01-19-2005, 07:45 PM
monahans is 1-4

lobo12
01-19-2005, 07:54 PM
so im guessing monahans lost last night to presidio...i think thats who they played...anyone know the score by any chance

panther power
01-19-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah lobo they lost in presidio by 18 I believe it was 69-51.... that place is cruel tp olay at. I don't think it is fair that only a few teams play there and others get to play at a nuetral court. That place has a huge home court advantage..

lobo12
01-19-2005, 08:35 PM
believe me i know what you are talking about...we lost there last year in overtime and should have easily one...that is a very hard place to play, i didnt know some teams played them neutral, that is a big disadvantage...i remember shooting free throws in overtime witht their students on the same side as me... people are gonna laugh at us for saying this because they think its presidio, but believe me that place is vicious to play at

panther power
01-19-2005, 08:41 PM
man that place is hell, you have three rows of bleachers on 1 side of the gym, people standing all around the court. It is a brutal place and it really isnt fair that greenwood lamesa and seminloe do not have to go there , they would be in a n whole other world and i think we would see some upsets.

Ranger Mom
01-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Why doesn't Greenwood have to go there?

Also, we have played them there before and beat them....it's not like we never have to travel!

lobo12
01-19-2005, 11:31 PM
RM, i dont think he meant it like that, i thought everybody had to go there, this is new to me, and believe me ranger mom i know yall beat them there, theres not many people yall didnt beat last year

panther power
01-20-2005, 09:05 PM
yeah no offense intended, but you have to agree imagine lamesa going to presidio and playing ball in that enviroment, come on.... or seminole at that... but just to show good sport i bet if you went down this year you all would still win cause you all have been there........

just a thought????????????

lobo12
01-20-2005, 11:05 PM
that last sentence confused me, what did that mean?

panther power
01-21-2005, 09:14 AM
i was meaning that if greenwood went down there this year they would still win in my opinion cause of their team play and the experience of being there before, just imagine seminole or lamesa going there and stepping off the bus , imagine the shock!

Ranger Mom
01-21-2005, 10:07 AM
I didn't mean anthing rude by what I posted...I'm sorry if it came out that way.

I thought in basketball, you pretty much played everyone in the district at least twice, at each others school. Is that not right?

I figured at some time this season, we will have to travel to Presidio!

panther power
01-21-2005, 10:22 AM
yeah you should have too, but lamesa and seminole play presidio at a nuetral site. I think this is an unfair advantage for those teams. You can say that it is to far to travel but if you have been to presidio you now they have a huge home court advantage! that place is cruel. everyone else has to go there, but the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the district right now do not have too face the challenge of playing there, clearly not fair to the rest of the district.

panther power
01-21-2005, 10:50 AM
here is some news articles from here---
After a 58-50 victory Friday over Presidio, the Panthers hit the road again Tuesday and improved their district record to 2-3 with a 66-50 win over Pecos. Proving their victory over Presidio wasn't a hollow one, the Prowlers benefited in the district race from Presidio's 68-44 victory over Monahans, which handed Fort Stockton its last home loss.

"We're starting to shoot the ball better," said Fort Stockton head coach Joe Flores. "That's been the big difference."

The Panthers shot well enough Tuesday to overcome 21 turnovers, in addition to being outrebounded. Two things Flores said his team will have to correct in order to defeat Greenwood, which is undefeated in district play.

"We're going to have to step up defensively, too," Flores said. "If the 'D' comes up big, we have a good shot at finishing the first round 3-3."

John Gonzalez led the Panthers against Pecos with 20 points, including 6-of-8 from the free throw line. J.J. Hickman scored 14 points, and Tyler Yancey had 13.

panther power
01-21-2005, 10:52 AM
here is another one from the ft. stockton pioneer--

John Gonzales is coming on strong, Flores said. He scored 20 points against Lamesa and another 18 against Seminole.

"He's been a presence inside," Flores said. "All three of our big guys (Gonzales, Jason Garcia and Matt Gardner) had a hard time to start the season. They are coming on. Teams are trying to stop Gonzales and that is opening up outside opportunities. We have to take advantage of those."