PDA

View Full Version : who's goign to make a run for the 2005 3a title

Balboa
01-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Just wanted to see what people were thinking as far as next football season

Port_town_texas
01-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Jasper will be back in the title game next year. (D1 I think)as far as winning it, I don't know.

kaorder1999
01-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Forney..... Oh wait...

Why would you be confident enough to think that Jasper will be back in the title game but not confident enough to think they can win it?

Port_town_texas
01-05-2005, 02:41 PM
They are graduating a lot of players that were Freshman when they started on Varsity.

Astrosdawg07
01-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
Jasper will be back in the title game next year. (D1 I think)as far as winning it, I don't know.

I hope but we lost a lot of starters, ala Gilder,Patton, E.Bronson, Malone, Padgett, Larkin... just to name a few.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 04:16 PM
i would think the road to the title game would take more of a toll than the actual game...if you can ge there, you have a ligitimate chance of taking home the trophy, and i must say, this one was started early for next season!!!

HighSchool Fan
01-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Around this time last year, everyone was saying WOS. As you can tell, it's way to early to speculate.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 04:26 PM
yea, but we can always pretend that the football season is in the next couple of weeks, right?

kepdawg
01-05-2005, 04:36 PM
What the heck!

WOS 2005 D1 State Champs!

Jasper 2005 D2 State Champs!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 04:38 PM
ok, well atleast we know kepdawg isnt a homer...:D

kepdawg
01-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
ok, well atleast we know kepdawg isnt a homer...:D

Not being a homer; just trying to stir the pot, a little!

I'd actually be surprised if either of these teams make it to the championship game.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 04:46 PM
i think its a little early to be stiring the pot, the begining of the offseason is more of a time to get to know people and network amongst the board. later on in the offseason, after spring break, like in april and may and on into summer are great times to stir the pot, most people will be itching for football season to start

kepdawg
01-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Maybe I need to take a visit to the doctor then because I'm already itching!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 04:54 PM
i hear ya bro, i only got to see two games this year. one was my homecomming and we blew them out of the water, but they were one of the worst teams in 3a...im hoping to get to see a few more next year, but im not counting on it.

JasperDog94
01-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
Jasper will be back in the title game next year. (D1 I think)as far as winning it, I don't know. Who's gonna knock Silsbee out to send Jasper D1?

Hupernikomen
01-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Jasper will more than likely be D-II. Shepherd is bring back a very good quarterback and a good coach whose players are going to be the 2nd year under his system. Having said that I can't see Silsbee losing more than 2 district games which is what it will take to put us into D-I.

Black_Magic
01-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Snyder has 9 returning starters on D ( 2 all state honors included ) and 4 starters On offence ( including Both QBs and returning all district OG ) .. Snyder should be tough especialy on D

CheerMom
01-06-2005, 10:10 AM

Bubba-Joe
01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
heard a rumor that Snyder may be with out thier QB next year
Black M. can you confirm or deny this rumor?

Port_town_texas
01-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Who's gonna knock Silsbee out to send Jasper D1? oops meant D2.:D:rolleyes: not. there will be a surprise team i think. I know it wont be Buna..lol

pancho villa
01-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Columbia Roughnecks!

rhino33
01-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What the heck!

WOS 2005 D1 State Champs!

Jasper 2005 D2 State Champs!

i personally dont like how we have 2 divisions, and state champs from each division. i think the uil should have it where the champs from each division play each other to find out who really is the best in 3a in texas

well i hope ranchview does well and makes a run in the playoffs, we had a real wake up call and everyone has been workin hard so far this off season and we are doin a new work out that really produces results, anyway, i wish them luck and hope they do well, i wont be there, i will probably be a Hebron as I am there now.

Black_Magic
01-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
heard a rumor that Snyder may be with out thier QB next year
Black M. can you confirm or deny this rumor? what QB are you talking about? Snyder had two who played alot. Both are comming back. Both have great arms and have good size. I have not heard anything on that.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by rhino33
i personally dont like how we have 2 divisions, and state champs from each division. i think the uil should have it where the champs from each division play each other to find out who really is the best in 3a in texas

well i hope ranchview does well and makes a run in the playoffs, we had a real wake up call and everyone has been workin hard so far this off season and we are doin a new work out that really produces results, anyway, i wish them luck and hope they do well, i wont be there, i will probably be a Hebron as I am there now. well now that they have some varsity experience to help them out and to know how fast it is played, i think they will be a definate contender next year for a run in the playoffs.

neck_06
01-06-2005, 04:35 PM
i'm saying the same thing that i said this year, the winner of the West Columbia/Cuero game in the FIRST ROUND (unless Gonzales makes the playoffs) will go on to the D1 state final.

CRHSeagle
01-06-2005, 05:53 PM
what about decatur, wylie or gilmer? do they have enough talent to make a serious run.

gobbler grad
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Cuero will there again...we may be losing almost all our starters, but we got plenty to take over...WE'LL BE BACK... :p

GO MEAN GREEN

crabman
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I would put money on Wimberly right now. Flat out the best coached and most talented team Cuero played all year, Wylie included. Lots of young guys too.

Gilmer Buckeye
01-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
what about decatur, wylie or gilmer? do they have enough talent to make a serious run.

Gilmer's nearly always going to have enough talent to make a serious run. I say even after losing 25 seniors, including 4 Div IA recruits, the Buckeyes go to at least the third round in 2005. They'll probably do even better than that. We have usually underestimated them in recent years.

SHS
01-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Silsbee is losing 4 on offense and 5 on defense, but after our JV went 9-1 and our offseason, I don't think filling in those spots are going to be hard for next season. We still have alot of playmakers commin back.

Old Cardinal
01-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Silsbee, Bridge City and Kirbyville will be loaded with returnees and all will be extremely competitive next fall.

Chris Hart
01-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Liberty Hill should be good again. Wimberley should have a chance as well from around central Texas.

TheDOCTORdre
01-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Sweetwater will be a team that could make a run for the title. They lost their QB Thompson, but Kendal Carillio will step up as QB, we all know how good the last Carillio QB was, and I think Kendal is better. Also Sweewater has a bunch of speed returning Joseph Banyard, Skye Green, Eric Brown and Duone Cunnings will all be juniors next year. On defense Brittan Pitttman, Russel Clayton, Brandon Fangman, and Justin Adames will be back. I think the Stangs could be in that D2 title game

LHMom
01-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Liberty Hill should be good again. Wimberley should have a chance as well from around central Texas.

You know it! The CATS will be back!

Hupernikomen
01-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by SHS
Silsbee is losing 4 on offense and 5 on defense, but after our JV went 9-1 and our offseason, I don't think filling in those spots are going to be hard for next season. We still have alot of playmakers commin back.

who did the jv lose to?

NSUTrumpet08
01-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Let's go Jasper! :)

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-07-2005, 08:10 PM
im gonna post the obvious...EVERYONE should make a run for the title, other wise, why even suit up?

SHS
01-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
who did the jv lose to?

BRIDGE CITY 7-0, WE HAD 5 SOPHOMORES ON VARSITY THIS PAST SEASON.

Astrosdawg07
01-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by SHS
BRIDGE CITY 7-0, WE HAD 5 SOPHOMORES ON VARSITY THIS PAST SEASON.

Durn....I hope Silsebee wins div. 1 and Jasper wins div. 2 that would be awesome. I wonder if that has ever happened before...2 teams in the same district winning state titles each in the same year and sport:confused:

j_dog
01-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Durn....I hope Silsebee wins div. 1 and Jasper wins div. 2 that would be awesome. I wonder if that has ever happened before...2 teams in the same district winning state titles each in the same year and sport:confused:
It has happened at least once. Judson and Roosevelt did it in 5a a few years ago.

The one I like better is the Jasper boys and girls each winning state in 4a track on the same night back in 1991. :) I guess that counts as being out of the same district and the same sport. ;)

rattlerbb01
01-08-2005, 01:16 AM
here is a better question. who is gonna be the big spoiler for one of these superpowers? remember that the number one spot in the 3A poll changed hands in the first 4 or 5 weeks consecutively. by the way, thanks to liberty hill on taking out manor that week. i wasn't especially pulling for the mustangs.

LH Panther Mom
01-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by rattlerbb01
by the way, thanks to liberty hill on taking out manor that week. i wasn't especially pulling for the mustangs.

It was our pleasure. :)

Johnny Moxen
01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I think Wylie has an opportunity to return. We lost 37 Seniors, however we return about 29 Juniors (one of which is the QB who happens to be a three year starter). We had about 30 + Sophmores on the JV so depth should not be a problem.

Replacing Crump and Wolfe on the line as well as Kiger (the RB) and Poorman (the WR) will not be easy. But as they say in Clyde, "Wylie doesn't rebuild, they just reload".

Jody
01-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I have no idea who because there are so many that are capable of doing it and staying healthy will make or break some of those. I will say this: Both D-1 and D-2 state champs will come from east of the San Jacinto river.

Also, WOS WILL NOT be one of those two!

JasperDog94
01-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Durn....I hope Silsebee wins div. 1 and Jasper wins div. 2 that would be awesome. I wonder if that has ever happened before...2 teams in the same district winning state titles each in the same year and sport:confused: Lamarque and Texas City in 4A a few years ago.

dogdad
01-10-2005, 09:50 PM
watch out for Kennedale next season

Royse City will be good again

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wylie repeat

Old Cardinal
01-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Jody, I would agree that the odds are that the Div. I & Div. II Champs will come from east of the San Jacinto. The Dist's with strenght include-- H-H, BH and several others; Bridge City and WO-S will be tough this coming season; and of course the Dist. with Kirbyville, Silsbee & Jasper WOW. Personally I think Jasper may not be the dominate post season team up there. The other two will have the playoff depth advantage (for the first time) this season.
The other strong area is out around Sweetwater, Snyder and Abilene Wylie. I think our surviving teams down on the coast will be playing them for the Championships.

BHKrystal06
01-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Columbia Roughnecks!
Doubt it...:rolleyes:

89JDAWG
01-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Jody, I would agree that the odds are that the Div. I & Div. II Champs will come from east of the San Jacinto. The Dist's with strenght include-- H-H, BH and several others; Bridge City and WO-S will be tough this coming season; and of course the Dist. with Kirbyville, Silsbee & Jasper WOW. Personally I think Jasper may not be the dominate post season team up there. The other two will have the playoff depth advantage (for the first time) this season.
The other strong area is out around Sweetwater, Snyder and Abilene Wylie. I think our surviving teams down on the coast will be playing them for the Championships.

silsbee lost in the first round, thats not much depth! Kville in the 3rd a little better. So how can that be a depth advantage (for the first time) The last three years Jasper went to the D1 semi's twice (4th) and D2 state (6th round) But I understand what you are attempting to say I would love to see a Jasper-kville regional final like the BC-jasper game in the astrodome that was fun. But their is alot of great teams in reg 3. cameron will be real strong next year along with marlin and lets not forget our first round game with Dibol 13-0 they are always competitive.

Jody
01-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I would agree 100%, however as much as I hate to admit it, with Jasper's QB returning they will be in the hunt for at least 2-3 games deep (if not further).

I also have to give a nod to West Columbia.

Necked
01-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Jody

They will have to replace two All-State players on the Defensive line, but just about everyone else returns next season, including all their top skills players. Should be another good year for them...

AggieJohn
01-11-2005, 08:57 PM
well if liberty can make it to the playoffs and win their first 5 games in the playoffs then my projection is they will have a chance for the 3a title

j_dog
01-11-2005, 11:58 PM
I would agree 100%, however as much as I hate to admit it, with Jasper's QB returning they will be in the hunt for at least 2-3 games deep (if not further).

Hi Jody, I bet that did hurt you to say that! :D

Actually, at the end of week 10, I would have agreed with OC's assessment. But after week 16, and seeing how many underclassmen Jasper pulled up to start in the playoffs, I think Jasper might be pretty salty in 2005. Of course, it starts wtih the QB but there are some other very good young starters coming back with the experience of of making it six games deep in the playoffs. We should have a pretty good idea after the first few games because Jasper will be playing another of those tough pre-season schedules.

Astrosdawg07
01-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by j_dog

Actually, at the end of week 10, I would have agreed with OC's assessment. But after week 16, and seeing how many underclassmen Jasper pulled up to start in the playoffs, I think Jasper might be pretty salty in 2005. Of course, it starts wtih the QB but there are some other very good young starters coming back with the experience of of making it six games deep in the playoffs. We should have a pretty good idea after the first few games because Jasper will be playing another of those tough pre-season schedules.

The O-Line for sure will be mostly seniors, that never hurts.

WylieOL
01-12-2005, 12:29 AM
if any team can win dist 4 3a outright they will have a good chance

sweetwater
snyder
wylie--repeat
clyde
merkel

Jody
01-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
well if liberty can make it to the playoffs and win their first 5 games in the playoffs then my projection is they will have a chance for the 3a title

Liberty has a good old fashion butt kicking coming 2005. BH and Huffman will absolutely beat the ever living....well you know.

Jody
01-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by j_dog

I am suprised to see you rooting for Jasper....hahaha...just kidding.

Those fish biting yet? Hup needs some Bass Fishing lessons. :D

Jody
01-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by WylieOL
if any team can win dist 4 3a outright they will have a good chance

sweetwater
snyder
wylie--repeat
clyde
merkel

3 good teams in that list.

eagleman
01-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Because everyone has left us out I'll have to speak up for the Panhandle teams. Canyon should repeat as Dist champs and should pose a threat post-season. returning all skill positions except for quarterback and will need to replace a couple of lineman but JV was 9-1 and Freshman 10-0 so a lot of good players moving up.

spiveyrat
01-13-2005, 02:30 PM

HEY! There will be NO talk about bass fishing on here while some of us are dealing with our lakes being frozen over!!! ;)

Hupernikomen
01-13-2005, 02:54 PM

I am off monday if you wanna give me one of those lesson ;)

Jody
01-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I am off monday if you wanna give me one of those lesson ;)

We need to go up and see JDOG and wet a hook at his place. It's been a while since he has recited every know Jasper sport statistic since 1912 to us.........:D :D :D

Hupernikomen
01-13-2005, 03:18 PM
If I remember correctly is was 1902...have to ask jdog about that one though :D

JasperDog94
01-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Ya'll make sure and let me know when you're going. I could bring my boat so more of us can go and not be so crowded.;)

Sorry Spivey...:devil:

Did I forget to mention that I went to a local pond two weeks ago and caught a 3 pounder on my 4th cast?:D :D :D

spiveyrat
01-13-2005, 03:45 PM
:tongue:

JasperDog94
01-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Now be nice. Remember who's gonna get you a video of the state championship game.:p :p