PDA

View Full Version : Worse performance Benson or Peterson?

Hupernikomen
01-05-2005, 10:52 AM
So which running back had the worst performance in their one loss?

I think it is quiet interesting that Peterson became the golden child after taking the stage against UT. Benson had a tremendous year save the poor showing against OU.

The poll is whose performance was worst during their teams loss Benson against OU or Peterson against USC??

Bullaholic
01-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Huper...your poll is straight forward, and I don't want to "cloud" the issue, but the question would have to be further refined to ask--which defense is better against the run--Michigan or USC. Even so, I thought Benson fared slightly better than Peterson---the Michigan "D" was not as dominating as USC's.

Hupernikomen
01-05-2005, 12:58 PM
perhaps I shouldn't have clouded the issue with mentioning Benson performance against michigan..the poll is for their performance during the game each team lost...texas against OU and OU against USC...I will go edit out that line to keep from the confusion.

gobbler grad
01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
USC just had Peterson's number from the get go and there was nothing OU could do about it...

YBS
01-05-2005, 06:10 PM
I thought Peterson was nearly indestructible myself until last night. I think now if you compare their losses only, Benson unquestionably gets the nod b/c Peterson's team got blew out. Then again, neither players were a factor in either loss...I don't know :confused:

jason
01-05-2005, 06:40 PM
benson and texas - won rose bowl
peterson and ou - embarassed in the orange bowl

peterson gets my vote

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
The poll is whose performance was worst during their teams loss Benson against OU or Peterson against USC??

Originally posted by jason
benson and texas - won rose bowl
peterson and ou - embarassed in the orange bowl

peterson gets my vote

Reading is a valuable tool. :D

Hupernikomen
01-06-2005, 12:20 AM
only a mom could get away with that one..

Leopards,class of 75
01-06-2005, 12:20 AM
That would be close to a tie to me. Neither one of them had a good game in those games.

jason
01-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Reading is a valuable tool. :D well...i felt that the bowl games were more important...so i voted based on that mind-thought....:D :D

actually i didnt, i was just tryin to cover my own @$$ lol.....:p :p

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
only a mom could get away with that one..

Of course! :D ;)

YBS
01-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah, to perform poorly in a bowl game IS worse, but the Red River is darn near a bowl game every year anyway. Peterson performed worse...

cdlvj
01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
A lot has to be said on how the defensive coaching was able to neutralize these two.
Same thing on the blocking scheme against no 11 (texas) who was totally ineffective.