PDA

View Full Version : Why did 3afan's bid disappear from the t-shirt auction?

SintonFan
01-10-2005, 08:47 PM
The winning bid was $75 for the longest time. Someone want to explain what happened?

gobbler grad
01-10-2005, 08:49 PM
i think somebody paid somebody off...:thinking:

CHS_CG
01-10-2005, 08:50 PM
When Admin did repairs to the Dl that one day for some reason all the posts from that day were deleted.. 3a fans bid was on that day.

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2005, 08:50 PM
pirate had the last posted bid

gobbler grad
01-10-2005, 08:52 PM
:thinking: the truth comes out...:eek:

SintonFan
01-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
When Admin did repairs to the Dl that one day for some reason all the posts from that day were deleted.. 3a fans bid was on that day.
If that was the case, was 3afan alerted to this?:eek:

gobbler grad
01-10-2005, 08:58 PM
maybe pirate made a silent bid and it was more than 3afan...:thinking:

SintonFan
01-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
pirate had the last posted bid
It appears that way. But there is a missing bid. The last bid for some time was $75.
;) gobbler grad

gobbler grad
01-10-2005, 09:21 PM
i remember seeing it...nobody ever said anything about deleting posts either...i thought 3afan was the winner

LH Panther Mom
01-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
i remember seeing it...nobody ever said anything about deleting posts either...i thought 3afan was the winner

They weren't deleted, but lost in cyber-space when maintenance was being done.

CHS_CG
01-10-2005, 09:38 PM
I thought i said that.. i guess when ur not a mom nobody listens to you :(

3afan
01-10-2005, 09:47 PM
OK here's the deal .............. as of last week I am a Type 2 Diabetic (http://www.diabetes.org/type-2-diabetes.jsp). I have some expenses coming up that I had not expected so I asked my bid to be removed. No funny stuff or technical problems.

Now that I've said that ... let me take this opportunity to urge anyone and everyone in the risk zone to get tested. Did you know there are an estimated 18 million persons in the USA who are diabetic and don't even know it? Start by taking this online diabetes risk test (http://www.diabetes.org/risk-test.jsp) . Then if you need to make a doc appt and get tested.

3afan
01-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I thought i said that.. i guess when ur not a mom nobody listens to you :(

homer is definitely at risk !!!!!! :D

Rabbit'93
01-10-2005, 10:13 PM
3afan hope all is well or as well as can be expected. My mother has diabetes also so I know how trying it can be.

CHS_CG
01-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
homer is definitely at risk !!!!!! :D

Next month when i go to the doctor i have to not eat or drink anything from 12 the night b4 till my doc. app.... then i have to go get tested for that and to see if im anemic. I have to go get blood taken go to my doc. appointment then go get more blood taken.. then i can finally eat and drink something.

3afan
01-10-2005, 10:18 PM
thanks - all is great! its funny/ironic that this forces one to do (diet/exercise/etc.) what you should do anyways if you were smart!

Rabbit'93
01-10-2005, 10:22 PM
I hear ya. I know I'm at risk and my weight has gone up so I've started exercise and diet again.

SintonFan
01-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
OK here's the deal .............. as of last week I am a Type 2 Diabetic (http://www.diabetes.org/type-2-diabetes.jsp). I have some expenses coming up that I had not expected so I asked my bid to be removed. No funny stuff or technical problems.

Now that I've said that ... let me take this opportunity to urge anyone and everyone in the risk zone to get tested. Did you know there are an estimated 18 million persons in the USA who are diabetic and don't even know it? Start by taking this online diabetes risk test (http://www.diabetes.org/risk-test.jsp) . Then if you need to make a doc appt and get tested.
I'm glad you solved the case of the missing bid. But why not come out with this to begin with? There's nothing to be ashamed. Unexpected costs tend to come at the worst times. I could only afford $20 myself.
Take care of your diabetes 3afan, it runs in my family and it is a deadly disease. I'm a Type 2 diabetic myself so I know where you are coming from. Get your blood sugar under control and start to diet and exercise. My blood sugar has been stable for over two years and I don't follow the rigid diet recomended by many doctors. It's best to maintain your weight close to your target weight. It's hard to do this because many of the medications seem to promote weight gain. Staying active is the key.
Good luck 3afan!:)

3afan
01-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
..... nothing to be ashamed. ...

"ashamed"? -- hardly! just didnt think it was a big deal.

i'm looking at this as an opportunity to:
(1) get my own health back on track (which was great before i started developing 'classic' diabetes symptoms in December)
(2) get my immediate and other family members on the right track to a more healthy lifestyle
(3) get my immediate and other family members, friends, colleagues, 3ADLers, etc. aware of the hidden dangers of diabetes and how easy it is to determine if you are at risk, are prediabetic, or already diabetic

Thanks ....................................