PDA

View Full Version : Cool thing happened at my mom's school today

AggieJohn
01-06-2005, 08:42 PM
So my mom is a teacher, and about 2 years ago a teacher and her team teacher mailed some letters to some soldiers from liberty over in iraq...well about included in those letters was an american flag signed by all the kids in the class. one of the soldiers that was in the unit was being shipped back home, but their was another soldier from liberty over there and the one soldier promised the other soldier that he had to bring it back to the class upon his arrival back to liberty. Well this morning that second soldier, a sergeant, had a ceremony, and called up each kid from that second grade class, which most of them were in different fourth grade classes now, and he presented them back the flag that they had sent over to iraq....

God Bless the USA

NSUTrumpet08
01-06-2005, 08:55 PM
That is really cool! Great story man...

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-06-2005, 09:08 PM
we had a texas flag out here at one of our chow halls, but they painted them and never put the flag back up. i was so disapointed when i didnt get to see that flag everyday:( but i do have all kinds of texas stuff on the walls in my hooch. and some drawing some of my friends kids on other forums made for me when i was home on leave. aggie john, that story is another thing that makes alot of the hardships worth while.