PDA

View Full Version : cunbed10 is ROM

sinton66
01-10-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm tired of your black/white bias. I'm tired of your personal attacks. That is the exact reason you were banned the first time. This time you AIN'T coming back. Have a wonderful life.....someplace else.

Ranger Mom
01-10-2005, 09:48 PM
I tried my darndest to warn him!

I guess some people never learn.

*disclaimer: SOME people is not intended to single out a certain race or creed!:rolleyes:

onfirebball05mustang
01-10-2005, 09:51 PM
i must've been under my rock too long...i didn't see this coming! Good ridance to bad rubbish me thinkith (too much Shakespeare!):doh:

3afan
01-10-2005, 09:54 PM
cool ...

CHS_CG
01-10-2005, 10:00 PM
:clap: :clap: Thank you 66.. we dont need stuff like that on the board!:clap: :clap:

AggieJohn
01-10-2005, 10:22 PM
looks like i dodged the firing line on that one.....i had the last civil post before the "war"

Astrosdawg07
01-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I'm tired of your black/white bias. I'm tired of your personal attacks. That is the exact reason you were banned the first time. This time you AIN'T coming back. Have a wonderful life.....someplace else.

:confused: What was said?

AggieJohn
01-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
:confused: What was said?

PM a mod....better not air stuff out...

TheDOCTORdre
01-10-2005, 10:30 PM
just check out the randy moss thread

BIGHANK
01-10-2005, 11:11 PM
I love it!!!!
I love it!!!!!
I love it!!!!!

i was wondering exactly when this would happen

BHKrystal06
01-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I just read the Randy Moss thread...

good riddens to him!:clap:

Bulldog_12
01-11-2005, 01:39 AM
WOW! I have been gone for a LOOOOONG time. I sure have missed a lot. I need to hurry and get back to college where I have my own computer.:D

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2005, 01:39 AM
is cunbed10 the first poster to get ROMed twice with the same name???

Black_Magic
01-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
:confused: What was said? I believe he took offense to the monkey dance coment. I cant see why though. I have never heard white racist compare black people to monkeys.:rolleyes:

spiveyrat
01-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I believe he took offense to the monkey dance coment. I cant see why though. I have never heard white racist compare black people to monkeys.:rolleyes:

I HAVE heard an African American comparison to monkeys before. It has been a very long time since I've heard the term though. While I can understand his sensitivity (IF it was in regard to the term of which I previously stated), I think he took the the monkey commment out of the context in which it was intended. "Monkey dance", I believe, was used to refer to a ridiculous dance... NOT to refer to the race of the dancer.

mikecheck
01-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Does anyone remember Jimmy the Greek????

HighSchool Fan
01-11-2005, 10:12 AM
I do

LH Panther Mom
01-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by mikecheck
Does anyone remember Jimmy the Greek????

Unfortunately, yes.

BlueBlood
01-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Unless something was deleted, I didn't see any reason for the guy to be kicked off. The only thing that seemed racial and in poor taste was the "monkey" comment by Sinton66. If he doesn't make that racial comment then nothing gets started.

Black_Magic
01-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I HAVE heard an African American comparison to monkeys before. It has been a very long time since I've heard the term though. While I can understand his sensitivity (IF it was in regard to the term of which I previously stated), I think he took the the monkey commment out of the context in which it was intended. "Monkey dance", I believe, was used to refer to a ridiculous dance... NOT to refer to the race of the dancer. I have too. I was just being a little sarcasrtic. LOL I dont know if it is being over sensitive because who is to be sure of the context of many statements made. Im wondering what the personal attacks were . I read the thread and didnt see one. must have been in a PM. Im white and thats how I read the monkey statement at first.

setex
01-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Jimmy was a pretty good bookie, but his comment's rank up
with Al Campanis, Bobby Riggs and for you younger individuals
John Rocker. All to me, a disgrace to this great country.

Jimmy eating crow with the Rev Jackson, duly deserved.
http://illinoisleader.com/content/img/f6946/Greekjackson.jpg

vet93
01-11-2005, 11:00 AM
It all depends on who Sinton66 was talking about. If "they" was describing young players who act inappropriately at sporting events.....then the monkey dance comment was perfectly acceptable because both black and white athletes have participated in some of these antics. However, if Sinton66 used "they" to describe black athletes only then the comment was bigoted and insensitive. Knowing Sinton66 like most of us do on the board we took the "they" comment as referring to athletes who act out during sporting events and the racial card would not even be thought of. Sinton66 has not been going around making racial statements and he would be the first to denounce and ROM anyone who makes statements that are racial in nature. He has been very adament in his opposition to some of the on and off the field antics that athletes seem to be doing these days (both white and black). Therefore, knowing what we do about Sinton66, let us not brand him a hate monger because nothing could be further from the truth.

Black_Magic
01-11-2005, 11:08 AM
I would not say that Sinton66 was implying anything by his comment. I have no idea what he meant by the word monkey or who he was specificaly or generaly refering to. I simply say I have heard people refer to black people as monkeys. I can see someone taking offence to someone saying that if they believe that it was said in a racial way. I wonder what the personal attack was that Sinton66 mentioned.

spiveyrat
01-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Unless something was deleted, I didn't see any reason for the guy to be kicked off. The only thing that seemed racial and in poor taste was the "monkey" comment by Sinton66. If he doesn't make that racial comment then nothing gets started.

Maybe YOU thought the monkey comment was racially motivated. But, 66's history does not support that to be true.

pirate44
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
being called a racist without proof of it is about as bad of thing you can say to or about someone. for one, it is hurtful, not to mention if a reputation is falsly created, it could put that person in physical danger. to assume it was a racist comment, you have to assume the person who said it is a racist. and if you're making that assumption without proof, you are a lowlife in my book.

Ranger Mom
01-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Before this goes any further let me say something.

Cunbed was warned several weeks ago not to stir the "racial" pot again. He was lucky he was allowed back at all, because that was why he was ROMMED the first go around.

Those of us who know 66 know he didn't mean anything racial in that comment. I refer to my kids as acting like "a bunch of monkeys" all the time. I guess if someone wanted to take that out of context, they could!

I, for one, got tired of walking on eggshells around Cunbed. I replied to a post he make a couple of weeks ago, where I posted "that's the pot calling the kettle black".....I actually went back and took that out for fear that Cunbed would turn it into something racial!

pirate44
01-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Cunbed was warned several weeks ago not to stir the "racial" pot again. He was lucky he was allowed back at all, because that was why he was ROMMED the first go around.

Those of us who know 66 know he didn't mean anything racial in that comment. I refer to my kids as acting like "a bunch of monkeys" all the time. I guess if someone wanted to take that out of context, they could!

I, for one, got tired of walking on eggshells around Cunbed. I replied to a post he make a couple of weeks ago, where I posted "that's the pot calling the kettle black".....I actually went back and took that out for fear that Cunbed would turn it into something racial!
as a matter of fact i play the "3 little monkeys jumpin on the bed" game with my son all the time. and he's as pastey as i am.:D

Black_Magic
01-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I refer to my kids as acting like "a bunch of monkeys" all the time. I guess if someone wanted to take that out of context, they could!

I have done that too. but when your talking about your kids jumping on the bed you see them like monkeys and no race is even a factor. I call some kids Yard Apes because apes goof off and mess with all kinds of things in the front yard. I guess when you take the thing Randy moss ( who is black ) and compare it to other dances in the endzone done by pro players ( a majority done by black players ) it COULD be taken in a racial way with out much of a stretch. hey, he has a right to question what someone means by a coment like that . I just was wondering what the personal attack sinton66 mentioned was thats all. if nobody know then thats fine. just wondering.

Bullaholic
01-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by vet93
It all depends on who Sinton66 was talking about. If "they" was describing young players who act inappropriately at sporting events.....then the monkey dance comment was perfectly acceptable because both black and white athletes have participated in some of these antics. However, if Sinton66 used "they" to describe black athletes only then the comment was bigoted and insensitive. Knowing Sinton66 like most of us do on the board we took the "they" comment as referring to athletes who act out during sporting events and the racial card would not even be thought of. Sinton66 has not been going around making racial statements and he would be the first to denounce and ROM anyone who makes statements that are racial in nature. He has been very adament in his opposition to some of the on and off the field antics that athletes seem to be doing these days (both white and black). Therefore, knowing what we do about Sinton66, let us not brand him a hate monger because nothing could be further from the truth.

Vet93 has pretty well summed up my thoughts on this incident. However, I will offer only this. There are no winners when racial matters are brought up for discussion in a public forum because "race" has become such a divisive and politically charged issue and subject to possible intended or unintended mis-interpretation of the intent of the author.. In the modern era, the only time "race" may be publically discussed by a person of any race is when that person has been specifically invited to address this issue. Personally, I feel it is incumbent on all of us to try to have respectfull private social intercourse with all persons on any subject reagrdless of their race. We are a world of many races, and it is the actions and values of each individual that we must evaluate, and not their race, when forming personal opinions. I think further discussion of this issue on this board will only give opportunity for another cunbed10 incident, if we are not very careful to take great care that our comments are not mis-understood.

Ranger Mom
01-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I just was wondering what the personal attack sinton66 mentioned was thats all. if nobody know then thats fine. just wondering.

I'm not sure, but I took it as the attack he made on CHS_CG and her mother, Hornet Mom!

Almost anything can be taken out of context.....I would just rather give people the benefit of the doubt than make an issue of it on a football message board - the worlds problems are not gonna get solved here!

BlueBlood
01-11-2005, 01:14 PM
First of all, I do not know Sinton66 personally. He probably didn't mean to say anything racial. I have come to that conclusion after reading everything. However, the first time a read his "monkey" comment I thought it was very insensitive. I just think their is a better way to phrase things. By the way, I am not a Randy Moss fan.

CHS_CG
01-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
First of all, I do not know Sinton66 personally. He probably didn't mean to say anything racial. I have come to that conclusion after reading everything. However, the first time a read his "monkey" comment I thought it was very insensitive. I just think their is a better way to phrase things. By the way, I am not a Randy Moss fan.

My 2 cents:

Last year while I was still in high school I met CunBed10, he seemed ok. After meeting him, and him coming back on to the 3adownlow I noticed a lot of his posts said somthing about something being "racially unfair" (not all of them but some of them) I do not agree with using that excuse on as manythings as I have seen him us it on. (enough said)

2nd: No matter what animal 66 used as describing how they were dancing probably woulda p!ssed SOMEBODY OFF. I myself would have used monkeys also.. (myself never hearin a black person and monkeys being compared). I believe knowing 66, the only thing he meant by that is they were acting wild and silly.. just as you see monkeys do. NOTHING MORE.

If somebody doesnt agree with what I have said them I am afraid we are just goin to agree to disagree.. its my opinion.. plain and simple.

HighSchool Fan
01-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I just want you to know that I'm affened by a yellow man in underwear with a beer on his stomach, for some reason i get visions of Jason :D

CHS_CG
01-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I just want you to know that I'm affened by a yellow man in underwear with a beer on his stomach, for some reason i get visions of Jason :D

See no.. jason is a lil bit thinner got a lil bit more hair.. but other than that. lol

HighSchool Fan
01-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Whew, thanks for cleaing that up for me lol

jason
01-11-2005, 02:11 PM
I just want you to know that I'm affened by a yellow man in underwear with a beer on his stomach, for some reason i get visions of Jason :D hey now...i lay on the couch and drink beer when im naked, or at least i wake up that way.....get it right mister....:D :D :D :evillaugh :evillaugh

Hupernikomen
01-11-2005, 02:12 PM
I do believe that cunbed had an apology laced in his original comment..I further believe that I would have been offended if I was black man, such as cunbed, by the monkey reference. I don't believe 66 intended it to be racial and cunbed was hoping for clarification. This should have been handled in PM. I will miss cunbed and enjoyed meeting him. Hopefully we can hook up again at another Marlin/Jasper game in '05.

Bullaholic
01-11-2005, 02:15 PM

Oh no! Now Asian racism........

JasperDog94
01-11-2005, 02:22 PM
The next thing you know someone will be called a Nazi!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

pirate44
01-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Oh no! Now Asian racism........
LOL

Jody
01-11-2005, 04:41 PM
I have never seen a monkey with hair that long, so we should not discrace a monkey. He is an overpaid thug who needs a good swift kick in the goal-post scraper.

sinton66
01-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Well, one of the priveledges of being a moderator is that I get to have the last say on this thread. There was nothing racial intended by my comment. Vet93 explained it perfectly. Good grief, people, I WROTE the rules. Unfortunately, cunbed10 has a habit of making EVERYTHING racial. As RM said, he's been warned before by all three current moderators as well as being banned before by a former administrator. And yes, the personal attack was on CHS_CG and her mom.

Sorry, this person had a chip on his shoulder, and he can dang well take it someplace else.
My only mistake here was in not closing this thread immediately upon posting it.