PDA

View Full Version : Texas Weather

CHS_CG
01-11-2005, 01:46 PM
A week ago in Caldwell it was sunny no wind breeze, humidity up, sticky.. just yuck.. then 4 dayslater the high was like 35 cold as santa's well ya know.. IT WAS COLD. Now its 72 nice lil breeze nice mixture of sun and clouds. its beautiful.. WHATS NEXT?

footballmom
01-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Rain tomorrow with storms then a cold front is coming through tomorrow night into Thursday. I think the highs will only be in the 30's. Isn't Texas weather great? :clap:

LH Panther Mom
01-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Hmmmm....not sure about Caldwell, but there is supposed to be a pretty extensive cold front come through here sometime tomorrow.

CHS_CG
01-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by footballmom
Rain tomorrow with storms then a cold front is coming through tomorrow night into Thursday. I think the highs will only be in the 30's. Isn't Texas weather great? :clap:

No its not great.. when the weather does stuff like this.. i end up gettin sick most of the time :( PLEASE STAY NICE PLEASE STAY NICE LOL!

spiveyrat
01-11-2005, 01:55 PM
More cold coming your way! Here's the Wichita forcast. Looks like the next system is a strong one! I'm sure Texas will get pretty cold as well judging by some of the temps we'll be enduring (in Kansas).

http://ksn.com/images/wx/wx_weekly_b.jpg

AP Panther Fan
01-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Phil C's coffee shop forecaster has already predicted a wintery mix for South Texas...so you gotta go with that!:D

jasper_dawgs
01-11-2005, 03:43 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was wondering if I was going to have enough firewood to last thru winter....then all of a sudden we are runnin' the air conditioner. Then I was wondering if I was going to have to sell firewood to pay the electric bill for A.C. in January. Now I am back to cutting firewood. If I ever win the lottery, I will move somewhere that I will not need air conditioning.!!!!!!

AP Panther Fan
01-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by jasper_dawgs
Then I was wondering if I was going to have to sell firewood to pay the electric bill for A.C. in January.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I know exactly what you mean!

I truly dislike my electric service provider!:mad:

spiveyrat
01-12-2005, 10:35 AM
I had to bring this one back today to tell you guys about what the weather is supposed to be like here today...

We started the day off with freezing drizzle, fog, and about 30 degrees. It's supposed to warm up to around 50 by lunch and clear off briefly. Then this afternoon, it's we're supposed to see rain followed by a front. The temperature is predicted to drop to around 30 again and the rain will turn to snow.

How's that for a mixed bag???!!! :doh:

Personally, I'll bet we don't see the sun today. ;)

NSUTrumpet08
01-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Don't you hate this roller coaster weather? Just like when the big snow event happened right around Christmas...New Year's Eve was all humid sticky and wet...that was terrible...i hate these huge fluctuations in temperature and weather! :mad:

Ranger Mom
01-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Our weather is supposed to be fairly warm today....we are just expecting winds of 50 MPH!! :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
01-12-2005, 11:19 AM
20-40 here... after the front out of the North. BRRRR-RRRRR!

spiveyrat
01-12-2005, 01:47 PM
...now the fog has the visibility down to about 1/10th of a mile.

pirate44
01-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Corpus Christi area
http://img155.exs.cx/img155/4986/weather7rc.jpg

CHS_CG
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Well, today in Caldwell we have a wind advisory till 4pm.. winds up to 30 miles an hr... 30% chance of rain.. high is supposed to be 78 but its only 73 right now. right now winds are 21 mph outta the south..

isn't that great.. EVERYTIME I wash my car its supposed to rain the next day.. I'm just gunna stop washin it if it rains today!

spiveyrat
01-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
Corpus Christi area
http://img155.exs.cx/img155/4986/weather7rc.jpg

Gimme some of that!!!

Our forcast has changed. Apparently, the temperature is now on it's way down. They only missed the high for today by 15 degrees! :rolleyes:

CHS_CG
01-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Well it is slowly gettin darker here at the house. lol The cats are both curled up in my room.. one on my bed one on my loveseat. They either know something is coming.. or they are lazy.. *probably a lil of both lol*

pirate44
01-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Gimme some of that!!!

Our forcast has changed. Apparently, the temperature is now on it's way down. They only missed the high for today by 15 degrees! :rolleyes:
i see the've hired psychics there. must get em from the same employment agency that the Corpus CHristi news channels get their people.:D

NSUTrumpet08
01-12-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm ready for cold weather again! BRING IT ON!!!! Yet, i hate how it fluctuates really bad...one week it's chilly and the next you're wearing shorts and some hawaiian t-shirts...geez....

football4life
01-12-2005, 11:01 PM
well lets see, at 3 this afternoon we were out in shorts and t-shirts for offseason, then i went home around 5, came back out at 5:30 and it was snowing. incredible. i love the panhandle.

SintonFan
01-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Gimme some of that!!!

The rule of thumb for fronts is:
IF THE FRONT COMES IN EARLIER THAN PREDICTED IT'S GONNA BE COLDER THAN THEY SAID, IF THE FRONT COMES IN LATER THAN PREDICTED IT'S GONNA BE WARMER THAN THEY SAID. ;)
Take this from an propane veteran. We watch the weather closely.:D :)

Astrosdawg07
01-12-2005, 11:41 PM
It is now raining in Jasper and the temperature is dropping. I love the cold weather.

spiveyrat
01-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
The rule of thumb for fronts is:
IF THE FRONT COMES IN EARLIER THAN PREDICTED IT'S GONNA BE COLDER THAN THEY SAID, IF THE FRONT COMES IN LATER THAN PREDICTED IT'S GONNA BE WARMER THAN THEY SAID. ;)
Take this from an propane veteran. We watch the weather closely.:D :)

Yeah, I knew why. I just wish I had a job where I could be so precise! :D Just about 100 miles to our southeast got to 61 yesterday. We got all the way up to 35! :doh:

89JDAWG
01-13-2005, 11:39 AM
we went 8 hours south for x-mas to south tx only packed shorts and t- shirts on x-mas day we got 4 inches of SNOW. This was the first snow my boys had ever seen and my oldest is 7! Now you know your a redneck when you use socks for gloves!!!