View Full Version : While on the subject of lyrics

Holmes_Fans
01-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Check this out

http://www3.telus.net/jefmil/stairwaybackwards.htm

freaky

NSUTrumpet08
01-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Dude...that is freaky...i doubt that was intentional or purposely put there on the song... but holy crap...

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-06-2005, 08:26 PM
to me that really sounds like more of an arabic dialect, but im not al inguist or anything like that, i have just heard a few people pf the culter speak.

gobbler grad
01-06-2005, 08:46 PM
that's some weird stuff...:confused:

ILS1
01-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Stairway To Heaven backwards gave me chills!!!! Pink Floyd is known to do stuff like that but nothing Satanic or anything. What about if you played the whole album "Dark Side Of The Moon" and watched the very beginning of "The Wizard Of Oz" that the film and the music went together?? I've seen a bootleg copy of it,while most the film and the music didn't jive together,some parts did.

CRHSeagle
01-06-2005, 10:24 PM
all them songs are pretty creepy

lobo12
01-06-2005, 11:25 PM
ive heard about the wizard of oz thing too never tried it though

football4life
01-06-2005, 11:37 PM
thats pretty mind boggling, how that could possibly just happen, or even how they could possibly do that on their own. no matter, that stuff is freaky deeky.

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2005, 08:39 AM
This has been around for years....the story was that you could spin your LP backwards & hear the words. I never tried it, since my copy of Zep was on 8-track.

On a side note, I'd LOVE to be the person that had enough time on their hands to put all the backward recordings together. :rolleyes:

And I have listened to Dark Side of the Moon while watching Wizard of Oz.

jason
01-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

And I have listened to Dark Side of the Moon while watching Wizard of Oz. what is dark side of the moon? what what effect does it have on the movie ??

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by jason
what is dark side of the moon? what what effect does it have on the movie ??

Pink Floyd album. If you listen to it while watching the movie, there are quite a few parts of the songs that eerily could correlate to the movie. You must start the CD at the second roar of the MGM lion. At some point, I forget when, it stops making any sense. (This one's been around for awhile too.....longer than CD's.)

jason
01-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Pink Floyd album. If you listen to it while watching the movie, there are quite a few parts of the songs that eerily could correlate to the movie. You must start the CD at the second roar of the MGM lion. At some point, I forget when, it stops making any sense. (This one's been around for awhile too.....longer than CD's.) the wizard of oz is a VERY complex movie (first movie done in techni-color)...we spent half a semester on it in an arts and humanities class.....

jason
01-07-2005, 09:06 AM
From www.rareexception.com

This is a simple legend to verify; first, buy Dark Side of the Moon. Its been suggested that you use the digitally remastered and repackaged Dark Side of the Moon with the solid prism / triangle on the cover rather than the hollow prism / triangle from the original cover of the album. Both covers by Storm Thorgerson / Hipgnosis®

Then, get The Wizard of Oz. Again, Its been suggested that you make sure to use the digitally remastered THX® 50th Anniversary edition.

Put the two together, and mush them all around, out comes an eerie relationship between the monumentous album and classic film.

Transitions between scenes are often perfectly timed with musical changes.

Turn the sound of the film all the way down, and turn the sound of the album up as high as you can stand.
It will probably take you a few tries to get the sync lined up just right so be patient. First load the Dark Side of the Moon CD into your CD player and hit PLAY (>) and then immediately hit PAUSE (II) so it is cued up and ready to roll. Be sure also to set your CD player to continuous replay. This in most CD players is done by hitting the "REPEAT" button twice. Hitting it once will usually repeat only the presently playing track so hit the button two (2) times and it will replay the CD over and over. The CD will play roughly two and a quarter times through the entire length of the movie.

Now start the video and fast forward past all the preview junk (about five minutes worth on the THX version) at the beginning and watch for the THX Digital logo to pop up. Now get the tape to the very beginning where the BLACK & WHITE MGM lion roars. After the BLACK & WHITE MGM Lion roars for the THIRD (3rd) time IMMEDIATELY hit the play button on the CD player.

The credits begin to roll, and the ambient noise that opens the album begins. You know the synchronicity will work if the music kicks in just as Produced by Mervyn Leroy pops up.

Now, we would suggest you stop reading here and experience it first. It is much more fun to watch it without knowing, ahead of time, what you are going to see. Otherwise, from here, we are going to take you on a step by step tour of the scenes and music as they occur.
The coincidence eeirily begins when the album says, "... Look around ..." which prompts Dorothy to look around.
As the line "balanced on the biggest wave" from Breathe is uttered, Dorothy teeters on the rail of the pig-sty.
She then breaks into a trot just as the line "No one told you when to run" from Time is heard.
The chimes in Time go off at the appearance of Mrs Gulch (Wicked Witch of the West) on the bicycle and the chimes stop when she gets off the bike. "I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good ..."
"... Home, home again ..." as Professor Marvel tells Dorothy that she needs to go back home.
The Great Gig in the Sky begins as the tornado appears and lasts exactly the length of the storm. On the record, this song is the end of the first side of the album and ironically, as Dorothy slowly pushes open the door, the black and white portion of the film ends, Oz appears in brash color, and "cha-ching," Money begins exactly on cue.
The munchkins begin to dance to the tempo of Money.
Before the Wicked Witch appears in a cloud of smoke, dressed in her black dress, just as the word "Black" is uttered in Us and Them.
Then the scene changes as Dorothy leaves Munchkin Land at the same time that "Us and Them" changes to "Any Colour You Like" The Scarecrow starts dancing just as "The lunatic is on the grass" is heard.
"... And everyone you meet..." is uttered as Dorothy meets the Tin Woodsman.
And the album ends with a slowly beating heartbeat, which comes just as Dorothy bangs on the Tin Man's chest to see if he's got a heart.

Now, if you've set up your CD player to repeat, the coincidences continue from here. Unfortunately, due to replay speeds, it is more difficult to match the album to the movie. But here are a few of the scenes you might catch!

When "... and high you fly ..." is spoken during Breathe, the Wicked Witch stands on top of the house with her flying broom.
On the Run then presents "... Shorter of breath and one day closer to death..." as Dorothy and Cowardly Lion appear to be dead.
This time, Money plays while they are in the Emerald City - "Cha-Ching" is heard as the Wicked Witch writes "Surrender Dorothy" in the sky.
"... Down and out ..." has the flying monkeys swoop down to capture Dorothy, and then fly out of the woods with her in their hands.

Believe it or not, the CD replays for a 3rd time (about half way through) and the coincidences continue! But we'll stop here for now to let you find the rest on your own!
As you find them, be sure to click here to email us or visit our message board to discuss ideas.

Now, get the album, pick up the video and then go back to The Garden to catch up on more rumors, facts, and fictions!

By the way at the end of Dark Side of the Moon, after you hear "There is no dark side of the moon really. As a matter of fact it's all dark ..." you can faintly hear some music playing. Strangely enough it's an orchestral version of The Beatles' Ticket to Ride. Both Pink Floyd and The Beatles recorded at Abbey Roads Studios and they, at times, contributed to each other in one fashion or another; certainly, at times tapes would have been erased and reused. Anyone know why they chose Ticket to Ride?

These Rumor are so popular that it is purported that album sales and video rentals significantly jumped as the story circulated. For more fun links, check out Yahoo! where even their popular "Ask Yahoo!" Q&A forum has been pulled into this legend!

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Oopsies on the lion roar....it's been several years. The 50th anniv is the one we have. It's almost like whoever wrote the lyrics (was it Roger Waters??? :confused: ) was watching Wizard of Oz while doing so. :eek: It is pretty eery & a good way to pass an evening when it's cold & icky outside.....or when the board is slow & no one's in the chat room. :D

jason
01-07-2005, 09:13 AM
i might have to try that...i have to get a copy of dark side of the moon though...

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Sorry that this got hijacked into a Pink Floyd thread....so I'm bringing it back. Stairway to Heaven was never recorded by Lep Zeppelin as a "satanic" song.

Robert Plant addressed the issue in an interview with Musician magazine: "'Stairway To Heaven' was written with every best intention, and as far as reversing tapes and putting messages on the end, that's not my idea of making music. It's really sad. the first time I heard it was early in the morning when I was living at home, and I heard it on a news program. I was absolutely drained all day. I walked around, and I couldn't actually believe, I couldn't take people seriously who could come up with sketches like that. There are a lot of people who are making money there, and if that's the way they need to do it, then do it without my lyrics. I cherish them far too much."

pirate44
01-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Oopsies on the lion roar....it's been several years. The 50th anniv is the one we have. It's almost like whoever wrote the lyrics (was it Roger Waters??? :confused: ) was watching Wizard of Oz while doing so. :eek: It is pretty eery & a good way to pass an evening when it's cold & icky outside.....or when the board is slow & no one's in the chat room. :D
it just seems so difficult for the cd to repeat and it still be in sequence with the movie. im trying to think of how it could have been done.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
it just seems so difficult for the cd to repeat and it still be in sequence with the movie. im trying to think of how it could have been done.:thinking:

I've never actually listened through the cd more than once while watching.

onfirebball05mustang
01-07-2005, 09:57 AM
that's some creepy stuff...i may have to try that....an excuse to go to Fry's...not like you can do much with the cold misty weather--brr

ILS1
01-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by jason
From www.rareexception.com

This is a simple legend to verify; first, buy Dark Side of the Moon. Its been suggested that you use the digitally remastered and repackaged Dark Side of the Moon with the solid prism / triangle on the cover rather than the hollow prism / triangle from the original cover of the album. Both covers by Storm Thorgerson / Hipgnosis®

Then, get The Wizard of Oz. Again, Its been suggested that you make sure to use the digitally remastered THX® 50th Anniversary edition.

Put the two together, and mush them all around, out comes an eerie relationship between the monumentous album and classic film.

Transitions between scenes are often perfectly timed with musical changes.

Turn the sound of the film all the way down, and turn the sound of the album up as high as you can stand.
It will probably take you a few tries to get the sync lined up just right so be patient. First load the Dark Side of the Moon CD into your CD player and hit PLAY (>) and then immediately hit PAUSE (II) so it is cued up and ready to roll. Be sure also to set your CD player to continuous replay. This in most CD players is done by hitting the "REPEAT" button twice. Hitting it once will usually repeat only the presently playing track so hit the button two (2) times and it will replay the CD over and over. The CD will play roughly two and a quarter times through the entire length of the movie.

Now start the video and fast forward past all the preview junk (about five minutes worth on the THX version) at the beginning and watch for the THX Digital logo to pop up. Now get the tape to the very beginning where the BLACK & WHITE MGM lion roars. After the BLACK & WHITE MGM Lion roars for the THIRD (3rd) time IMMEDIATELY hit the play button on the CD player.

The credits begin to roll, and the ambient noise that opens the album begins. You know the synchronicity will work if the music kicks in just as Produced by Mervyn Leroy pops up.

Now, we would suggest you stop reading here and experience it first. It is much more fun to watch it without knowing, ahead of time, what you are going to see. Otherwise, from here, we are going to take you on a step by step tour of the scenes and music as they occur.
The coincidence eeirily begins when the album says, "... Look around ..." which prompts Dorothy to look around.
As the line "balanced on the biggest wave" from Breathe is uttered, Dorothy teeters on the rail of the pig-sty.
She then breaks into a trot just as the line "No one told you when to run" from Time is heard.
The chimes in Time go off at the appearance of Mrs Gulch (Wicked Witch of the West) on the bicycle and the chimes stop when she gets off the bike. "I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good ..."
"... Home, home again ..." as Professor Marvel tells Dorothy that she needs to go back home.
The Great Gig in the Sky begins as the tornado appears and lasts exactly the length of the storm. On the record, this song is the end of the first side of the album and ironically, as Dorothy slowly pushes open the door, the black and white portion of the film ends, Oz appears in brash color, and "cha-ching," Money begins exactly on cue.
The munchkins begin to dance to the tempo of Money.
Before the Wicked Witch appears in a cloud of smoke, dressed in her black dress, just as the word "Black" is uttered in Us and Them.
Then the scene changes as Dorothy leaves Munchkin Land at the same time that "Us and Them" changes to "Any Colour You Like" The Scarecrow starts dancing just as "The lunatic is on the grass" is heard.
"... And everyone you meet..." is uttered as Dorothy meets the Tin Woodsman.
And the album ends with a slowly beating heartbeat, which comes just as Dorothy bangs on the Tin Man's chest to see if he's got a heart.

Now, if you've set up your CD player to repeat, the coincidences continue from here. Unfortunately, due to replay speeds, it is more difficult to match the album to the movie. But here are a few of the scenes you might catch!

When "... and high you fly ..." is spoken during Breathe, the Wicked Witch stands on top of the house with her flying broom.
On the Run then presents "... Shorter of breath and one day closer to death..." as Dorothy and Cowardly Lion appear to be dead.
This time, Money plays while they are in the Emerald City - "Cha-Ching" is heard as the Wicked Witch writes "Surrender Dorothy" in the sky.
"... Down and out ..." has the flying monkeys swoop down to capture Dorothy, and then fly out of the woods with her in their hands.

Believe it or not, the CD replays for a 3rd time (about half way through) and the coincidences continue! But we'll stop here for now to let you find the rest on your own!
As you find them, be sure to click here to email us or visit our message board to discuss ideas.

Now, get the album, pick up the video and then go back to The Garden to catch up on more rumors, facts, and fictions!

By the way at the end of Dark Side of the Moon, after you hear "There is no dark side of the moon really. As a matter of fact it's all dark ..." you can faintly hear some music playing. Strangely enough it's an orchestral version of The Beatles' Ticket to Ride. Both Pink Floyd and The Beatles recorded at Abbey Roads Studios and they, at times, contributed to each other in one fashion or another; certainly, at times tapes would have been erased and reused. Anyone know why they chose Ticket to Ride?

These Rumor are so popular that it is purported that album sales and video rentals significantly jumped as the story circulated. For more fun links, check out Yahoo! where even their popular "Ask Yahoo!" Q&A forum has been pulled into this legend!

Now,that I knew some things to look for my bootleg copy is actually pretty accurate. The music does change w/ the scenes and other things mentioned in the article. I have to watch the whole thing again!! LOL!! BTW,you can d/l it on like Kazaa,WinMx or your favorite P2P. It's titled "Dark Side Of The Rainbow". But the music ONLY plays one time around and it's about 43 minutes long.

:)