PDA

View Full Version : Fear Factor Lawsuit

TheDOCTORdre
01-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Viewer Sues Over 'Fear Factor' Rat Episode
Jan 6, 5:13 PM EST

Associated Press

CLEVELAND -- Apparently nausea was a factor for a "Fear Factor" viewer who is suing NBC for $2.5 million, contending an episode in which contestants eat rats made him vomit.

Austin Aitken said he watches "Fear Factor" often and had no problem with past episodes in which the reality show's contestants ate things like worms and insects in pursuit of a $50,000 prize.

But the Cleveland man said showing people eating rats mixed in a blender was degrading to the contestants and the viewers.

"These networks are going too far.

Period," Aitken said Thursday. "They need to check themselves, clean up their own acts. It's barbaric, some of the things they ask these individuals to do."

Aitken's handwritten lawsuit contends the rat-eating made his blood pressure rise, making him dizzy and lightheaded.

"I didn't see the doorway on route to my room," his lawsuit reads. "I ran into it causing suffering, injury and great pain."

Asked why he didn't shut off his television before the rat-eating segment, Aitken said he couldn't do it quick enough.

NBC responded with a brief statement: "We believe that the claim is completely without merit."

Aitken, 49, said he wants to send a message to NBC and other networks with the lawsuit. He said he isn't concerned with winning a cash judgment in court.

"I just put any figure. You really think I expect to get 2.5 million?" he said.

Court records show Aitken, who works as a paralegal, filed two lawsuits against tobacco companies in the late 1990s. Both were dismissed.

Leopards,class of 75
01-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Very stupid show! It would not be worth $50,000 to do what they have to do on this show!

AP Panther Fan
01-08-2005, 12:44 AM
I can't stand this show....but I just don't turn it on. I really don't think things like this need to be on television...sorry guys!:rolleyes:

NSUTrumpet08
01-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Geez...filing a lawsuit just because he threw up??? Boohoo...yeah so it caused other things...but come on...if he knew the eating of the rats was going to make him sick, he should have just turned off the tv or switched to another channel...for cryin out loud!!! :mad:

marlin fan
01-08-2005, 12:08 PM
I like watching that show... although i wouldnt do any of the stuff they do on there!!!! lol that guys just trying to get some money the ^&*^$%^

Bulldog_12
01-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Blah Blah Blah, Boo Frickity Hoo! These are the types of people that make me sick. If you think something will make you vomit, change the channel. Im sure he knew what was coming and had plenty of time to change it. Its just a sad person trying to make some quick cash.