PDA

View Full Version : Goliad is for Real as they beat Sinton 73 to 62!

PhiI C
01-14-2005, 11:40 PM
Our Sinton boys' freshmen and JVs defearted Goliad but our varisity lost 73 to 62. Our JV girls also were beaten by Goliad as was our Varsity. Even though our varsity girls lost by twenty points we were able to stay close to them even with two starters out with injuries but when we lost two of our other starters they pulled away with the game. Goliad does have a sophmore girl named Jess Moris and she is very good and will be heard from in the future. Ingleside is leading the girls' district race now I think and I believe Ingleside is a better team than Goliad and will win the district.
The Goliad boys have the potential to give Aransas Pass trouble. They are a well coached team and have good players. But if AP plays as they are capable they can beat Goliad in my opinion. I recomment that AP get officials that will be strict on traveling call because Goliad has a no. 23 that goes to the basket like Kobe Bryant does where traveling should be called but isn't. APFAn if he gets away with it right away then AP will be in for a rough game when you play Goliad. The officials let him do it against us and that was the biggest difference. Otherwise AP will win easily in my opinion if the officials watch the traveling.

AP Panther Fan
01-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks Godfather....sounds like it was a close game. I went to 3 of the 6 games we played against Ingleside tonight. Our JV and Varsity girls lost close games, but our Varsity boys won 95-61. This was with our 6'6 center sitting out half of the game. He got 3 fouls in the 1st quarter...sat out...started the third and then Coach Hayes pulled a Coach Mitchell (not a bad thing) and played the rest of the line up, pulling out several starters in the 4th.

It was quite a scene with the AP/Ingleside Rivalry and all. The kids on the Ingleside side held up signs reminding us of our football score, while all the kids from AP simply pointed at the scoreboard.:D

All in all, good games, good officiating...no complaints here. :clap: :clap:

PhiI C
01-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks Godfather....sounds like it was a close game. I went to 3 of the 6 games we played against Ingleside tonight. Our JV and Varsity girls lost close games, but our Varsity boys won 95-61. This was with our 6'6 center sitting out half of the game. He got 3 fouls in the 1st quarter...sat out...started the third and then Coach Hayes pulled a Coach Mitchell (not a bad thing) and played the rest of the line up, pulling out several starters in the 4th.

It was quite a scene with the AP/Ingleside Rivalry and all. The kids on the Ingleside side held up signs reminding us of our football score, while all the kids from AP simply pointed at the scoreboard.:D

All in all, good games, good officiating...no complaints here. :clap: :clap:

\I have confidence that our teams will bounce back. The biggest complaint I have now is that they doubled the prices again back to $4 per adult and $2 per student which didn't hit too well after I had just paid my school property taxes. They may have need it though to pay for the officials because there were three that were officiating the game last night. It would have been all right if the officiating was good but it was still just as bad as when they had just two except more expensive. :)

gobbler grad
01-15-2005, 04:03 PM
they have 2 great outside shooters and when there hot , there hot...they beat Cuero like 70-60 last week...Cuero hung with them till the final minutes and then made a few mistakes...:( very close game though

pirate44
01-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
\I have confidence that our teams will bounce back. The biggest complaint I have now is that they doubled the prices again back to $4 per adult and $2 per student which didn't hit too well after I had just paid my school property taxes. They may have need it though to pay for the officials because there were three that were officiating the game last night. It would have been all right if the officiating was good but it was still just as bad as when they had just two except more expensive. :)
too bad they cant have closed circuit feed to the cafeteria and only charge a buck.

gobbler grad
01-15-2005, 10:14 PM
I would say 4 dollars is a little much, but I thought $3.00 was high too...guy at the door said all teams were increaing the prices...oh well, so far, they have been worth it...

AP Panther Fan
01-16-2005, 12:04 AM
I hear you about the price...but like I said, in Ingleside, I could have gone to 6 games... between 2 gyms, which is like...impossible, but the price was the same.

I don't know, I hate paying it, but if the majority goes back to the athletics program...then I guess I can live with it.:D

AP Panther Fan
01-16-2005, 12:05 AM
p.s. trust me Godfather...I hate taxes as much as you! This time of the year is ...... (trying to be nice)......the pits!:p