PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had this much time on my hands!

pirate4state
01-13-2005, 02:20 PM
By DOUG GROSS, Associated Press Writer

ATLANTA - A federal judge Thursday ordered a suburban Atlanta school system to remove stickers from its high school biology textbooks that call evolution "a theory, not a fact," saying the disclaimers are an unconstitutional endorsement of religion.

To read the rest of the article click here (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=5&u=/ap/20050113/ap_on_re_us/evolution_stickers) :rolleyes:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-13-2005, 02:27 PM
wow, that is outrageous!! im all for Christian values being instilled in people, but geez, its jsut a sticker. who really cares? i think people are just trying to get attention when they do stuff like that. the horse is dead. stop kicking it and bury it already!

spiveyrat
01-13-2005, 02:33 PM
As far as the school is concerned, aren't ALL the ideas of our origins merely theories?

Phantom Stang
01-13-2005, 02:37 PM
But the judge disagreed: "While evolution is subject to criticism, particularly with respect to the mechanism by which it occurred, the sticker misleads students regarding the significance and value of evolution in the scientific community."

Ok,someone explain this nice and slow.
What exactly is the significance or value of evolution in science?

JasperDog94
01-13-2005, 02:44 PM
I would've challenged the judge on the following:

"Prove that evolution is fact."

or

"Prove that creation is false."

Bottom line is you can't. Nor can you prove that evolution is false or prove that creation is fact. That's why they're called "theories".

I've never had a problem with the "Big Bang" theory. God spoke and "BANG" it happened.:D

pirate44
01-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I would've challenged the judge on the following:

"Prove that evolution is fact."

or

"Prove that creation is false."

Bottom line is you can't. Nor can you prove that evolution is false or prove that creation is fact. That's why they're called "theories".

I've never had a problem with the "Big Bang" theory. God spoke and "BANG" it happened.:D
it may be just me, but i consider what God says as being fact.

spiveyrat
01-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
it may be just me, but i consider what God says as being fact.

aka faith. ;)