PDA

View Full Version : The Morning Mess -- Happy Hump Day

District303aPastPlayer
01-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the wednesday edition of the morning mess...
First off, happy hump day... secondly, i got my first call in shout out...

MarlinBullDawg05: When u do the Morning Mess tell HSF and LHPantermom i said good morning and have a great day!!!

There ya go.... B said hi...

Onto further news... did anyone see the Mavs score yesterday... 73 points at HALFTIME... some teams can bearly score that in one GAME.... Goodness...also, lets hear it for the peein dog in orlando

NFL news.... we are down to the conference championships...
I want to hear some Superbowl predictions later in the week... but as for now...
Lets talk college basketball... what team do you follow... and what conference are they in?

pirate44
01-19-2005, 09:04 AM
how did that dallas game go? ive been wondering why the Rockets cant be that potent. early 90's Golden State team could put up that kind of scoring, but they were all offense no defense. man i miss those days.
is it only me or does this week seem to be going by so slow. probably becasue its payday this friday. C'mon friday!

District303aPastPlayer
01-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Dallas wound up winning 137 to like 114 or something... rediculous amount of points... and if this week dragged any longer, id get a truck, send it to friday and pull this week along..

pirate44
01-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Dallas wound up winning 137 to like 114 or something... rediculous amount of points... and if this week dragged any longer, id get a truck, send it to friday and pull this week along..
start 'er up. ill help push.

onfirebball05mustang
01-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Good Morning all from Manor!

As far as college hoops go, this season I've actually paid a little more attention to them than usual (:eek:) The teams I've been trying to keep tabs on are the Islanders and of course the 'horns....pretty good seasons from what I've heard sofar

Y'all have a good'n
ace

pirate44
01-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Aaron, hows Gonzaga been doing? i heard a couple of Gonzaga students were kiiled in that avalanche in Idaho. tragic. another less covered avalanche killed a person on Mt Charleston outside of Las Vegas. thats where i go every trip out there. scary.

District303aPastPlayer
01-19-2005, 09:25 AM
The Islanders... anyone think that the women MAY sneak into the NIT and the men havea good shot at it as well?

pirate44
01-19-2005, 09:27 AM
The Islanders... anyone think that the women MAY sneak into the NIT and the men havea good shot at it as well?
i heard the women got a vote in the top 25 coaches poll. not bad!

District303aPastPlayer
01-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i heard the women got a vote in the top 25 coaches poll. not bad!

if im not mistaken... they beat Tulsa pretty bad a bit ago...

pirate44
01-19-2005, 09:32 AM
if im not mistaken... they beat Tulsa pretty bad a bit ago...
it was a queaker. last saturday 69-64

District303aPastPlayer
01-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Aaron, hows Gonzaga been doing? i heard a couple of Gonzaga students were kiiled in that avalanche in Idaho. tragic. another less covered avalanche killed a person on Mt Charleston outside of Las Vegas. thats where i go every trip out there. scary.

"...Behind two straight West Coast Conference wins, Gonzaga (13-3) moved up five spots to No. 11, followed by Georgia Tech, Arizona (14-3), Louisville (14-3) and Texas (13-3). Gonzaga is 3-1 in the WCC and back atop the standings after Saint MAry's suffered its first WCC setback of the season last Saturday. Gonzagaq heads to San Francisco on Thursday and San Diego on Saturday for a pair of WCC road outings..."

THis from GoZags.com... they routed pepperdine a couple days ago.. and look real good... Ronny Turiaf and JP Batista are coming into their own.. Batista more while Ronny is limited due to ankle injuries. Adam Morrison and Derek Raivio are also showin underclassman greatness :)

District303aPastPlayer
01-19-2005, 11:49 AM
it was a queaker. last saturday 69-64

Go Lady Islanders!!

Corpus' own Monica Pena is a sophomore guard and a stellar player... she holds a record for 3pt FGs made in a career....

pirate44
01-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Go Lady Islanders!!

Corpus' own Monica Pena is a sophomore guard and a stellar player... she holds a record for 3pt FGs made in a career....
which high school is she from?

District303aPastPlayer
01-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Calallen...

it was a big deal a while back when she broke the record...

LH Panther Mom
01-19-2005, 12:34 PM
MarlinBullDawg05: When u do the Morning Mess tell HSF and LHPantermom i said good morning and have a great day!!!

Morning right back at ya. Yippee! The week is half-way over.