PDA

View Full Version : Aransas Pass Basketball

AP Panther Fan
01-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Aransas Pass vs CC Ray 1/4/05

Aransas Pass Panthers (15-7) played Corpus Christi Ray (11-3) Tuesday night in Aransas Pass.
Aransas Pass 21 11 16 12 60
CC Ray 12 20 19 14 65

Next game is Aransas Pass vs Corpus Christi Miller at 7:30 Friday night in Aransas Pass.

It's okay ... from what I heard, we beat CC Miller by 1 point last night with about 1 sec on the board! Not bad for playing yet another 5a school! Yes, this is my homer thread!:D :D :D

big daddy russ
01-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Hey AP, Matt Hall's still there isn't he? What class is he in and how tall is nowadays?

pirate44
01-10-2005, 08:29 AM
hehe. i love it when a 3a teams beat or put the fear into the 5a schools. way to go AP!!

AP Panther Fan
01-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hey AP, Matt Hall's still there isn't he? What class is he in and how tall is nowadays? ]

Hey Russ, yes Matt is a senior this year. I am uncertain as to his current height, but as a sophomore he was 6'6. We also have his brother coming up, I believe a sophomore this year, who is just as tall.

Here's the story on the game Friday night.

Aransas Pass Panthers Defeat CC Miller Bucs 1/7/05

The #8 ranked class AAA Aransas Pass Panthers defeated the AAAAA Corpus Christi Miller Bucs here tonight by a score of 59-58. The winning basket was tipped in by senior center Matt Hall after being kept alive by his teammates on numerous tips with time running out.
Hall and one of his fellow post players, senior Eric Mingus, finished the game with 18 pts each, with Hall getting 17 rebounds, and Mingus ripping down 15 boards.
The Panthers got down 10-17 the first period, missing easy baskets and free throws. The second period was more of the same with the halftime score Miller 34 AP 22. The second half was a completely different game, with Aransas Pass holding Miller's leading scorer Jacolby Satterwhite to only 2 pts that period, while Hall, Mingus and Jared Day added 14 pts inside for the 16-7 Panthers.
The AP guards were not hitting shots, but the guard combination of Daniel Hayes 4, Brian Quintanilla 2, Michael Cook 3, John Walton 2, and Marcus Hernandez 10, contributed 21 pts together. Albert Lockhart and Georgie Alvarado played good defense and made several good plays throughout the game as well.
"We found out what our boys are made of tonight, and it's some good stuff." "We are all very proud of them and what they did here tonight, hopefully that will give them confidence in themselves as we get into district play this week."

The Panthers play Corpus Christi King at AP on Tuesday at 7:30pm, then start District 30-AAA play at Ingleside on Friday, January 14 at 7:30pm.

pirate4state
01-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
hehe. i love it when a 3a teams beat or put the fear into the 5a schools. way to go AP!! Especially with the way the Corpus media ignores us "country" folks. :rolleyes: :D

AP Panther Fan
01-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Especially with the way the Corpus media ignores us "country" folks. :rolleyes: :D

You got that right! Funny I haven't seen it on television or read it in the Caller-Times! :rolleyes:

pirate44
01-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You got that right! Funny I haven't seen it on television or read it in the Caller-Times! :rolleyes:
yep, youre gonna have to keep posting scores for AP if we want to know whats going on with em