PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will go first overall in the NFL draft?

Sintonfbplayer04
01-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Many of great college athletes to choose from, but I am gonna have to stay with C. Benson. That mean The 49er's will end up getting Benson. That will be San Francisco's best player since Jerry Rice left.

kaorder1999
01-06-2005, 02:37 PM
id have to disagre with that. Benson is good but I just dont see him being the first pick in the draft. THere are also a handful of other players I would say that San Fran has had since Jerry Rice. Terrell Owens is just one that comes to mind.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
when did steve young leave the 49er's?

Leopards,class of 75
01-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
when did steve young leave the 49er's? Steve's last year with the 49er's was in 1997. He played 15 seasons, including 2 years in the U.S.F.L.

Astrosdawg07
01-06-2005, 10:57 PM
I think if Rogers has a shot to go 1st.

injuredinmelee
01-07-2005, 02:48 AM
If Lienart comes out hes first pick regardless. I think dallas needs to try and get Derrick Johnson. They need some linebackers

big daddy russ
01-07-2005, 02:50 PM
San Fran needs a QB badly. Rogers is the best in the draft. Seems like a nice marraige to me.

LALK
01-07-2005, 03:01 PM
i don't like rogers...i believe lienart is the best choice for the QB position...as for dallas...they need a QB...vinny sucks...henson sucks....a QB with a LB or DB would be nice

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-07-2005, 03:22 PM
i agree, dallas needs to get a good rookie qb and train them to be a great player. stop messing w/ the free-agency and get someone young who will last.

big daddy russ
01-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LALK
i don't like rogers...i believe lienart is the best choice for the QB position...as for dallas...they need a QB...vinny sucks...henson sucks....a QB with a LB or DB would be nice I figured Dallas would either concentrate on their aging O-line or maybe pick up Derrick Johnson if he's still there. I could also see them going after a cover corner like Antrel Rolle. If Rolle, Johnson and the top two linemen (Ferguson and Barron) are gone I see them either getting Ahmad Brooks or trading down. Henson just needs a little time... QB's don't turn into superstars overnight.

JasperDog94
01-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Dallas would have to move up significantly in the draft to get any on these guys. They don't have a top 10 pick.

big daddy russ
01-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Dallas would have to move up significantly in the draft to get any on these guys. They don't have a top 10 pick. Just saw that they slipped to number 12. Still, players fall fast and fall hard. With all the weight NFL scouts put into the combine, nobodys tend to become household names. Remember Mike Mamula? That always pushes a few blue-chippers down into the middle of the round.

ej2525
01-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
when did steve young leave the 49er's?

Career ended in 1999. Was with SF 87 - 99!

YBS
01-07-2005, 08:14 PM
I seriously doubt Benson...I also think people are gonna be down on Rogers, but it depends on his combine. I say Leinart and hope he doesn't end up another Heath Shuler :(

Highschoolfan78
01-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Benson wont go till the later part of the draft. I believe san fran needs a QB first off. Teams that probably would be interested in Benson first round would be the Detroits, Cardinals, Titans, someone who needs a running game.

Bulldog_12
01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
WOW! The poll blew my mind. I though I was going crazy. The topic was who goes first in the draft and I was like, " These teams will mostly pick last in the draft" Then I realized the poll had nothing to do with the topic. But anyways, if Leinart leaves USC, I think he will go first followed by Benson. Just think, if USC's coach left and went to the niners, he could coach leinart all over again. Interesting.

Astrosdawg07
01-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
WOW! The poll blew my mind. I though I was going crazy. The topic was who goes first in the draft and I was like, " These teams will mostly pick last in the draft" Then I realized the poll had nothing to do with the topic. But anyways, if Leinart leaves USC, I think he will go first followed by Benson. Just think, if USC's coach left and went to the niners, he could coach leinart all over again. Interesting.

Has his name been thrown in the mix for that job? If that is the case and Leinart does decides to come out I'd bet the USC coach would be shoe in! But I don't think Rattay is that bad of a QB.:thinking: