PDA

View Full Version : The real story on Walmart Greeters

AP Panther Fan
01-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Wal-Mart greeter fired over semi-naked picture

MUSCATINE, Iowa (AP) -- A Wal-Mart greeter was sacked for apparently showing too much of his friendly side to customers.

Dean L. Wooten, 65, was accused of greeting customers with a computer-generated photo of himself in which he appeared to be naked -- except for a carefully placed Wal-Mart bag -- and of telling customers that Wal-Mart was cutting costs and the sack was the company's new uniform.

A supervisor at the Muscatine store where Wooten had worked for seven years told him to knock it off after customers complained. He was fired five days later, in September, after he displayed the photo again.

Wooten's application for unemployment compensation was rejected by an administrative law judge, who said "a reasonable person would know the act of showing a naked body wearing a Wal-Mart sack would not be good for the employer's business."

Wooten said he did not see the harm in the photo, which he said was made by a friend who spliced a picture of Wooten's head onto a shot of another man's body.

"When I first seen it, I pretty near died laughing," he said.

Gsquared
01-10-2005, 09:52 AM
ahh, so my sig that Pirate posted actually had a story behind it!!! Now thats classic! ;)

Ranger Mom
01-10-2005, 09:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/walmarts_new_uniform.jpg

cunbed10
01-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/walmarts_new_uniform.jpg This is another Randy Moss, and T. O. incidents, now what's wrong with a little humor, I like the gonads this guy displayed, Society is so judgemental, but I bet these same law makers aren't so angelic, if we could secretly video these same people, we would come up with some stuff that would land alot of these people in Jail.

Gsquared
01-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by cunbed10
This is another Randy Moss, and T. O. incidents, now what's wrong with a little humor, I like the gonads this guy displayed, Society is so judgemental, but I bet these same law makers aren't so angelic, if we could secretly video these same people, we would come up with some stuff that would land alot of these people in Jail.
How much can I buy that sig pic for????????????????

AP Panther Fan
01-10-2005, 10:24 AM
This is another Randy Moss, and T. O. incidents, now what's wrong with a little humor, I like the gonads this guy displayed

:eek: What some consider humorous, obviously offends others.:rolleyes:

One word......"whatever":D

NSUTrumpet08
01-10-2005, 11:11 AM
AHHHHH!!!!!! MY EYES ARE BURNING!!!! :p

Phantom Stang
01-10-2005, 12:17 PM
I like the gonads this guy displayed
:confused:
We must have seen different pictures.:p