View Full Version : Bigger embarassment to the big 12

jason
01-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Geez.....last night was bad....

but which was worse ??

Spaceman_Spiff
01-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Jason,

I think that last night was worse, because it was a National Championship game. How many times have you seen a big game turn ugly because of a big time mental mistake like the muffed punt return?

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Definitely last night, IMO, since it was for the National Championship. Of course, any team can have a bad game & both teams did without a doubt.

89JDAWG
01-05-2005, 09:06 AM
that was hard to watch!!!

setex
01-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Thank the heavens for Mack Brown and Mike Leach.

Did I really say that?

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by setex
Thank the heavens for Mack Brown and Mike Leach.

Did I really say that?

That sounds funny, but it is so true. Yes, Oklahoma was the best of the best here in the Big 12 and that performance last night was terrible.

vet93
01-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Both A&M and OU fell prey to early turnovers that cost them not only points but more importantly the mental edge. In big games, early turnovers that lead to quick leads can often cause a team to throw in the towel mentally. When there is blood in the water...the other teams keeps up the intensity and you have the recipe for a blowout. Without question I think that the best teams won in both of those games but I think that each game would have been much closer without the costly turnovers. Having said all of this....truly outstanding teams can overcome and early deficit if they keep their head in the game.

rhs78
01-05-2005, 11:58 AM
OU's performance was the worst i've seen in a nat'l champ. game. A&M's was just plain Bad!!!! neither team helped the Big 12

BIGGBROTHER
01-05-2005, 12:06 PM
A&M were gonna be beaten
okla at least had a chance
but hey Texas and Tech won!

NSUTrumpet08
01-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Both games were hard to watch but i think the OU/USC game had to take the cake...national championship on the line and wow...

Port_town_texas
01-05-2005, 02:14 PM
I hate UO!!!!!

Phil C
01-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
I hate UO!!!!!

Port you made a mistake! I am sure it is a typo though. It is OU not UO! :)

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 02:56 PM
well now that what is done is done, i rooted for neither team in my heart, but was rooting for the lesser of two evils in my mind (usc) i was glad to know that ou got a butt-whippin, now all texas has to do is watch film on what to do to throw off the game, and do it. in this case is cause turn over early, and lots of them. i voted for the A&M game to be the worst of the two because i thought ou deserved to get their butts whipped. it may be very shallow of me to speak like that of any big 12 school in any bowl, but i have to go w/ my heart, and it says to hate ou

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 02:57 PM
I hate UO!!!!! i think he was maybe trying to use the A&M nickname for ut, but for ou.

Port_town_texas
01-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i think he was maybe trying to use the A&M nickname for ut, but for ou. you the smartest person i know!! lol:clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 03:07 PM
you the smartest person i know!! lol:clap: yea, just dont read the thread entitled " usc.ou game thread" you may want to take your words back, i was having a brain fart at the moment when i posted that...but thanks, i think we definately share a common hatred for ou, and might i add, that hating that team is a very healthy way to live. (just like lucky charms for breakfast lunch and dinner!:D )

Port_town_texas
01-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
yea, just dont read the thread entitled " usc.ou game thread" you may want to take your words back, i was having a brain fart at the moment when i posted that...but thanks, i think we definately share a common hatred for ou, and might i add, that hating that team is a very healthy way to live. (just like lucky charms for breakfast lunch and dinner!:D ) yep!

Phil C
01-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey two nights ago TCM showed the great musical called Oklahoma which was made in 1955 and it was great! The cast was good and talented and Rod Steiger was in a different type role and he was outstanding and amazing and this was early in his career yet he showed the future brilliance that was to be his. It is a great movie with lots of great songs. It will be shown again. One of the amazing things about the movie is the country background looked like the coutryside in Oklahoma! I know because I have been to Oklahoma. Anyway a great movie. Musicals are great but the thing about musicals is that they have a lot of singing in them and sometimes that gets in the way of the story.

gobbler grad
01-05-2005, 05:43 PM
i don't think a #2 team should get beat that bad and have so many turnovers..they were just not ready to play and USC was...USC just kept driving nail after nail into the coffin and finally OU was completely out of pocket...:( :(

lepfan
01-05-2005, 06:02 PM
I think last nights game...because it was a bigger game...:(

JHS_c/o_06'
01-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Id have to say neither...it would be UT los....oh...lol...wait....UT WON the Rose Bowl....haha..my mistake...:rolleyes: :D

Leopards,class of 75
01-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
OU's performance was the worst i've seen in a nat'l champ. game. A&M's was just plain Bad!!!! neither team helped the Big 12 Another nat'l championship game that compared to this one was the 2002 (i think) one. Nebraska got spanked by U of Miami Hurricanes.

sinton66
01-06-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm not an okie fan, but at least they appeared to be trying, and they scored 19 points. I know who sucks worse.:D

Leopards,class of 75
01-06-2005, 12:24 AM
I give O.U. credit where credit is due, they have been in the title chase 3 out of the last 5 years, winning it in 2000. P.S., I am not a sooner fan, but a U.T. fan.