PDA

View Full Version : Warning: This Thread could cause horror and extreme anger!

PhiI C
01-14-2005, 12:23 AM
ESPN just reported that some of our hockey players are playing in Russia due to the MLH lockout and that the Russians may persuade them with money to stay even if the lockout stops! :(

This is the case also with some of our lady soccer and softball players that has existed for years. Shame on us for our hockey players and lady softball and soccer players having to go to other countries and play in a country whose language they don't understand and whose food they are not used to eating. :eek: :mad:

PhiI C
01-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Even out WNBA plays the players enough money to have a good living and continue playing their sport even though they don't get the millions that the NBA players get. :mad:

sahen
01-14-2005, 02:20 AM
hockey screwed up, they pissed off the little fan base they had....they rnt MLB, i believe that the NHL is dead, they wont recover from this....

kepdawg
01-14-2005, 02:56 AM
You're not surprised by this, are you?

mwynn05
01-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
ESPN just reported that some of our hockey players are playing in Russia due to the MLH lockout and that the Russians may persuade them with money to stay even if the lockout stops! :(

This is the case also with some of our lady soccer and softball players that has existed for years. Shame on us for our hockey players and lady softball and soccer players having to go to other countries and play in a country whose language they don't understand and whose food they are not used to eating. :eek: :mad: iwould say a good percentage of hockey players arent american any way

big daddy russ
01-14-2005, 09:06 AM
I think hockey will survive. They'll lose a lot of their fan base, especially the fair weather fans that they count on in, say, Dallas, Atlanta and Tampa Bay, but the NHL will keep plugging. Makes it harder for the teams to pay those union dues, though.

JasperDog94
01-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Wow. I knew there was a reason that ESPN was dedicating more time to real sports like football and basketball for some reason.:p

UPanIN
01-14-2005, 03:44 PM
It has been sweet not to have to switch the channel when NHL highlites come on. The season is about 4 months too long.