Basketball
powerlifitng

CheerMom
01-06-2005, 03:46 PM
You know I voted for powerlifting!!:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
You know I voted for powerlifting!!:D im glad to see that powerlifting is winning so far. i have been researching what other states do in the sport and how they fair, and to be quite honest w/ you, thspa, even though they are just high schoolers, have better over all numbers for turnouts at meets, records and the general average of what a total is in every weight class. im fully expecting to see atleast 3/4's of the olympic powerlifting team to be from texas in 2008.

CheerMom
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
im glad to see that powerlifting is winning so far. i have been researching what other states do in the sport and how they fair, and to be quite honest w/ you, thspa, even though they are just high schoolers, have better over all numbers for turnouts at meets, records and the general average of what a total is in every weight class. im fully expecting to see atleast 3/4's of the olympic powerlifting team to be from texas in 2008.

Powerlifting is my daughter's favorite sport. She's excited this year, because they have a Coach who is big into the sport, and is very motivational. We're hoping for an awesome team this year!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-06-2005, 04:37 PM
its my favorite sport, well its tied w/ football, but its the sport im better at, i have a little brother that is doing it. my little sis did it last year, but i hear she doesnt want to do it again because she wants to be rebellious and do something different. where is your daughters first meet? i think lake worth is going to decatur for there first meet this year.

CheerMom
01-06-2005, 04:54 PM
I thought it was going to be in Giddings next weekend, but her Coach told me today that they are not going. Will find out today when she gets home from practice with a revised schedule.
Good Luck to your brother, and your sister in whatever it is she decides to do!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-06-2005, 04:58 PM
yea my sis is at that age where they like to rebel. but the problem is she doesnt have much to rebel towards, because i have 4 bros and two sisters, so her options are slim. my lil bro should make it to atleast regionals this year, he told me he is sitting at around an 870 total in the bottom of the 123 class, probably about 116. on a side note i asked him to send me one of the flyers w/ the meet records on it, i broke all of them my senior year in the 132 class.

CheerMom
01-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
yea my sis is at that age where they like to rebel. but the problem is she doesnt have much to rebel towards, because i have 4 bros and two sisters, so her options are slim. my lil bro should make it to atleast regionals this year, he told me he is sitting at around an 870 total in the bottom of the 123 class, probably about 116. on a side note i asked him to send me one of the flyers w/ the meet records on it, i broke all of them my senior year in the 132 class.

Wow, that's something to be proud of!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-06-2005, 07:17 PM
i was at the time, now i have my eyes set on bigger things. cough cough, the olympics in 2008 cough...anyway, what region does your daughter lift in? LW is in reg 6, and will be d2 this year, like all other 3a schools.