PDA

View Full Version : NFL Wildcard Playoffs

Bullaholic
01-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Hard to get excited about the NFL anymore with the free agent carousel going on among the teams, but at least we'll have some football to watch. Here's my picks:

Jets vs Chargers -- I think the Bolts and L.T. take this one by 10.

Seahawks vs Rams-- Battle of the mediocres--I say Rams by 7 because of their offense.

Vikings vs Packers---I think the ol' pro Favre will bring this one home to Green Bay by 7.

Broncos vs Colts--Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and will win this one for the Colts by 10.

Super Bowl Prediction-- Steelers vs Eagles--Eagles win by 7.

setex
01-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I like your picks, but my neighbor just called, and between those games and the one below, I'm off.

http://www.perkinsframing.com/golf/Pebble%20Beach%207.jpg

Bullaholic
01-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by setex
I like your picks, but my neighbor just called, and between those games and the one below, I'm off.

http://www.perkinsframing.com/golf/Pebble%20Beach%207.jpg

Good choice Setex. If I had anything like that to do, I wouldn't be watching the NFL. Be sure to put on a big pot of that gumbo you showed a picture of a couple of weeks ago for when you get back. Don't forget to count every stroke, and remember-- only 1 Mulligan. Have a great day.

rockdale80
01-08-2005, 02:18 PM
i too am off to play golf with some college buddies.....yall have a good weekend..

Leopards,class of 75
01-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Hard to get excited about the NFL anymore with the free agent carousel going on among the teams, but at least we'll have some football to watch. Here's my picks:

Jets vs Chargers -- I think the Bolts and L.T. take this one by 10.

Seahawks vs Rams-- Battle of the mediocres--I say Rams by 7 because of their offense.

Vikings vs Packers---I think the ol' pro Favre will bring this one home to Green Bay by 7.

Broncos vs Colts--Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and will win this one for the Colts by 10.

Super Bowl Prediction-- Steelers vs Eagles--Eagles win by 7. I agree with all your this weeks picks, but I think New England will play Philly in the Super Bowl.

gobbler grad
01-08-2005, 08:06 PM
well the Rams beat the Seahawks...Seahawks had a chance, but blew it...Hasselbeck should have run the ball instead of forcing the pass :( 27-20

hoping the Chargers can handle the Jets tonight...

AP Panther Fan
01-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
well the Rams beat the Seahawks...Seahawks had a chance, but blew it...Hasselbeck should have run the ball instead of forcing the pass :( 27-20

hoping the Chargers can handle the Jets tonight...

Glad you posted that score....left and missed the end of the game. I have some friends from St. Charles (big Ram fans) so guess I will need to call and congratulate. Seems like the Rams were leading most of the game, but it certainly was close at times.:D

gobbler grad
01-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Glad i'm watching the Chargers on TV ...cold and rainy in San Diego...ought to be a good game and with weather conditions like they are, who knows what will happen...

Raider Nurse
01-08-2005, 09:00 PM
I agree with all your picks.

setex
01-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Marc Bulger threw for 313 yards and two touchdowns, the last a 17-yarder to Cam Cleeland with 2:11 to play Saturday, leading the Rams to a 27-20 win over Seattle and making St. Louis the first 8-8 to win in the playoffs

You the man Bullaholic

gobbler grad
01-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Jets strike first in the 2nd half and lead 14-7...very close game here ... which defense will hold up tonight

gobbler grad
01-08-2005, 11:31 PM
going to overtime, tied at 17...4th and goal for the Chargers and Jets get personal foul, roughing the passer...if they lose, will be lond trip home for #50...:( :(

Chargers have the ball first in overtime...let's see what happens...

football4life
01-08-2005, 11:31 PM
just flipped back to the game, quite a finish to regulation there, dumb play by the jets at the end. OT should be just as exciting as regulation....... ha. well first score wins, so it ould be over at any moment. go bolts.

gobbler grad
01-09-2005, 12:07 AM
jets win in overtime 20-17