PDA

View Full Version : region 4 BB scores?

raider red 2000
01-15-2005, 06:45 PM
any one have rgion 4 bb scores from last night? 1st district game for some.

i heard wharton beat needville by 2. (boys)
wharton girls won by 5 i think in OT. after gym had to be cleared because needville fan ran onto court. and smacked the ref.

Old Green
01-15-2005, 06:55 PM
District 26 - 3A Boys

Gonzales 71 - Cuero 59
Yoakum 74 - Hallettsville 44
Luling 62 - Edna 57

Girls

Gonzales 70 - Cuero 66
Hallettsville 54 - Yoakum 24
Luling 44 - Edna 34

LH Panther Mom
01-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
any one have rgion 4 bb scores from last night? 1st district game for some.

i heard wharton beat needville by 2. (boys)
wharton girls won by 5 i think in OT. after gym had to be cleared because needville fan ran onto court. and smacked the ref.

:eek: :eek: Good gosh!

Boys:
Wimberley - 63, Liberty Hill - 54 :(

Girls:
Wimberley - 50, Liberty Hill - 43 :(
Llano - 73, Brady - 53

44INAROW
01-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey Old Green.. Long time no see - were you at the games last night?

Old Green
01-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Hey Old Green.. Long time no see - were you at the games last night? No. I didn't get to make it. Sounds like it was a good game.

PhiI C
01-15-2005, 07:51 PM
In Girls

Ingleside 46 Aransas Pass 40
Goliad 63 Sinton 46
San Diego 43 Orange Grove 30
West Oso 56 Mathis 33 Non-District Game

Boys

Aransas Pass 95 Ingleside 61
West Oso 40 Mathis 38 Non-District Game

gobbler grad
01-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
No. I didn't get to make it. Sounds like it was a good game.

it was real exciting...even though we lost...

yeah, 44 had a very vocal fan from Gonzales sitting right behind her...he yelled at the refs, Cuero players, Gonzales players, etc...
i felt sorry for you, 44...he would never shut up...all we did was laugh at him...guess thats why we 3 officials doing the game...

44INAROW
01-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Weren't you proud of me Gobbler Grad? I BEHAVED myself :).. that guy was non-stop for sure and holding an 8 month baby the ENTIRE TIME. I kept waking up all night hearing .. "he's in the paint ref, TERRIBLE TERRIBLE CALL" lol....... I almost turned around that one time and said - "well, you're guys did have 5 or 6 weeks more practice than we did" but figured I'd just leave well enough alone

Originally posted by gobbler grad
it was real exciting...even though we lost...

yeah, 44 had a very vocal fan from Gonzales sitting right behind her...he yelled at the refs, Cuero players, Gonzales players, etc...
i felt sorry for you, 44...he would never shut up...all we did was laugh at him...guess thats why we 3 officials doing the game...

gobbler grad
01-15-2005, 10:19 PM
they are a good team , but they can be beat...they have speed and great ball handlers, but no heighth at all...they play well as a team and yes they have been playing 5 or 6 weeks longer than us...

yes I was proud of you...he was very annoying...

LH Panther Mom
01-16-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Weren't you proud of me Gobbler Grad? I BEHAVED myself :).. that guy was non-stop for sure and holding an 8 month baby the ENTIRE TIME. I kept waking up all night hearing .. "he's in the paint ref, TERRIBLE TERRIBLE CALL" lol....... I almost turned around that one time and said - "well, you're guys did have 5 or 6 weeks more practice than we did" but figured I'd just leave well enough alone

I'm proud of you! :D (I'm sure I would've said something. lol )

VWG
01-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Basketball has to be the hardest game to officiate. Non-stop action and the crowd is right up on you.

Phil C
01-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Basketball has to be the hardest game to officiate. Non-stop action and the crowd is right up on you.

You are right VWG and if you check my posts I don't complain too much since we have frinds like KTJ that work at this thankless job. But as a fan it gets frustrating when calls don't go both ways and you see it being done on both sides. Of course fans have an advantage in viewing. Still some are obviously wrong. Most usually do a good job but still sometimes you get ones that don't do as good a job.

VWG
01-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
You are right VWG and if you check my posts I don't complain too much since we have frinds like KTJ that work at this thankless job. But as a fan it gets frustrating when calls don't go both ways and you see it being done on both sides. Of course fans have an advantage in viewing. Still some are obviously wrong. Most usually do a good job but still sometimes you get ones that don't do as good a job.

I agree. Whenever I go to games I keep my mouth shut. Any sport, whether it be football, basketball, baseball, etc... is hard to officiate and coach.
The guys and galls up in the stands yelling at either the coach or the officials usually have never been in their position.

gobbler grad
01-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

I would hate to be an official... your never right, somebody is always yelling at you, and you can't please anyone...i would throw half the people in the stands out of the game...there is always an angry mom or dad in the stands...sometimes its hilarious to watch adults act that way...