PDA

View Full Version : Phil C (and other Sintonites), have you heard about the Relay for Life in Sinton?

pirate44
01-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Relay for Life in Sinton is in April. My family is forming a team. have you heard of it?

AP Panther Fan
01-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Okay, so I'm not from Sinton....but, we have one each year in Ingleside/Aransas Pass.

It is quite a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Each person on the team is supposed to get at least $200 in donations and then walk the track non-stop for a 24 hour period. Most of the teams camp onsite.

How many folks on your team?

pirate44
01-18-2005, 04:45 PM
i believe 10 people per team. i will need to raise money for me and my wife to participate. they all camp out at the track. my dad participated last year in a team his work formed. we are doing it for my neice who had cancer a couple years ago. it sounded like fun and im excited about doing it.:D

Phil C
01-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I found out about it today. One of my co workers has already joined a team and hit me up for a donation. Good cause so no objection from me.

AP Panther Fan
01-18-2005, 05:06 PM
They are fun and like I said, raise a considerable amount of money for the cause.

I also walked on a team for the Woman's Club here in AP. Luckily, we had about 16 members all scheduled to walk at different times. I was able to go, walk my time and then leave since I have kids at home myself. The ones that did spend the night though had a great time.:)

Once they get it started in Sinton, it will become an annual event over there also. Alot of the teams dress up and have a theme....:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
what happens to those who cant walk the track for 24 hours? are they sent to prison or what?:D when i was a kid i did a walk for multiple sclarosis, i think i was 10 or 11, it was fun, but i didnt raise enough money...:(

AP Panther Fan
01-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
what happens to those who cant walk the track for 24 hours? are they sent to prison or what?:D when i was a kid i did a walk for multiple sclarosis, i think i was 10 or 11, it was fun, but i didnt raise enough money...:(

maybe I should clarify....at least one member of your team is supposed on the track at all times. While one is walking, another might be eating, sleeping etc....until it is their turn.:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-18-2005, 05:24 PM
that makes alot more sense...but if there were just one person doing it alone, what would the consequenses and reprecutions be for not being able to walk the 24 hours?

pirate44
01-18-2005, 05:24 PM
ive heard about the "themes". we plan on having tents and games planned. the bad part is that i hate asking for donations. but the guys here at work better dish out. ive spent tons of money on their kids fundraisers for the past 10 years.

AP Panther Fan
01-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
that makes alot more sense...but if there were just one person doing it alone, what would the consequenses and reprecutions be for not being able to walk the 24 hours?

Well, that's why they want you to have a team of at least 10 people so you aren't setting yourself up for failure.

Hmmm, I don't know, failure to perform in Sinton could land you in the San Patricio County Jail. '44 you got any friends in the Sheriff's office...just in case?:D

P.S. I will donate to your cause.

pirate44
01-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Well, that's why they want you to have a team of at least 10 people so you aren't setting yourself up for failure.

Hmmm, I don't know, failure to perform in Sinton could land you in the San Patricio County Jail. '44 you got any friends in the Sheriff's office...just in case?:D

P.S. I will donate to your cause.

i think everyone in Sinton is friends with Sherif Moody;) but even so, ya got me thinkin. i better start gettin in shape.

p.s.

AP Panther Fan
01-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Your welcome, pm me an address to send it to.:)

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-18-2005, 05:45 PM
would they still accept the donations that were collected though? oh if someone will send me an addy i would like to donate aswell.

pirate44
01-18-2005, 05:46 PM
ill post all the info when i get it sometime this week

Vrabird
01-18-2005, 06:13 PM
My wife signed me up. Found out that my whole family is involved. Very good cause. Everybody in Sinton needs to get involved if possible.

Astrosdawg07
01-18-2005, 06:38 PM
They need to set this up in Jasper.

pirate44
01-18-2005, 10:11 PM
if i wasnt a part of a team already, i think it would be great to have a 3ADOWNLOW team there. especially at 3a size towns across the state. good advertising for the site while helping a good cause.

District303aPastPlayer
01-19-2005, 12:29 AM
i am down for that... a 3aDL team would be cool... contact me through a PM if ya wanna do that

pirate44
01-19-2005, 08:56 AM
if i wasnt participating, id be the first one to voluteer for the 3adlow team. to tell you the truth, im not all that sure how to get a team going. My brother and his wife along with my mother are organizing our team. i know they had a meeting discussing the rules about fund raising and such tuesday. if anyone shows up at the Sinton event, dont be shy and come by and say hello.

AP Panther Fan
01-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
if i wasnt a part of a team already, i think it would be great to have a 3ADOWNLOW team there. especially at 3a size towns across the state. good advertising for the site while helping a good cause.

LOL...the only problem would be...where would '66 and I go smoke? I guess we could be the poster children for the American Cancer Society. :eek:

pirate44
01-19-2005, 09:56 AM
LOL...the only problem would be...where would '66 and I go smoke? I guess we could be the poster children for the American Cancer Society. :eek:
im not sure how to reply to that one. am i a bad person for laughing?:D

AP Panther Fan
01-19-2005, 10:01 AM
ha ha.....can't you see the Godfather out there cheering us on around the track? Pirate4State grumbling? '66 and I gasping for air? District 303a checking out all the women? and '81 just rolling his eyes in his cool, calm and collected way?

:D :D :D

pirate44
01-19-2005, 10:04 AM
ha ha.....can't you see the Godfather out there cheering us on around the track? Pirate4State grumbling? '66 and I gasping for air? District 303a checking out all the women? and '81 just rolling his eyes in his cool, calm and collected way?

:D :D :D
that would be a sight.:D but the 3adlow team would win the award for best grub and most opinionated participants

AP Panther Fan
01-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
that would be a sight.:D but the 3adlow team would win the award for best grub and most opinionated participants

:D The eternal optimist....I like that!