PDA

View Full Version : What About Stoops!

Phil C
01-05-2005, 02:40 PM
I know OK and others have crowed or complained about Coach Mack not winning the big one but Coach Stoops has been at OK for five years 1999 - 2004 and has lost at least two games a year including last year's colapse in their last two games and except for this year and 2000 and remember this year they got whipped bad by USC for the National Championship. I know in 2000 OK was 13 - 0 and were national champions but we have to remember that he did it mainly with talent that year obtained by the prior Coach Blake who was fired after just 3 years (sort of like Notre Shame - I mean Notre Dame did - please excuse the inadvertent typo.) I wonder if OK fans will start howling. We will see. :)

Port_town_texas
01-05-2005, 02:51 PM
? i dunno.

pirate44
01-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I know OK and others have crowed or complained about Coach Mack not winning the big one but Coach Stoops has been at OK for five years 1999 - 2004 and has lost at least two games a year including last year's colapse in their last two games and except for this year and 2000 and remember this year they got whipped bad by USC for the National Championship. I know in 2000 OK was 13 - 0 and were national champions but we have to remember that he did it mainly with talent that year obtained by the prior Coach Blake who was fired after just 3 years (sort of like Notre Shame - I mean Notre Dame did - please excuse the inadvertent typo.) I wonder if OK fans will start howling. We will see. :)
LOL..i always get my sh's mixed up with my d's.:D

Bullaholic
01-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Phil--Rest assured Stoops is still "devine" in OK. Next year will be a pivotal year for him at OU, with all of the players they are losing. If OU has a down year next season, and the right NFL coaching job becomes available, I think he will give the NFL a much longer "look".

Astrosdawg07
01-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Phil--Rest assured Stoops is still "devine" in OK. Next year will be a pivotal year for him at OU, with all of the players they are losing. If OU has a down year next season, and the right NFL coaching job becomes available, I think he will give the NFL a much longer "look".

If Big Bill ever leaves the ranch I would love to have Stoops replace him.

kaorder1999
01-05-2005, 03:12 PM
because Mack Brown cant win the big game that gets them to the BIG game. Brown hasnt coached in a National Championship game. Ou is losing in the Naitonal Championship game and Texas is losing games that causes them to miss their own Conference CHampionship game!

raider red 2000
01-05-2005, 03:25 PM
mack should be happy....new contract....just cant seem to beat ou. i think that stoops does a great job. it is sad taht people would want to get rid of either coach. i would love for tech to win 10 or 11 games a year. i think that one reason why mack is looked at like that is because he is probably the best recruiter in the country. he did it UNC and now at UT. having some media guys say that you have the best recruiting class in the country year after year and dont win the natl championship is high expectations.

also, remeber that ou won it all a few years ago and has been back several times. UT hasnt wona national championship since the yar that joe namath won the super bowl with the jets. thats quite a while.

Phil C
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
mack should be happy....new contract....just cant seem to beat ou. i think that stoops does a great job. it is sad taht people would want to get rid of either coach. i would love for tech to win 10 or 11 games a year. i think that one reason why mack is looked at like that is because he is probably the best recruiter in the country. he did it UNC and now at UT. having some media guys say that you have the best recruiting class in the country year after year and dont win the natl championship is high expectations.

also, remeber that ou won it all a few years ago and has been back several times. UT hasnt wona national championship since the yar that joe namath won the super bowl with the jets. thats quite a while.

Raider don't forget that just two years ago Texas won the national Championship in baseball.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 03:31 PM
correct me if im wrong, but didnt texas win the football national championship in '95?

HighSchool Fan
01-05-2005, 03:32 PM
i think the last time Texas won the national championship in football was 1969.

raider red 2000
01-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Raider don't forget that just two years ago Texas won the national Championship in baseball.

i as a red raider would like that also....tech has had a couple of individual things such as cross country but the only team championship that i am aware of was the lady raiders (bb) hopefully tech will get one in football, basketball, or baseball someday.

Astrosdawg07
01-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i think the last time Texas won the national championship in football was 1969.

Wrong again:D it was 1970, they won back to back in '69 & '70.

Astrosdawg07
01-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
correct me if im wrong, but didnt texas win the football national championship in '95?

In '95 they won the Southwest Conference title but lost in the Sugar Bowl to V-Tech.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 03:44 PM
you got to it before me astrodawg, i was just about to post that.

HighSchool Fan
01-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Wrong again:D it was 1970, they won back to back in '69 & '70.

Wrong again? That was the first time this year. :D

Atleast I was right about Gilmer winning :p

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 04:10 PM
it was 1970 high school fan, im sure astrosdawg did some research too, the lost to notre dame in the game, but the isu(?) poll still had them as the national champs.

HighSchool Fan
01-05-2005, 04:13 PM
I wasn't questioning him about him being right or wrong. I never said that he was wrong. I said it was the first time this year that I was wrong.:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 04:24 PM
oh, my mistake.

HighSchool Fan
01-05-2005, 04:26 PM
that's ok bro, now you've made your first mistake this year :D

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 04:29 PM
ok...i thought i made it last week when i stuffed 11 cookies into the vcr, but i guess we can count that as last year, since i didnt use my one mistake to be made last year...

YBS
01-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Wrong again? That was the first time this year. :D

Atleast I was right about Gilmer winning :p

Here we go again...:clap:

big daddy russ
01-06-2005, 02:27 AM
correct me if im wrong, but didnt texas win the football national championship in '95? You know what's weird... I was in high school back then and it was all A&M in those days. Those were the Aggies' golden years, when they came into every season expected to contend for the national championship (hell, they were ranked number one for several straight weeks in the '93 season) and UT was more the redheaded stepchild. My my, how times have changed.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
01-06-2005, 03:46 AM
hmm

Leopards,class of 75
01-07-2005, 11:20 PM
correct me if im wrong, but didnt texas win the football national championship in '95? The answer is no, but the Cowboys won the Super Bowl against the Steelers that year!!!!