PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss incident...

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Ok, I've heard a lot of talk about this and how a lot of people have taken offense to this. My question is, was that really that bad of an event? I saw it live and didn't think it was offensive. He didn't show anything, he didn't run to the middle of the field and throw down a ball flamboyantly, and he didn't do anything to deserve a fine in my opinion. Green Bay fans have been actually doing the act to opposing team's buses for years. I actually thought it was clever on his part. What does everybody else think?

LH Panther Mom
01-11-2005, 07:44 AM
I didn't see it, but have heard enough about it. I'm not easily offended, so if I had seen it, it wouldn't have bothered me. His HAIR......now THAT'S offensive! :eek:

Moss seems to be a good athlete, but I haven't particularly cared for him for years. I do think that on the field, there are several players that try to go over the top with their antics. Getting the crowd into the game is fine, but it seems that some need to get a little bizarre. IMO, of course.....

AP Panther Fan
01-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I didn't see it, but have heard enough about it. I'm not easily offended, so if I had seen it, it wouldn't have bothered me. His HAIR......now THAT'S offensive! :eek:

I am with you on that one! :D

Ranger Mom
01-11-2005, 10:20 AM
How come Jake Plummer flipping the bird to his own fans didn't generate all the press as Moss PRETENDING to moon the fans??

The Plummer incident would have more offensive to me than what Moss did!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Just saw it this morning. After hearing about it teh past two days I was thinking it was going to be bad. I saw it and it didn't offend me. He acted like he was mooning the Packer fans. He didn't actually moon them, I don't think it is even an issue other than it came from him and he is a sorry excuse for a role model.

kaorder1999
01-11-2005, 10:21 AM
i never saw any of it....if i would have seen it the fake moon more then likely wouldn't have offended me. But apparantly something else happened that a lot of people arent talking about. Didnt he also, after the pretend mooning, go over to the goalpost and "wipe his butt" on the goalpost. That would have pissed me off if I would have seen it! I heard this on the radio so Im guessing this really happened. But like I said...i havent even seen highlights of the game.

vet93
01-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Over the top?...yes.....Would I condone that type of behavior if it were my kid or if I were the coach?....no....Did some of the Packer's fans probably deserve to get some of what they were giving?....yes In the big scheme of things was it that big of a deal?...no. Having said that it was not that big of a deal...it does underscore the trend that we have discussed before concerning an increase of questionable behavior of both fans and players at sporting events......that is a trend I would like to see reversed.

Black_Magic
01-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Vet said it best. Get over it.

pirate44
01-11-2005, 11:04 AM
for those who got offended from the "FAKE" moon, you should have been more offended by how he never pulled back up his imaginary pants. How was he ever able to run off the field after that??:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
01-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
for those who got offended from the "FAKE" moon, you should have been more offended by how he never pulled back up his imaginary pants. How was he ever able to run off the field after that??:rolleyes:

ROFLMAO! :clap:

AP Panther Fan
01-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate44

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Like that new signature!:)

pirate44
01-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Like that new signature!:)
my dream car :D

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i never saw any of it....if i would have seen it the fake moon more then likely wouldn't have offended me. But apparantly something else happened that a lot of people arent talking about. Didnt he also, after the pretend mooning, go over to the goalpost and "wipe his butt" on the goalpost. That would have pissed me off if I would have seen it! I heard this on the radio so Im guessing this really happened. But like I said...i havent even seen highlights of the game.

well, he started dancing around the goal post, but I didn't think it was him wiping his rear.

Holmes_Fans
01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Most people don't even know why he did it....if you don't know why it's because when their bus was pulling into Lambeuaou or the hotel there were some Packer fans on the sidewalk mooning their bus.

jason
01-11-2005, 05:01 PM
no, apparently its a green bay fan tradition to moon opposing teams busses when they are leaving the stadium after a loss....

Holmes_Fans
01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Close enough

sinton66
01-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Ah, well, that explains it. It's a classless act for Moss to PRETEND to do it, but it's ok for moronic Green Bay fans to ACTUALLY do it.

NSUTrumpet08
01-11-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't think this should be such a huge issue...but how far ahead was Minnesota when the incident happened? I would be more concerned with that but the whole 'pretend' mooning didn't bother me...as jason said, the whole mooning thing is what some GB fans to the opposing team bus when GB has just won against them.

I think i remember Colts Coach Dungy talking about it on ESPN or something like that a few days ago about the mooning packers fans do to the opposing team as they're leaving or something...

turbostud
01-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks 66, no more stupid Leon posts.

football4life
01-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
How come Jake Plummer flipping the bird to his own fans didn't generate all the press as Moss PRETENDING to moon the fans??

The Plummer incident would have more offensive to me than what Moss did!!

Thank you, Ranger Mom. i laid out this point yesterday, and its insane that somehow a FAKE moon can be more offensive than a guy giving his HOME fans the bird! cmon! thats ridiculous. Randy Moss is going to be Randy Moss and no one is going to do anything to change that.

spiveyrat
01-12-2005, 07:35 AM
And as for the Green Bay fans... it's kind of cold there this time of year to be pulling your butt out of your pants! :eek: :D