PDA

View Full Version : Coaches' All-state football team

DFHM
01-09-2005, 07:10 PM
anyone know what it is? it was suppose to come out today. and i think it is the coaches poll..but it is the one that is for the playoffs

kaorder1999
01-10-2005, 09:27 AM
there isn't a coaches all-state team...the next one and last one to come out will be the TSWA (texas sports writers association) all-state team which takes regular and post season into consideration. The AP All-state team is regular seasononly!

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by DFHM
anyone know what it is? it was suppose to come out today. and i think it is the coaches poll..but it is the one that is for the playoffs

The coaches do select an All star team that will play a game during the summer.

It is usually on TV.

kaorder1999
01-10-2005, 12:32 PM
yeah...thats the Texas High School Coaches Association All-Star games. Coaches nominate players and then a selection committee (two coaches per classification level One North Coach, One SOuth Coach) picks the teams. Lat year I know Randy Barnes from Crandall was on the SElection Commitee!

crabman
01-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Two years ago it was published on January 29th. Three years ago it was published on January 22nd. It will be listed as the Collin Street Bakery/Texas Sports Writers Association All State Football Team. Players are nominated by coaches and voted on by the sports writers and Coaches. Look for it in the next couple of weeks.
Coach Reeve said that he always remembers seeing it around Super Bowl time. Sounds about right.