PDA

View Full Version : Thankful we have the shot clock....

HornetMom
01-14-2005, 01:29 PM
I would hope that Vermont would reconsider the shot clock issue.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3323258

44INAROW
01-14-2005, 02:21 PM
:) I sure hope the games I go to tonight are more exciting that that :eek:

NSUTrumpet08
01-14-2005, 02:23 PM
You have got to be kidding...they don't have a shot clock???? That's crazy...i know that's why the NBA implemented it. It just had to be Vermont...

pirate44
01-14-2005, 02:26 PM
LOL. i heard this story on Paul Harvey this afternoon. i wonder how many Boos came from the crowd. i think i would have gone home after about 5 or 10 minutes.

Phil C
01-14-2005, 05:32 PM
We also don't have a shot in Texas high school basketball but we need to have one. I don't like it when it becomes Basketstall instead of basketball even when it benefits my team. You can't blame the coaches or the teams for taking advantage of the rules to their benefit. In high school if it is too expensive to have shot clocks the refs should be given and demanded to admonish a team after about a minute if a team is stalling to stop the clock and give them a 30 second time limit to get off a shot that must at least hit the rim and if they fail then the other team gets the ball. We have needed this for a long time but they still haven't implemented it yet. :(

gobbler grad
01-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:) I sure hope the games I go to tonight are more exciting that that :eek:

same here...

once saw a junior high girls game and score was like 12- 10... it was pretty close and boring game...didn't miss many shots, just dribbled and turned ball over back and forth...:o