PDA

View Full Version : decatur transfer???

CRHSeagle
01-18-2005, 10:29 PM
I first heard about this last week and heard about it more at the lake worth/castleberry basketball game. I dont want to name any names but is there a new tranfer to decatur that came from lake worth? If so, Im like 90% sure I know who it is.

CHS_DT#75
01-18-2005, 11:29 PM
i think its the quaterback... jamal ibrahim (excuse the spelling)
good luck next year

BullFrog Dad
01-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by CHS_DT#75
i think its the quaterback... jamal ibrahim (excuse the spelling)
good luck next year Correct on the info and the spelling.

Phantom Stang
01-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Will he be eligible to play this upcoming season?

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-19-2005, 01:52 PM
this gave me sickening feeling in my stomach. so im hoping the rumor stays as just that, a rumor. but if it happens, it wont be the end of the world. Good luck too jamal if its true.

BullFrog Dad
01-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
this gave me sickening feeling in my stomach. so im hoping the rumor stays as just that, a rumor. but if it happens, it wont be the end of the world. Good luck too jamal if its true. John, Not a rumor. He started school at Decatur on 1-10-05. Coach Whitmire confirmed it last Friday at the BB games. He is eligible to play for the Eagles in the '05 season. LW has a QB that blew out an ACL this past season on JV. He has a cannon of an arm(great pitcher). He'll be a Junior and hopefully healthy this next season.

superslyguy06
01-19-2005, 03:38 PM
is he fast?

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-19-2005, 03:41 PM
i hope the jv qb you were referring to gets better. will jamal start at qb for decatur or will he have to play split time until a true starter is picked? i wish him the best of luck next year, and at college.

CRHSeagle
01-19-2005, 03:58 PM
I heard it was him but I didnt want to help spread the rumor so I let the decatur/lake worth guys clear it up for me. Even if he's not taking the snaps, he should be one heck of a reciever with his size and speed.

BullFrog Dad
01-19-2005, 04:05 PM
i hope the jv qb you were referring to gets better. will jamal start at qb for decatur or will he have to play split time until a true starter is picked? i wish him the best of luck next year, and at college. According to Chief Woodman Decatur has a QB that played WR this year and is a son of one of the coaches. If he gets the nod at QB Jamal will find a starting spot somewhere on the team. He's just too good of an athlete not to.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
According to Chief Woodman Decatur has a QB that played WR this year and is a son of one of the coaches. If he gets the nod at QB Jamal will find a starting spot somewhere on the team. He's just too good of an athelete. thats good for him, decatur has alot of prestige right now. so because of this, i think he will be more able to get a once or twice over and a scholarship to go on to the next level. i remember someone posting earlier in the year that decatur had a second string qb that could have started before any other starting qb in the district. anyone know how much weight this story has? or maybe that one was on my other forum...whatever.

CRHSeagle
01-19-2005, 04:19 PM
i remember reading something like that from a decatur poster. dont know about being able to start at any school in our district since each team had good qb's but he is good. I also read somewhere that he is more of a natural qb than chandler dane.

By the way, Bullfrog Dad, was that you at IHOP after the basketball game?

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-19-2005, 04:23 PM
i miss that ihop!!!! maybe when im in town a meet and greet is in order and we can discuss next football season or track or something. oh and a tommy's burger!!!!!

Chief Woodman
01-20-2005, 08:55 AM
While I am no expert, it is my understanding that Jamal is at DHS. I personnaly do look for him to start at QB, but I fully expect that Coach Story will evaluate the talent and if he is the best QB he will be starting. If he is not the best QB talent (he is far behind the curve in play terms and offensive scheme) then I suspect that someone of that talent will be playing somewhere. I also do not look for him to start at RB...Godboldt will be back.

Roll'em up
01-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Decatur's QB will be Brandon Cobb. He was a soph. WR this last season. This kid has athletic ability that no one knows about yet. He is big, fast, strong, and can throw the ball. He will be one heck of a QB for the next two seasons.

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-20-2005, 10:44 AM
There are a lot of expectations on those boys now.

HighSchool Fan
01-20-2005, 12:09 PM
decatur has alot of prestige right now. so because of this, i think he will be more able to get a once or twice over and a scholarship to go on to the next level.

what have they won to earn alot of prestige? how does going to decatur give you a better scholarship offer? let's see, they have a couple of players that stats say are some of the best ever and for some reason i don't recall hearing about major colleges knocking down their door. decatur had a good team the last year or two, but lets not over do it now.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 12:19 PM
i say they have alot of prestige right now because they have been unstoppable the past couple of years. that is something that is always fresh on scouts minds. you may disgree w/ me, but thats my opinion and im sticking to it.

BullFrog Dad
01-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Decatur's whole athletic program (boys and girls) is doing well. Jamal has a sister in sports and this could be a good move for their family.

HighSchool Fan
01-22-2005, 11:50 AM
they have been unstoppable the past couple of years.

and they have how many championships to back that up.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-22-2005, 02:50 PM
unless im mistaken, they have won the district championship the last 3 years.

CRHSeagle
01-22-2005, 03:01 PM
if im not mistaken, Coach Story has turned that program around, before him they were not as successfull in the 90's as they are now. No they might haven't not won a state title since his arrival but they seem to be going deeper and deeper into the playoffs each year.

HighSchool Fan
01-22-2005, 04:21 PM
unless im mistaken, they have won the district championship the last 3 years.

i'm sure there's more than a handful of teams that has done that. don't get me wrong i never said ther weren't a good team. they just aren't as great as some people are trying to make them out to be.

CHS_DT#75
01-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i'm sure there's more than a handful of teams that has done that. don't get me wrong i never said ther weren't a good team. they just aren't as great as some people are trying to make them out to be.

it woudlnt hurt for some people to keep there opinions to themselves either!

HighSchool Fan
01-22-2005, 06:13 PM
then why don't ya :p

CHS_DT#75
01-22-2005, 06:17 PM
tocuhe'

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-22-2005, 09:31 PM
highschoolfan, you did ask what they had won a championship in lately. how many teams do you know of that went 10-0 w/ the predistrict schedule they had? not too many. plus as bullfrog_dad pointed out, both of their boys and girls athletic programs are flourishing w/ talent and wins right now.

HighSchool Fan
01-23-2005, 10:10 AM
again, where did i say they are a bad team? all i said was that they aren't as great as some of you are making them out to be. when they win a championship in something, then we can talk about the prestiage that they deserve.

bullfrom alumni, i wonder if abilene wylie would want to trade a state championship for a 10-0 regular season. what do you think?

CRHSeagle
04-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Well guess what? Mr. Ibrahim is back at Lake Worth. I head from a VERY reliable source that he was clocked at a 5 flat. Im guessin thats not good enough to play some offense for the Eagles. Well he's back at Lake Worth and has already been playing Varsity Baseball. Is that JV QB for Lake Worth named Taylor Abernathy???

LH Panther Mom
04-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
Well guess what? Mr. Ibrahim is back at Lake Worth. I head from a VERY reliable source that he was clocked at a 5 flat. Im guessin thats not good enough to play some offense for the Eagles. Well he's back at Lake Worth and has already been playing Varsity Baseball. Is that JV QB for Lake Worth named Taylor Abernathy???

5 flat 40? I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem very fast to me.....nothing to be bragging about, anyway.

CHS_DT#75
04-11-2005, 01:56 AM
he runs faster than 5 flat... dont listen to these lies...

big daddy russ
04-11-2005, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
again, where did i say they are a bad team? all i said was that they aren't as great as some of you are making them out to be. when they win a championship in something, then we can talk about the prestiage that they deserve.

bullfrom alumni, i wonder if abilene wylie would want to trade a state championship for a 10-0 regular season. what do you think?
Would you say that Sinton has prestige? What about Vernon? Pilot Point? CC Calallen? Alto? Cuero? Gregory-Portland?

When was the last time any of these teams won it all? Two decades ago? Never???

HighSchool Fan
04-11-2005, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Would you say that Sinton has prestige? What about Vernon? Pilot Point? CC Calallen? Alto? Cuero? Gregory-Portland?

When was the last time any of these teams won it all? Two decades ago? Never???

try and stay on the subject. in case you weren't aware, this is a thread about DECAUTUR. but to answer your question, i don't keep up with the teams down south enough to know. Pilot Point, yes they have prestiage, they have won a state championship and been in the playoffs for 25 out of 26 years. Vernon, a very good team, an above average program. should the word prestiage be used to describe them, no. i'll even go and say that Gainesville shouldn't be described with prestiage yet.

let me describe one more team. Texas A&M. Hmmm, prestiage?? no, not when ya lose to Baylor and then get a beating on national tv in a bowl game.

CRHSeagle
04-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by CHS_DT#75
he runs faster than 5 flat... dont listen to these lies...

Lies?? I doubt that coaches lie about this sorta thing.....

BullFrog Dad
04-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
Lies?? I doubt that coaches lie about this sorta thing..... I wanted to talk to my son before I posted. Yes Ibrahim is back at LW. He was listed 3rd on the depth chart @ QB for Decatur. Boy that backup QB up there must be a hoss! As far as a 5 flat 40 they need to have the watch calibrated. Now back on the home front Jamal might have made two bad moves, going to Decatur and coming back to LW. There's a kid who was the JV QB that got hurt this past season but is rehabbing on schedule. They'll probably give him the starting spot and Jamal the clipboard.

HighSchool Fan
04-12-2005, 07:14 AM
I wonder if Jamal went to Decatur because of all the prestiage everyone thought they should have.

CRHSeagle
04-12-2005, 10:55 PM
The 40 time I gave is pretty accurate..... Heard it from a coaches mouth....