PDA

View Full Version : Greenwoods - Bob Purser retires

Bubba-Joe
01-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Strong rumor that Bob Purser, who recently led the Rangers to a State Championship apperance has resigned his position at Midland Greenwood.
Rumor has it that the Greenwood Supt forced this action.
Thanks Coach Purser for your hard work and dedication as a coach
Ranger Mom what is your take on this ???

Ranger Mom
01-05-2005, 12:43 PM
I can't put the blame solely on the superintendent. I know they haven't always seen eye to eye on everything, but overall, I believe they had a pretty good working relationship.

IMO, this has been coming for a while. Purser has put in for several different jobs over the past 3 years...San Angelo, Andrews and Midland Lee.

I have to agree with Green Ranger, I would love to see Coach Pat Liles come back and head the team. He was our DC the year we went to State and left to be an asst. DC at Midland Lee the next year.

I was told when asked if he would ever consider taking the head position in Greenwood, he replied, "Heck yeah!! Why do you think I kept my house there?" His wife is a Science teacher in the middle school.

Also leaving, from what I heard, is Coach Billy Kidd! As a mom, I didn't care for some of his coaching practices, but the kids absolutely loved him!

Both Purser and Kidd will be missed. I just hope we are able to find coaches to fill their shoes!

Green Ranger
01-05-2005, 01:44 PM
I have read other forums and they have pointed at Barber as being the problem. I have said and will continue to back Barber, although things may not be great there, he has turned that school district around completely since he has been there. I also saw this on another forum:

Both the principal and asst. principal at the high school were long time assistants for coach purser. I don't see how either of them could be a problem.

The asst. principal is a great man and would gladly go back to work for him. I am not going to say the blame goes to the principal, however, the supt cannot do anything when the principal covers things up and does not go through the proper procedures. As much as I would love to see Coach Liles come back to Greenwood I do not think it will happen because of the prinicipal.

I wish Coach Purser and Coach Kidd the very best. Both are great men. And yes, Kidd could get energetic at times, but the kids loved him and when it came down to it he got to business. He was a great coach and teacher. Purser as well, class act. Bes Wishes to both of them.

Bubba-Joe
01-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Who is the Principal at Greenwood High ??

Bubba-Joe
01-06-2005, 10:17 AM
back to front page..