PDA

View Full Version : Everman 37 Abilene Wylie 0

Matthew328
11-23-2002, 05:50 PM
Everman's D dominated Wylie...I guess this proves a few doubters wrong..

wildstangs
11-23-2002, 06:14 PM
Congrats to Everman. Good season Wylie. Good luck in Basketball.

Rabbit'93
11-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Congratulations to the Bulldogs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-23-2002, 07:31 PM
I'm wondering how many starters Everman will have back next year?

evebulldog01
11-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Everman will have five on defense and four on offense. The deal with Everman is before todays game the starters hadn't played in the second half in seven weeks. The Backups which are all under classmen get to come in and play. Thus getting valuable experience. We have used at least ten different runningbacks this year and only two of thoose are seniors. At times we have played games this year where in the second half a senior has not stepped onto the field.

DroptheHammer
11-23-2002, 08:13 PM
I was able to be at the game today. It was the first time I had seen Everman play this year, and I was expecting to see a high powered offense, and a defense that was not that good based on the scores that were put up by the good teams that they played this year. BOY, was I wrong. From what I can tell this team has no weakness. Offense, Defense, Special Teams are all awesome. It will take perfection for someone to beat them.

eye of the tiger
11-23-2002, 08:16 PM
Huge win for Everman. Congrats

aamove
11-24-2002, 01:34 AM
Congrats to the Bulldogs.

Chief Woodman
11-24-2002, 01:41 AM
Congrats to Everman. Meaning no disrespect at all, lets all recall they have lost this year (to Kennedale) so they are not totally unstoppable. They are no doubt my pick to win the Championship, but they must earn it. On any given week they could lose. After all the team that beat them is out of the playoffs in a tough loss tonight. Good luck Everman!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2002, 01:50 AM
Great experience for those spares. They should be a force again next year. I hate to hear that so many will be comming back with playing time. No disrespect but dang these Everman is dominating.

fwisd
11-24-2002, 08:43 AM
Good job, Everman - glad to see them win again. Questin for Matthew and the Everman folks - How is Jamal Hall doing at CSU?

bulldog65
11-24-2002, 09:12 AM
Overall I would say a nice win. The Everman Bulldogs continue their defense of the D-1 Championship.

Offense A, J.J. Jennings 16-132 yds, Michael Benton solid as usual. Jonathan Harrell dangerous as ever. Theo Miller only carried 3 times for 31 yds, then rested ankle. Took advantage of good field position and turnovers, scored when opportunity presented.

Defense A+, Nick Clark was unreal, 4 sacks, I don't know how many tackles. Just total disruption in the backfield. DL, Linebackers, secondary very impressive. Held Wylie to 68 yards total, -9 yds rushing on 32 carries.

Special Teams, A, would be A+ but for a couple of penalty's,and a fumbled kickoff to start the second half. The two blocked punts were HUGE!

Coaching A+, Keeling read Sandifers book. Didn't see any surprises in their offensive scheme.

Team A, need to cutdown on penaltys 10-101 yds.

Next week, Monahans @ Lubbock.

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: bulldog65 ]</small>

whsfan
11-24-2002, 10:04 AM
The Everman team came into the game with business to complete. They were very impressive. Best of luck in the rest of the playoffs. My prediction is that Everman will repeat as champions.

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: whsfan ]</small>

whsfan
11-24-2002, 10:48 AM
The Wylie Defense did do a good job at the start of the game containing the Everman Offense. The turnovers just pushed the Defense back on the field way too soon and wore the Defense down at the end of the first half. Wylie needed to move the football and get some first downs. Blocked punts were a huge factor.

spiderman
11-24-2002, 10:55 AM
Congrats to the Wylie Bulldogs for a great season. We enjoyed watching you boys play with so much heart and teamwork. You all are champions in our books.

As for the Everman Bulldogs, you have a great football team. If you keep playing like you did against Wylie, you've got the state championship rapped up. What a powerhouse! Good luck!

evebulldog01
11-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Jahmal Hall is spending most of his his time on special teams this season. He was red shirted last year and is suppose to have a significant spot on next years team. Their has been talk of him starting at middle linebacker. He seems to be having a lot of fun I talked to his dad yesterday after the victory, and stated that Jahmal was going to try and come in for our game in lubock but wasn't sure if he would be able to.

evebulldog01
11-24-2002, 12:29 PM
Bulldog65 I couldn't agree more we played very well yesterday. I guess it helped having all of those sophmores on the 2000 team. I went back and checked the roster and we had over half of that team made up of sophmores. Obvisouly we came out and played like we wanted this one and what can I say about our defense other than WOW. The adjustments we made are really paying off as that is now six shutouts in the past eight games and two games where the oposition scored in the last two minutes of the fourth quarter on reserves.

Adidas410s
11-24-2002, 02:25 PM
What can I say? I thought Everman's defense was supposed to be their "weak spot." I just found myself laughing over and over again because the pressure that they put on the QB and their disrupion in the backfield was unreal. Their only "weak spot" may have been in their secondary. Wylie had a couple of chances but either missed receivers or never got a pass off because of the pressure up front. Everman's secondary plays a very physical game, but sometimes too physical. I know that I recall at least 1 defensive holding and 1 or 2 pass interference calls. There were also a couple of other times where there could have been a call, but the officials were REALLY lenient on calls on Saturday. Both teams had a lot of things that should have been called that never were.

ballhog65
11-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Congrats to Everman on whippin our butts yesterday.
I didnt expect to get beat like that.
If yall keep playin like that yall should have no problem winnin the chanpionship again.
And that Nick Clark is a badass.
Good luck everman.

pero chato
11-24-2002, 05:57 PM
OUCH! Well we gave Everman a good first quarter, and had some good defensive moments throughout. I credit the Everman defense, especially Nick Carter (WOW). We could never get any offensive rhythm going. There's nothing wrong with getting beat by a team as good as Everman. They should repeat as 3A champs. And apparently so much talent from the underclassmen returning next year. Hey The Chosen 1, about that dynasty....

bleedgreen
11-24-2002, 06:47 PM
Matthew, I know all the Everman boosters are feeling good right now after that convincing win over a good Abilene team. I will read with anticipation all the accolades in the future that this great team will receive. May the Force be with you.

The Chosen 1
11-25-2002, 06:31 PM
To all of the haters out there, what did I say?
Everman would win and win they did.

This team is extremely talented and I know when they are clicking, they are the toughest team in 3a to beat.

Good Luck in Monahans, Bulldogs!

P.S. Pero Chato, his name is NICK CLARK! eek!