PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Coach Mack is chasing our DC...

big daddy russ
01-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Auburnsports.com is reporting that Auburn Defensive Coordinator Gene Chizik is being courted by Mack Brown and the University of Texas. Chizik is in Jacksonville right now talking to Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio but has been in contact with officials in Austin. More to come...

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Auburnsports.com is reporting that Auburn Defensive Coordinator Gene Chizik is being courted by Mack Brown and the University of Texas. Chizik is in Jacksonville right now talking to Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio but has been in contact with officials in Austin. More to come... ...and the plot thickens...i think Chizik did a great job w/ auburn this year. maybe mack will also get major applewhite to comeback and help vince young w/ his passing. (even though mack played w/ politics when he started simms over applewhite :foul: ) but that isnt my call. major applewhite was a great texas qb and i think the pair working togehter could work miracles.

TMer25
01-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Applewhite has been on the Texas staff the past 2 years as a graduate assistant.

big daddy russ
01-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Auburn's had the best overall defense in the country during the past two years. If UT gets Chizik, I'll be pissed.

ILS1
01-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Applewhite has been on the Texas staff the past 2 years as a graduate assistant.

Applewhite just recently left to take a job with Dick Tomey @ San Diego State. I can't remember exactly what job but it has to do w/ the offense maybe even as a coordinator or as an assistant.

:)

TMer25
01-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Actually it looks like Applewhite is going to Syracuse with Greg Robinson.

AggieJohn
01-13-2005, 07:28 PM
My Friend that goes to Texas called me and told me that he is hearing through the rumour mill that R.C. Slocum is being interviewed too...hmmm.....

JHS_c/o_06'
01-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Im sure that will go over well with alot of people....:confused:

Astrosdawg07
01-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
Im sure that will go over well with alot of people....:confused:

Hell, I think Slocum would be a good fit. I don't care where you came from, it's who you are w/ as of now.

KTJ
01-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Auburn DC rumor - True

RC Slocum rumor - False

Russ, are you an Auburn boy? I thought you went to that school in College Station?

big daddy russ
01-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Auburn DC rumor - True

RC Slocum rumor - False

Russ, are you an Auburn boy? I thought you went to that school in College Station? Nope, I'm an Auburn boy. I just live here.

My baby brother's an Aggie, though. Class of '06.

Dogman
01-14-2005, 09:34 AM
I usually see RC Slocum at my Church about once a month. He has a farm not far from my home and attends my Church some Sundays. The next time I see him I'll check his tie color and ask the question........

89JDAWG
01-14-2005, 09:48 AM
why would he leave auburn and go to tx in the same position? I could understand moving up but not sideways

JasperDog94
01-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
why would he leave auburn and go to tx in the same position? I could understand moving up but not sideways More money? A new challenge? Who knows?

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Applewhite has been on the Texas staff the past 2 years as a graduate assistant. what a humbling statemenet. i have now tasted crow.

Jody
01-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
My Friend that goes to Texas called me and told me that he is hearing through the rumour mill that R.C. Slocum is being interviewed too...hmmm.....

That would be the only good thing about Texas. :D

Jody
01-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
what a humbling statemenet. i have now tasted crow.

It ain't so bad is it? I ate several 5-gallon buckets full in 2005....:D :D Gonna add ketchup in 2006.:D

big daddy russ
01-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
why would he leave auburn and go to tx in the same position? I could understand moving up but not sideways UT not only pays more than Auburn, but it's also a higher-profile position. As far as programs go, UT, Notre Dame, USC, Ohio State, Penn State and Alabama are probably the most revered in the land. Teams like Florida, Miami, Florida State (all more recent powerhouses), Oklahoma and Michigan don't have that mythical quality that the above programs do.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Jody
It ain't so bad is it? I ate several 5-gallon buckets full in 2005....:D :D Gonna add ketchup in 2006.:D i havent had it in a few months. maybe since texas lost to ou...again:( but no matter the time inbtween courses, it still tastes horrible