PDA

View Full Version : AP / Sinton game score??

pirate44
01-19-2005, 08:57 AM
anyone know how the AP / Sinton game went last night?

Phil C
01-19-2005, 09:51 AM
I couldn't find the score Pirate but one of the ladies whose grandson plays for the Pirates said that her daughter in law told her that the Pirates lost to the Panthers.
The paper said the Lady Pirates also lost 67 to 40. The Lady Pirates have had it rough this season. I think our girls could have played much better against AP but they have lost two starters to injuries and in a smaller school that hurts. Plus one of their other starters a senior is out this week due to national cheerleading finals at the Hula Bowl in Hawaii. That makes three regulars gone with two of them being star players. It would have been like the AP girls not having Price or Henderson and another regular starter.

pirate44
01-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I couldn't find the score Pirate but one of the ladies whose grandson plays for the Pirates said that her daughter in law told her that the Pirates lost to the Panthers.
The paper said the Lady Pirates also lost 67 to 40. The Lady Pirates have had it rough this season. I think our girls could have played much better against AP but they have lost two starters to injuries and in a smaller school that hurts. Plus one of their other starters a senior is out this week due to national cheerleading finals at the Hula Bowl in Hawaii. That makes three regulars gone with two of them being star players. It would have been like the AP girls not having Price or Henderson and another regular starter.
tough to win without the entire team. as for the guys, it was really an uphill battle to beat such a quality team like AP. hopefully they can bounce back and finish district strong

AP Panther Fan
01-19-2005, 10:29 AM
I checked our school website, but it hasn't been updated yet. I will post it to this thread when it gets updated.

Our girls have struggled this year also. Looks like District will probably go to either Ingleside, Goliad or Mathis unless we catch some very lucky breaks.

Buccaneer
01-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Boy's score was around 73 - 58. The Pirates got off to very slow start! They were down early 13-1! Closed the gap to 5 by halftime! Got within 3 in the 3rd quarter and then AP exploded! AP has a very good team! Sinton is 0-2 in district and plays Mathis at home Friday!

pirate44
01-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Boy's score was around 73 - 58. The Pirates got off to very slow start! They were down early 13-1! Closed the gap to 5 by halftime! Got within 3 in the 3rd quarter and then AP exploded! AP has a very good team! Sinton is 0-2 in district and plays Mathis at home Friday!
thanks for the update, Buccaneer.