PDA

View Full Version : Selvin Young..UT

Tidal Wave
01-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Will he be better than Benson?..he is quicker...may give Peterson a run for his money....

Gsquared
01-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Selvin is quicker but not near as strong imo. I think Hardeman would have been the man to replace El Ced but ya gotta stay out of trouble. Selvin better be the man this next year!!!

Phil C
01-06-2005, 12:35 PM
I know this will show my ignorance being a UT fan and all but who is this Selvin Young?

(A question is never stupid if you don't know the answer to it.)

KTJ
01-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Selvin was Ced's backup until he got hurt in the Arkansas game.

Port_town_texas
01-06-2005, 12:48 PM
If Jamaal gets the right reps in practice he WILL be the starting RB for the 'Horns. period. no offense to the guys at RB but Jamaal is a year ahead of all of them.

Phil C
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Selvin was Ced's backup until he got hurt in the Arkansas game.

Thank you KTJ! You came throught again. It is almost too bad he didn't get hurt before the season began so he could have been redshirted.

Cat22
01-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
If Jamaal gets the right reps in practice he WILL be the starting RB for the 'Horns. period. no offense to the guys at RB but Jamaal is a year ahead of all of them.

I agree, Jamaal Charles may be the starter next year as a true freshman. If he can duplicate what he did in High School, then the Longhorns future looks bright.

KTJ
01-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
I agree, Jamaal Charles may be the starter next year as a true freshman. If he can duplicate what he did in High School, then the Longhorns future looks bright.

With the history of Mack Brown and freshmen playing on his teams, I wouldn't count on this one bit.

kaorder1999
01-06-2005, 02:13 PM
young will never be as good as peterson...he can only wish

Goldenstick
01-06-2005, 02:28 PM
The Longhorn offense will be better with S.Young in the backfield. He gives the Horns something they haven't had the last 4 years......Breakaway speed. With Vince and Selvin in the backfield, the Horns will have two weapons that can take it the distance any play. J.Charles may also be a factor but he may be red-shirted. If J.Charles puts on some bulk he will be the next great Longhorn RB

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-06-2005, 02:31 PM
so if this holds true, do you think the horns may go to mroe of a run and gun or option based offense? or do you think they will continue w/ the spread variation to keep people from keying on anyone player?

Port_town_texas
01-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
so if this holds true, do you think the horns may go to mroe of a run and gun or option based offense? or do you think they will continue w/ the spread variation to keep people from keying on anyone player? Spread. dont wanna get Young or charles killed.

WoodvilleFan
01-06-2005, 03:14 PM
If Jamaal gets the right reps in practice he WILL be the starting RB for the 'Horns. period. no offense to the guys at RB but Jamaal is a year ahead of all of them. Jamaal will be a good back for UT over his career but I think next year belongs to Ramonce Taylor.

Port_town_texas
01-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by WoodvilleFan
Jamaal will be a good back for UT over his career but I think next year belongs to Ramonce Taylor. Taylor is good. But he doesn't have the RB mentality Jamaal does. he doesn't have the SPEED Jamaal does. and he doesn't hit the hole with authority like Jamaal does.:D

Astrosdawg07
01-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
Will he be better than Benson?..he is quicker...may give Peterson a run for his money....

If he can stay healthy, he will be good to say the least. But better than Benson....I don't know about all that.

DawgFan91
01-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Taylor is good. But he doesn't have the RB mentality Jamaal does. he doesn't have the SPEED Jamaal does. and he doesn't hit the hole with authority like Jamaal does.:D

I hope Jamaal is as good as you think he is. I think Selvin Young is going to be a great back for Texas next year and Taylor will do pretty much what he did this year...make big plays. Everybody thought Texas would struggle when R. Williams left but Hodges Mitchell had a great year. I think Selvin will do similar. He's a lot bigger than when he first arrived at UT and he is faster than Benson.

One thing though, are you sure Ramonce doesn't have the speed that Jamaal does because everytime he got the ball in the Rose Bowl Keith Jackson acted like he was the fastest man on the planet...???

TMer25
01-06-2005, 07:51 PM
I haven't seen Jamaal Charles run, but I would be really surprised if he was considerably faster than Taylor.