01-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Bridge City will be tough.

PhiI C
01-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Beware of the Howling Bear!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Whitesboro Bearcats :D thats a nice pcik, and im gonna tell you why. because chewbacca is not a wookie. or is he, i dont know, i dont want watch star wars enough to really even care...hahaha

GUNHO
01-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by MARLINFAN
MARLIN,JASPER,CUERO,A.WYLIE,WOS,GILMER,LIBERTY HILL OR WILL A NEWCOMER ARISE

Interesting.WO-S has yet to win a playoff game in 3A and your ready to throw us back in the mix.:D.We should field a competitive team next year and if our defense improves I look for us to win that first playoff game.That's about as far as I will predict at this point in time.

mustang04
01-17-2005, 05:14 PM
marlinfan.....i really REALLY think that you need to throw Sweetwater into that mix up there.....they are going to be good

Leopards,class of 75
01-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Whitesboro Bearcats :D Maybe they will make history and make the playoffs for the first time ever !

jet sweep
01-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Silsbee will be tough again........only lose 4 or 5 on either side of the ball.....Coach McGallion has definatley got those kids playing football again.

gobblerfan02
01-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Cuero should make the playoffs again next season, but with a young team, don't know how far they'll be able to go this time? I guess no one will know til next season!

89JDAWG
01-18-2005, 10:03 AM
we seem to always run into cameron yoe. They always field a quality team along with Diboll.

AggiesAreWe
01-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Silsbee will return 5 offensive starters, 4 of which made all-district( 3 o-line, 1 rb ), 6 defensive starters, 4 that made all-district ( 2 lb, 2 db ) and an undefeated JV team that has not lost a game ever. They went undefeated as 8th graders and as freshmen in that tough 4A district with PNG, Nederland, Ozen, ect. They cruised through this 3A district they played in this year as a JV team, closest game being Jasper but won by 16. Next 2 years will be very good years for Tiger football.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-20-2005, 09:08 PM
its always good to have a jv who has won and knows the game, but jv ball and varsity ball arent really the same. there is alot more speed and tenacity in varsity ball. you must take this into account when a team is reloading w/ a great jv team

great jv team=mediocre varsity team

Astrosdawg07
01-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Bobcatfan4life
Bridge City will be tough.

Won't they be an almost all SENIOR team. I thought I saw that some wheres...

jet sweep
01-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
its always good to have a jv who has won and knows the game, but jv ball and varsity ball arent really the same. there is alot more speed and tenacity in varsity ball. you must take this into account when a team is reloading w/ a great jv team

great jv team=mediocre varsity team

don't think he was implying that jv ball and varsity ball are the same......where did you find the equation "great jv team = mediocre varsity team"? if that is the case, then what equals a GREAT varsity team?

Cat22
01-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Won't they be an almost all SENIOR team. I thought I saw that some wheres...

According to their website, Bridge City will be a senior laden team next year with the exception of the QB (Dishon). He should have an outstanding season next year. They will be tough to beat. It would not surprise me if they beat WO-S next year for the district championship, but it is still too early to say.

oh well
01-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Snyder has improved each year 2002 Dist Champs, 2003 went to the quarter finals, 2004 went to the Semi finals. 9 returning starters on Defense. 22 returning lettermen. Must rebuild an offensive line. Here they have a very good replacement at Tailback.

Sweetwater will be very good as well. return a lot of skill kids. Will have to replace several key players. That was the same thing they had ot do this year and they went farther this year then last. Defense in 2002 was the best in the area. They could be very ballanced next year.

Wylie return a great deal of talent. Have to replace the same people they had to the year before but seem to be able to do that every year.

I said the team that won this District could win the State Championship in 2004. I would say that again for 2005. In fact people will start to watch this district even closer next year.

ALLSPORTSGUY
01-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Bridge City will definetly be strong in skill positions but they will have to find an OL to support. The few seniors they had were the OL I also heard one of their LB's was moving because the dad (coach at BC) got another job.

mustang04
01-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by oh well
.I said the team that won this District could win the State Championship in 2004. I would say that again for 2005. In fact people will start to watch this district even closer next year.

i like the way u think!;)

its about time 4-3A gets in the spotlight, and thats what will happen next year!

TOPS1435
01-21-2005, 02:34 PM
While dreaming about next year, anyone who wishes to look at some images from 2004 can go to www.Activitypic.com and then open Iris Images. Open Activity, then open Gilmer High School, and use the password Buckeyes. You will see photos from the Tatum-Gilmer Region II championship at the quaterfinal round, the Gilmer-Snyder semifinal round, and the championship game with Jasper.

Jasper has been up about 10 days, but due to techinical difficulties 14 images during Jasper's exciting 3 & 4th quarters have only now been transfered.

Enjoy!

TOPS1435:)

wildkat0507
01-21-2005, 03:17 PM
i think that Kirbyville will still be great next year. and be tough. still coming back with a good offense.

nutcrackin
01-21-2005, 04:09 PM
1. Jasper- Gilbert Moye is the best athlete in the state.. he will only be a junior. Loaded with more speed than most 4A and some 5A programs.
2. Snyder - lot's of returning starters and Pinson has skillz to replace D. Walker. Solid on Defense as well, with good coaching.
3. Gilmer- losing 4 D-1 players hurts but with Jamel Kennedy (sophmore), junior to be, at quarterback and a true freshman this year and sophmore next year (Justin Johnson- 6'1 195) 4.4 speed.. they will become a more run oriented team from the spread..i.e. UT with Benson and Young..with a solid O-Line returning 2 freshman starters and a junior, they should be good again..

Jody
01-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by MARLINFAN
MARLIN,JASPER,CUERO,A.WYLIE,WOS,GILMER,LIBERTY HILL OR WILL A NEWCOMER ARISE

NOT WOS.......that I can guarantee. Those others are pretty good picks.

Black_Magic
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Snyder will be good next year. 9 returning starters ( heck thats practicaly the whole D!) and I believe 4 returning starters on O including Both very talented QBs along with a very good FB should make them a powerhouse again next year. replacing some O linemen will be the key.

Wylie will be good but not quite the team they were last year. Good QB but will lose the best O line they have had in a while. Crump will be missed as well as others. I believe poorman will be hard to replace. Wylie on the other hand has the highest numbers playing football than any other program in the state. they have a great deal to pull new starters from.

Sweetwater will be good again but I dont think they will be offensive threat they were last year with the loss of Thompson. True they have a couple of good backs comming back but the main threat to the mustang O was Thompson running the ball. Will have to replace a good O line like Snyder and Wylie. Dont know how well the JV did this year.

I believe these are the big three in Region 1 as well as District 4

Let us remember that All three of these teams went at least 4 rounds last year and at one point there were only 12 3A teams left in both DI and DII and these three District 4 teams made up 25% of those 12 teams. Wylie Won the DI State championship while Snyder's season ended in in the Semis vs DII State champion Gilmer. BTW.... Snyder Did beat Wylie this year in Abilene 27-23 and was the only 3A team in the state to do that with exception to Decater early in the season.

Old Cardinal
01-22-2005, 07:33 PM
I would think that the probable Division II teams of strength will be Kirbyville, Bridge City, Marlin, Snyder, Liberty Hill and Barbers Hill....In Division I look for Silsbee, Palestine, A. Wylie, West Orange-Stark, Sinton, Huffman-Hargrave to be the dominate ones.

Hupernikomen
01-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I would think that the probable Division II teams of strength will be Kirbyville, Bridge City, Marlin, Snyder, Liberty Hill and Barbers Hill....In Division I look for Silsbee, Palestine, A. Wylie, West Orange-Stark, Sinton, Huffman-Hargrave to be the dominate ones.

Never thought I would see the day when OC didn't give my boys from Jasper some love..I guess this means you think BC is going to beat us this year when we play y'all.

What's the chance that BC seniors don't play the upcoming season as has been what you reported to happen the last couple of seasons?

Old Cardinal
01-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Hup, I will take a calculated guess that they can bet Jasper come playoff time, maybe even the preseason matchup. You graduated 23 Seniors we graduated about a half dozen. These kids both Juniors and Seniors beat Jasper as 9th graders so they know they can possibly do it again. I think the Seniors will stick; I hear that the Coach that was in question about the Seniors each year is leaving. It ought to be interesting, at least it will be a statewide highly watched ballgame this year-- for a change.
Jasper will always be good: the top of the enrollment status insures that probability. Every once in a while the Kirbyville's and Bridge City's have a shot against the extra high enrollments and next season is that chance for each of these teams.

X21AAAPlayer
01-22-2005, 10:46 PM
I don't belive it's all the coache's fault. I for one played under him, sure he was tough and practice seemed like a full time job, but we had winning records every year I played varsity. Sometimes you need a coach like that to make your boys in to men.

Hupernikomen
01-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Hup, I will take a calculated guess that they can bet Jasper come playoff time, maybe even the preseason matchup. You graduated 23 Seniors we graduated about a half dozen. These kids both Juniors and Seniors beat Jasper as 9th graders so they know they can possibly do it again. I think the Seniors will stick; I hear that the Coach that was in question about the Seniors each year is leaving. It ought to be interesting, at least it will be a statewide highly watched ballgame this year-- for a change.
Jasper will always be good: the top of the enrollment status insures that probability. Every once in a while the Kirbyville's and Bridge City's have a shot against the extra high enrollments and next season is that chance for each of these teams.

Bridge City dropped down to 3A not that many years ago and still runs over 750 students (within 100 of Jasper). So I don't think that the higher enrollment is that much of an advantage for Jasper versus BC, but I would agree against Kirbyville. As far as graduating 23 seniors I do believe we lost more than that 3 years ago and rebounded quite nicely the next year. I feel really good about what we have coming back, but know we lost a lot of talent and heart from last year's squad.

theyoefnshow
01-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Cameron takes a big hit in losing Sr. QB Ryan Mullins but 3 or 4 of O line returns and it will average around 280-300 per guy. Running back Olivarri & all state receiver Evans also return. The QB (from what I heard last) will be a toss up between a current sophomore or Brian Scott who was a soph. receiver this year. He'll either move back to QB or stay at receiver and let the other guy do the throwing. Either way, the offense is loaded. Defensively I'm not sure about.....there are plenty of spots that need to be filled but I'm sure between now and August, things will come together just fine.

Pball
01-23-2005, 11:58 AM

At the beginning of last year Palestine wasn't even picked to make the playoffs by some of the posters on this board. Although I haven’t always agreed with you, I do feel that you have consistently based your predictions on facts instead of popularity.

As for our team we are losing a lot of seniors but we also have a lot of talent returning. Our JV lost only one non-district game last year and we have already received a couple of transfer students that should also help. We should be right in the middle of it again.

Old Cardinal
01-23-2005, 02:12 PM
To Pball: It was not popular to pick either Silsbee or Palestine at the beginning of last year. Yet, they both proved their worth! Palestine has a lot going for them this season, mainly new found enthusiam--just like Silsbee. When Silsbee popped it to Jasper, I think that folks finally took notice of an emerging young program. Folks in 3A from established long-term programs just don't regard new drop downs as viable opponents until proof is established.

dogdad
01-23-2005, 05:33 PM
I expect Abilene Wylie to be in the mix along with Kennedale
From the metroplex area, look for Gainesville to be tough and my Royse City team should be stout again this year

Tiger90
01-23-2005, 05:57 PM
At any rate I guess us Silsbee and Palestine fans know who we will be playing in the first round next year.;)

Pball
01-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
At any rate I guess us Silsbee and Palestine fans know who we will be playing in the first round next year.;)

Hope you are right....:thumbsup:

Tiger90
01-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Pball
Hope you are right....:thumbsup:

It should be, I just hope for a different outcome.:D