PDA

View Full Version : Texas Basketball Today!

PhiI C
01-17-2005, 01:44 PM
The Lady Horns play Connecticut today at 4 P.M. in Connecticut and will be televised on ESPN2. Texas is ranked No. 12 and Connecticut No. 16. It won't be the same as the last time they met in the final four two years ago because Texas has lost two out their last three games and Connecticut has lost several games this year also and are good but not the same without Diana Taurasi who is now playing basketball in the desert. :) It should be a great game though and a good confidence builder for the winner which both teams need.
The Texas men's basketball team plays a toped ranked team tonight at 8 on ESPN as they take on Oklahoma State.

PhiI C
01-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Not too good a start as the Texas Lady Horns got whipped by Connecticut 73 to 57. If it had been close it could have been a moral victory since the game was in Connecticut but it wasn't. The Lady Horns just haven't played up to their potential this year and time is running out. They are capable of playing great and doing well in the playoffs but they need to get their act together soon. There was one bright spot though. Diana Taurasi was there but she was cheering from the stands. Soon she will be back at the desert. :)

Bullaholic
01-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Phil...what the Lady 'Horns need is a very experienced coach that is able to win the "big" one a few times.;)

JasperDog94
01-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Well, the guys pulled out a big upset. And here I was today talking about how they didn't seem to have their act together.:eek: :) :)

jason
01-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Well, the guys pulled out a big upset. And here I was today talking about how they didn't seem to have their act together.:eek: :) :) i wouldnt call it a big upset, UT is good, the a&m game was their one fluke of the year....they have a tough schedule ahead, and tonight was just the first step...

KTJ
01-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by jason
i wouldnt call it a big upset, UT is good, the a&m game was their one fluke of the year....they have a tough schedule ahead, and tonight was just the first step...

Agreed.

The Frank Erwin Center was a SELLOUT tonight and I was 5 rows behind the goal on the UT bench side.

The atmosphere and the game were awesome!

PhiI C
01-18-2005, 01:12 AM
A great win by the Horns. Hope they can keep it up. Alridge is injured and Tucker may not be academically eligible after tonight. We will see. It is rare that a great athlete is not academically eligible.

PhiI C
01-18-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Agreed.

The Frank Erwin Center was a SELLOUT tonight and I was 5 rows behind the goal on the UT bench side.

The atmosphere and the game were awesome!

I am sure it was great KTJ! Let's hope our Lady Horns' basketball will get their act together soon and start playing like they are capable.