PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny

Balboa
01-06-2005, 11:29 AM
anybody know who is planning on getting this job .....Heard on another site Cherry form Bay City name was thrown in the mix

pancho villa
01-06-2005, 11:59 AM
I heard that also.

scotty
01-07-2005, 07:17 PM
It’s my understanding that Tommy Zajicek has the inside track. He coached there for many years and was very successful. I believe he continues to live in Sweeny and is in administration. He’s been aiming to get back into coaching and especially now because he has a son that is something like a freshman and he would like to coach him (much like Bob Gillis who left El Campo to be AD in Victoria but came back to EC so he could coach his son). The few dealing I had with Zajicek, I saw him as a very fine positive person. And after talking to some people who coached with him they say he is a super individual. The times I spoke to him were after Sealy had really waxed them in the playoffs and he dealt with it in a positive, respectable manner.
Year in and year out Sweeny has great talent. And with the talent they have I can only cringe at what a T.J. Mills could do in Sweeny. And it looks as though he may be available.