PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Bill Romanawski, Jake Plummer....

cunbed10
01-10-2005, 08:44 AM
All these players have done things to take away from the integrity of the game, but all of the incidents want take away from the fortune and fame of these players. Babe Ruth was one of the worst atheletes in the history of man kind, but yet and still considered one of the most talented baseball players, ever to play.

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2005, 09:48 AM
cunbed10, why all the hate for someone that you and 99 percent of all the people on here never got to see play? I'm sure there were alot of people during that time that didn't like the way he was acting.

cunbed10
01-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
cunbed10, why all the hate for someone that you and 99 percent of all the people on here never got to see play? I'm sure there were alot of people during that time that didn't like the way he was acting. On contrair my dear, I was at the Game in 99' when Randall Cunningham was the QB, and they Scorched Dallas on Thanksgiving Day, I loss $300.00 dollars, becasue Dallas let Randy score with 4 seconds left, with a screen Play that went the distance with time running out. I have also seen David Carr, LaDanian Tomlinson, Jerry Rice, Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett, Tony Brackens, Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman, Dan Patorini, Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Rocky Bliar, Robert Brazil(met in person, mother took me to his house as a kid, I ask for one of the Big socks he had in the laundry, and he gave it to me.)

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm talking about Babe Ruth, on 2 different post you talked about him as being one of the worst atheletes in history. When did you see him act in away that you would consider 'classless'.

Rabbit'93
01-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Ruth's antics have been documented in print as well as in movies. He's been known to be a hard drinking, gambling, womenizer. At the same time still regarded as being one of the greatest to ever play.

HighSchool Fan
01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
The point is, it's two different era's. You can't compare that time to now and vice-versa. We have no idea what the fans thought about Babe Ruth. Just what the sports writers want us to think. We have seen Owens, Moss, Artest, Romanawski and others that play in our time, and we can get our own opinion of them.