PDA

View Full Version : District 24-3a, any thoughts?

LG_DB
07-15-2002, 05:29 PM
District 24 has alot of potential with state finalist La Grange, regional qualifiers giddings, and the Elgin wildcats( i dont know how far they made it), any thoughts on who will go on and who will stay and the players to look out for on each team

Pudlugger
07-15-2002, 07:33 PM
Well, Elgin looks like the team to beat. La Grange plays them early in the schedule. It will be interesting to see how that game turns out. The Elgin Qb is fast and can throw acccording to all reports. Anderle of La Grange can move the ball effectively as well. Elgin's defense was a problem last year so La Grange may score some big points. Eligibility issues will also be a factor as they meet right after 6 week grades are out. Both teams will need to be ready and STUDY HARD!!

True94
07-15-2002, 09:04 PM
yeah of course la grange and elgin have alot of hype goin into the season. And rightfully for la grange. Elgin is kind of a mystery to me. They do return a load of players but also only went 4-6 last year with no playoffs. I do think they will definatley go to the playoffs but i think la grange will take the district. My surprise team is Manor. They return 8 on defense and should be solid there. They went 5-5 last year and look to get in the third spot. But i have see the elgin quarterback play, he can run and is very fast but as for the throwing i dont know if thats one of his strong points. He was a very good rb and since he is the best athlete he will play qb. But who knows

lex11
07-16-2002, 12:52 PM
Just to put things in order.Elgin went 6-4 not 4-6.People underestimate about Elgin defense.They will be a lot stronger ,faster,and quicker then last year team.And behind Isom there are some big backs who can run just as fast.Kirby Robertson,Greg Scott plus a number of other backs.I would say Elgin,LG,Gidding,Manor i think Manor and Gidding will have to battle for the third spot.Well i could be wrong like DCTF with the lost and won.No i don't think so.But True 94 have a good season.

True94
07-16-2002, 02:24 PM
My fault i knew elgin went 6-4, i dont know why i said 4-6. But they last part of your message i didnt understand what you were trying to say. Anyways yeah that Kirby guy can run with the best he is really good. I remember when lovings got hurt he came in and was very good in one game. But yeah i know elgin will be fast. How is there defense looking? Like what areas are their strenghts? Anyways goodluck to yall

tigerSville_04
07-16-2002, 02:50 PM
BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do some of u PPL think Giddings is going to have a Team they Lost mostly everyone............plz i just want to know why thats all......Manor i hope yall find a QB cuz i hear he is going to be a Sophmore and well my lil BROTHER who is going to play on varsity WITH me and my older bro said he SUCKED...........is that true...........also hey LG dude my lil brother didnt play against ur boyzz(JV) but when i saw the game ur Jv didnt look to nice.........but i dont know...where they alot of fish???????

lex11
07-16-2002, 03:23 PM
True 94 i was talking about Dave Campbell mag.They have it wrong.So people think that was there record.As for there defense i heard they have twin towers at ends.All of there lb go bigger and faster,plus they are going to have faster corner.But that just what i heard.

BellvilleDude
07-16-2002, 09:40 PM
dude from smithville first learn proper english, and the la grange jv was very tough team

[This message has been edited by BellvilleDude (edited July 16, 2002).]

Pudlugger
07-17-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by tigerSville_04:
BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do some of u PPL think Giddings is going to have a Team they Lost mostly everyone............plz i just want to know why thats all......Manor i hope yall find a QB cuz i hear he is going to be a Sophmore and well my lil BROTHER who is going to play on varsity WITH me and my older bro said he SUCKED...........is that true...........also hey LG dude my lil brother didnt play against ur boyzz(JV) but when i saw the game ur Jv didnt look to nice.........but i dont know...where they alot of fish???????

Elgin may be the favorite to win district but they will need to get by La Grange to do it and that will not be easy. La Grange had an excellent JV team last year going 7-1 with wins over Giddings (split 1-1), Sealy, Gonzales and Belleville (twice). They lost the season openner to Giddings on turnovers, then beat them in the middle of the season when they played them again (as Smithville didn't field a JV team). The varsity was so deep in talent that many good players played down on JV for game experience last year. There were no freshmen on last years team although the year before the JV was half freshman, as they combined the two teams in 2000. As a result, the juniors coming up have had two years of JV competition, plus several had 6 extra weeks of practice during the playoffs. This is an intangible asset IMHO.

grell7
07-17-2002, 02:10 PM
i don't think it was the lagrange jv was so good. i'm not going to lie, i was on the bellville jv and we were not the best team ever. we lost our starting qb to a knee injury the 3rd game into the season, that hurt us a lot.

Pudlugger
07-17-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by grell7:
i don't think it was the lagrange jv was so good. i'm not going to lie, i was on the bellville jv and we were not the best team ever. we lost our starting qb to a knee injury the 3rd game into the season, that hurt us a lot.

The JV team in 2000 beat Bay City. Half the players then were freshman as the team was combined freshman -sophomores. Many of those guys are on the varsity now. The team last year won with only 17 players at some games. They can play football, I tell you what.

True94
07-17-2002, 05:15 PM
Sooooooo what about hutto? Does anybody know what they have and how they will look?

niceguy86
07-26-2002, 02:14 AM
I saw that Hutto was pre-ranked like 136 this past season and finished #55 in 2A which tells me that they got a great coach or they were underrated last season. I believe it said that they were predicted to be #7 in district out of 8 and finished at #3
Just what I read off pigskin

bigcat8
07-27-2002, 02:35 PM
they also had 3 DI players that are not there anymore..
Originally posted by niceguy86:
I saw that Hutto was pre-ranked like 136 this past season and finished #55 in 2A which tells me that they got a great coach or they were underrated last season. I believe it said that they were predicted to be #7 in district out of 8 and finished at #3
Just what I read off pigskin

bigcat8
07-27-2002, 02:42 PM
In recalling the Elgin - Manor game of 2001. Manor had less than 125 yards of total offense against the defense that returns 9 starters. Elgin fumbled a punt on their own 15 and Tarvin ran a fumble 25 yards for a TD. So there was 13 of the 19 points.Elgin defense will be just fine.Good luck to all.
Originally posted by True94:
My fault i knew elgin went 6-4, i dont know why i said 4-6. But they last part of your message i didnt understand what you were trying to say. Anyways yeah that Kirby guy can run with the best he is really good. I remember when lovings got hurt he came in and was very good in one game. But yeah i know elgin will be fast. How is there defense looking? Like what areas are their strenghts? Anyways goodluck to yall

bigcat8
07-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Elgin also had an excellent JV. They went 8-2 overall and 7-0 in district play.The 6 best sophomores played on the varsity also..
Originally posted by Pudlugger:
Elgin may be the favorite to win district but they will need to get by La Grange to do it and that will not be easy. La Grange had an excellent JV team last year going 7-1 with wins over Giddings (split 1-1), Sealy, Gonzales and Belleville (twice). They lost the season openner to Giddings on turnovers, then beat them in the middle of the season when they played them again (as Smithville didn't field a JV team). The varsity was so deep in talent that many good players played down on JV for game experience last year. There were no freshmen on last years team although the year before the JV was half freshman, as they combined the two teams in 2000. As a result, the juniors coming up have had two years of JV competition, plus several had 6 extra weeks of practice during the playoffs. This is an intangible asset IMHO.