PDA

View Full Version : "Life" according to ... Somebody....not real sure who.

Ranger Mom
01-16-2005, 10:05 AM
.Since I am not able to 100% verify who the author of this email that I received and decided to post on the downlow is, I have taken ANY names off. I would hate for someone famous to think I was trying to slander them and put words in their mouth!!

I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big campfires.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of
anything except numbers.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70%of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the law of statistics.

I know what sex is, and there are not varying degrees of it. If I received sex from one of my subordinates in my office, it wouldn't be a private matter or my personal business. It would be "FIRED" immediately!

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen you should have to speak English!. My father and grandfather should not have died in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry a$$ if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the order" freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation recount votes when needed. I know what the definition of lying is.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.
We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television, and that doesn't stop you from watching them. I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid and smack his/her little butt when necessary and say "NO".

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And please stay home until that new lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me french fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it. I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa, so how can they be "African Americans"?

Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and no where else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough! GET OVER IT!!! WAKE UP WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A COUNTRY TO WAKE UP TO

sealy#23
01-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Amen....

TXMike
01-16-2005, 10:19 AM
DELETED

Ranger Mom
01-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TXMike
I don't want to address the specific comments but as for the sourse of the material....the same thing has been attributed to Andy Rooney, Ted Nugent, George Carlin and who knows who else but the true author is yet to be found, far as I know.

Oh well....then I agree with ALL of them!!:D

CheerMom
01-16-2005, 11:01 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

smustangs
01-16-2005, 12:48 PM
took the words right out of my mouth all of that is so true

Astrosdawg07
01-16-2005, 01:52 PM
I don't want to address the specific comments but as for the sourse of the material....the same thing has been attributed to Andy Rooney, Ted Nugent, George Carlin and who knows who else but the true author is yet to be found, far as I know.

Who cares who it's by, they are all right for that matter.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-16-2005, 04:10 PM
that was well written. someone should get the nobel prize for standing up for what is right.

TXMike
01-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Who cares who it's by, they are all right for that matter.

DELETED

Leopards,class of 75
01-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Well said, very good and I agree with all of it to R.M. Thanks for posting this!

HighSchool Fan
01-16-2005, 06:12 PM
If it is not important who it is by then folks should just post it as their own thoughts without trying to enhance its "credibility" by attributing it to some one famous.

I'm sure RM wasn't trying to enhance anything, she just posted what she read. And on something like this, it doesn't matter who said it. It just good that someone said it.

Astrosdawg07
01-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I'm sure RM wasn't trying to enhance anything, she just posted what she read. And on something like this, it doesn't matter who said it. It just good that someone said it.

You said exactly what I wanted to say. THanks....:clap:

44INAROW
01-16-2005, 06:28 PM
If it is not important who it is by then folks should just post it as their own thoughts without trying to enhance its "credibility" by attributing it to some one famous.

I guess the next time someone wants to post something that someone else said they should put it like this -

** note** someone said this but I don't want to infringe on anyone's rights so I'll just leave all names off.

lol Jeez.......

TXMike
01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
DELETED

Ranger Mom
01-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Well as long as Foxworthy doesn't read the 3adownlow...hopefully I will be in the clear as far as a lawsuit goes!!

Geez.....didn't realize I needed a disclaimer here!!:rolleyes:

Astrosdawg07
01-17-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well as long as Foxworthy doesn't read the 3adownlow...hopefully I will be in the clear as far as a lawsuit goes!!

Geez.....didn't realize I needed a disclaimer here!!:rolleyes:

Get 'em R.M. :D

JasperDog94
01-17-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't know where Foxworthy stands on these issues but I doubt he would want some of them attributed to him.

I think you forgot to read this part.

I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it.

:D

OLD STING
01-17-2005, 11:12 AM
TXMIKE GET A LIFE !!! RANGER MOM JUST WANTED TO BRIGHTEN OUR DAY WITH ALITTLE GOOD INSIGHT NO MATTER WHO SAID IT. I FOR ONE HOPE FOXWORTHY DOES CLAIM IT .

TXMike
01-17-2005, 01:09 PM
DELETED

HighSchool Fan
01-17-2005, 01:39 PM
where is your proof that he didn't say that?

TXMike
01-17-2005, 02:02 PM
where is your proof that he didn't say that?

Try this for starters..
The Rant (http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/badrooney.html)

HighSchool Fan
01-17-2005, 02:16 PM
so know your saying that Andy Rooney is the only person in the country that said that. Have you seen all of Foxworthys shows? Is it not possible that he could of said the samething, or did Rooney copyright it?

Also read the whole thing, it says that Andy never said it.

Ranger Mom
01-17-2005, 02:30 PM
In my best Steve Martin voice...."well excuuuuuuuuuse me"!

(I KNOW he said that, I saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears)!!

So.....because I sure don't want to offend anyone on this here board,:rolleyes: I am gonna go back and edit the original post so nobody gets their feelings hurt!

TXMike
01-17-2005, 02:33 PM
so know your saying that Andy Rooney is the only person in the country that said that. Have you seen all of Foxworthys shows? Is it not possible that he could of said the samething, or did Rooney copyright it?

Also read the whole thing, it says that Andy never said it.

uhhhhh...I DID read the whole thing and I NEVER said Rooney said it. I used that to show that Foxworthy did not say it. Come on ...stay up with us.

HighSchool Fan
01-17-2005, 02:33 PM
aww RM, now i don't have anything to argue about :D (do you have proof that was Steve Martin's voice:D )

TXMike
01-17-2005, 02:34 PM
In my best Steve Martin voice...."well excuuuuuuuuuse me"!

(I KNOW he said that, I saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears)!!

So.....because I sure don't want to offend anyone on this here board,:rolleyes: I am gonna go back and edit the original post so nobody gets their feelings hurt!

And to quote another great SNL voice ("Emily Litella")......... "Never mind."

JasperDog94
01-17-2005, 02:41 PM
(sigh)...

Chief Woodman
01-17-2005, 02:41 PM
And to quote another great SNL voice ("Emily Litella")......... "Never mind."

I thought that was Rosann Roseanna Danna..........

JasperDog94
01-17-2005, 02:45 PM
And to quote Dan Ackroyd, "Jane...."...on second thought...

Ranger Mom
01-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
I thought that was Rosann Roseanna Danna..........

That would be Gilda Radner then!!

We better find out for sure....I would hate for some one to be blamed/given credit for/etc. something they didn't say!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

JasperDog94
01-17-2005, 02:52 PM
That would be Gilda Radner then!!

We better find out for sure....I would hate for some one to be blamed/given credit for/etc. something they didn't say!!:eek: :eek: :eek: LOL!:clap: :clap: :clap:

TXMike
01-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Either way ("Emily" ,{who it was} or "Roseanne")...it was still Gilda Radner.

Ranger Mom
01-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Either way ("Emily" ,{who it was} or "Roseanne")...it was still Gilda Radner.

Whew!! Thank goodness that is cleared up!

I felt a riot coming on!!:D

BullFrog Dad
01-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Either way ("Emily" ,{who it was} or "Roseanne")...it was still Gilda Radner. I always thought Andy Rooney was the first to say "Never mind".

Bullaholic
01-17-2005, 03:15 PM
RM. for what it's worth....political correctness is like a unicorn---everybody thinks they exist, but everybody has a different description of one, and your description is never the right one according to theirs.

NHSRattler60
01-17-2005, 04:19 PM
thats right and wise men dont play leap frog with Unicorns. I'll choose to be politically incorrect forever, state my views, and let the chips fall where they may, rather than close minded and argumentative with everyone. You don't make too many friends by arguing. For example, I stated my opinions of Referee's that me and some of my classmates share, when someone very impolitely rammed in with some blabbity about I didn't have a clue.

Last time I checked a clue wasn't required to form an opinion, and, apparently, the same can be said for an argument as this post is a good example.

It doesn't matter who it was by. There's no way of telling how many posts on da' low aren't exactly original ideas. Who cares? Its not like she straight out claimed the ideas for herself. Drop it like its hot, and post on. Life's hard, get a helmet and play some football.

Vive la' Resistance.

honeymd
01-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Can you say right wing suck ups?

HighSchool Fan
01-17-2005, 06:41 PM
i would but i don't want to call you a name :D :D

NHSRattler60
01-17-2005, 10:27 PM
I can, but I can say alot of other stuff with the word "Suck" as well. Im tempted, but I'm gonna be nice and let you not have a clue about what your saying. :D