PDA

View Full Version : Battle for the bottom of the barrel, and the winner is...

xlr8tor
10-17-2003, 11:10 PM
Kountze. For district 21-3A the bottom of the barrel is official after Kountze lost to Buna 27-7. The football here just stinks. There is no way to sugar coat it. It makes a football fan sick to watch a team (or should I say school) that has the talent to be competitive, and fail to do even that. It boils down to coaching, plain and simple. And until Kountze gets some decent coaches who strive to win rather than play politics, and a schoolboard that is willing to get coaches like that, they will continue to lose. Kountze has a hard time getting quality athletes to come out for football and stay with the program throughout the season. I can't say I blame them though, when a good season is, no, make that a great season is 3-7. I've seen pee wee coaches that are less predictable. Talked to a player from last year and got a little insight to the current coaching philosophy. "If it makes 3 yards or more, keep trying it until it doesn't work any more." If you're a top 10 team playing a really weak team, I might could see that. This is why Kountze stinks so bad. So for all you second and third string players, strap it up and get ready to play Kountze, because in all likelihood, you'll get your shot. Just my take.

jason
10-17-2003, 11:12 PM
xlr8tor:
Kountze. For district 21-3A the bottom of the barrel is official after Kountze lost to Buna 27-7. The football here just stinks. There is no way to sugar coat it. It makes a football fan sick to watch a team (or should I say school) that has the talent to be competitive, and fail to do even that. It boils down to coaching, plain and simple. And until Kountze gets some decent coaches who strive to win rather than play politics, and a schoolboard that is willing to get coaches like that, they will continue to lose. Kountze has a hard time getting quality athletes to come out for football and stay with the program throughout the season. I can't say I blame them though, when a good season is, no, make that a great season is 3-7. I've seen pee wee coaches that are less predictable. Talked to a player from last year and got a little insight to the current coaching philosophy. "If it makes 3 yards or more, keep trying it until it doesn't work any more." If you're a top 10 team playing a really weak team, I might could see that. This is why Kountze stinks so bad. So for all you second and third string players, strap it up and get ready to play Kountze, because in all likelihood, you'll get your shot. Just my take.kountze usually has a good basketball team

xlr8tor
10-17-2003, 11:15 PM
jason:

xlr8tor:
Kountze. For district 21-3A the bottom of the barrel is official after Kountze lost to Buna 27-7. The football here just stinks. There is no way to sugar coat it. It makes a football fan sick to watch a team (or should I say school) that has the talent to be competitive, and fail to do even that. It boils down to coaching, plain and simple. And until Kountze gets some decent coaches who strive to win rather than play politics, and a schoolboard that is willing to get coaches like that, they will continue to lose. Kountze has a hard time getting quality athletes to come out for football and stay with the program throughout the season. I can't say I blame them though, when a good season is, no, make that a great season is 3-7. I've seen pee wee coaches that are less predictable. Talked to a player from last year and got a little insight to the current coaching philosophy. "If it makes 3 yards or more, keep trying it until it doesn't work any more." If you're a top 10 team playing a really weak team, I might could see that. This is why Kountze stinks so bad. So for all you second and third string players, strap it up and get ready to play Kountze, because in all likelihood, you'll get your shot. Just my take.kountze usually has a good basketball teamYes, they do for two reasons. 1. Hardly any of the best athletes (basketball players) play football. And 2. the ones that do play both sports, never have to worry about playing football the first weekend in November. Just my take.