PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest line from rap song

injuredinmelee
01-04-2005, 09:19 PM
I will go on record as saying how much i hate rap and how ignorant it all sounds but i have heard some really dumb ones lately.

Shake it like a polariod picture

Drop it like its hot

Are you serious???

Astrosdawg07
01-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Ya, the talent is pretty sorry.

JettJenkins04
01-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Let's not even go there, if you don't like it then please do not listen.

LH Panther Mom
01-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Ya, the talent is pretty sorry.

:eek: Is that what they're calling talent? :p :D

big daddy russ
01-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Whenever multi-millionaires talk about partying at the Holiday Inn... not the Marriott, the Wyndam, the Omni or Westin... but the Holiday Inn. These guys have partys where their pools are filled with Cristal.

Astrosdawg07
01-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
Let's not even go there, if you don't like it then please do not listen.

Nall, I like some rap, it's just that I don't realy care for Outcast. I like Nelly and Ludacris. Also the new Jay-Z/ Linkin Park album is great.

JettJenkins04
01-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Well if everyone was saying ignorant lines like that, the whole world would be a better place because we all would be MILLIONAIRES.

BHKrystal06
01-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I will go on record as saying how much i hate rap and how ignorant it all sounds but i have heard some really dumb ones lately.

Shake it like a polariod picture

Drop it like its hot

Are you serious???
I hate that song so much....I have to switch stations when it comes on..

Holmes_Fans
01-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Most everything played on the radio is bad, except country.

injuredinmelee
01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
Well if everyone was saying ignorant lines like that, the whole world would be a better place because we all would be MILLIONAIRES.

That has to be the DUMBEST sentence i have ever seen posted on here.

Astrosdawg07
01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans

Maybee too you, everyone has their own style and opinion. However, I happen to like rap, alt. rcok. country, and CHRISTIAN, we all need to listen to that more often.

Holmes_Fans
01-04-2005, 10:09 PM
I can't even listen to KISS fm in dallas. They play the same songs over and over and over.

injuredinmelee
01-04-2005, 10:13 PM
I hate how the repeat the same words over and over and over. Its like that is the only way the people that enjoy the stuff can remember the lyrics.

JHS_c/o_06'
01-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans

Country music is not too far from rap in my opinion....but...thats MY opinion.

Old Tiger
01-04-2005, 10:26 PM
"check out these ice creams" Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like Its Hot

Talking about shoes...

Astrosdawg07
01-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
Country music is not too far from rap in my opinion....but...thats MY opinion.

No lie, w/ Nelly and McGraw coming together.:nerd:

44INAROW
01-04-2005, 10:35 PM
I'll just stick to CLASSIC ROCK from the 70's......... Boston, Moxy, ACDC, Deep Purple, Mountain, Budgie, ZZ TOP, April Wine, Nazareth, BTO etc. When I was in high school, there was a group that played around the Cuero/Victoria area.. anyone hear of HONEST JOHN or NAVASOTA.. man, those guys could rock all night long......... I got grounded for a month.. in 1974 when I skipped school with some friends and went to Houston to see Deep Purple. Having children of my own I now understand why my parents went freaking nuts lol....... but it sure was worth it....... :devil: :devil: :devil:

ILS1
01-04-2005, 10:48 PM
I like most rap. But the dumbest line has to be "You remind me of my Jeep". Or is that line from a Country song?? LOL!!

:)

DaRaiderz
01-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Im a person who literally listens to everything. I listen to today's rap sometimes, but mainstream rap today is awful in general. To pick out one dumb line is impossible. Nelly, Ludacris, Ying Yang, Lil Jon Big Tymers, they all suck. Other than Eminem, they have nothing to say and have no point. Listen to their lyrics instead of the beat. They make absolutely no sense. You want some good rap, go pick up some older rap like Geto Boys We Cant Be Stopped or Till Death Do Us Part, Scarface's The Diary, Street Military's Dont Give a Damn, any UGK CD, Ice Cube's The Predator or 2Pac's Strickly for My ...... Thats Rap. That crap they play on the radio is just something to shake your butt to.

wildstangs
01-04-2005, 10:54 PM
I am very tired of the Abilene Radio Stations....I cant stand Eminem, and it seems like they play him 3 times an hour around here.

Anyone on here have Sirius or XM? I have been thinking about getting one of them.

Astrosdawg07
01-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I am very tired of the Abilene Radio Stations....I cant stand Eminem, and it seems like they play him 3 times an hour around here.

Anyone on here have Sirius or XM? I have been thinking about getting one of them.

I never listen to anything but my XM.

TheDOCTORdre
01-04-2005, 11:48 PM
The problem with most music today is it isnt true to its original form, the rap of today is not the rap that was around when it first started and the same goes for country music which has seem to gone to a hybrid pop-country. When it comes to rap though you will never go wrong with Dr. Dre:D

BHKrystal06
01-04-2005, 11:52 PM
I can't stand country or rap music...

LH Panther Mom
01-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
The problem with most music today is it isnt true to its original form, the rap of today is not the rap that was around when it first started and the same goes for country music which has seem to gone to a hybrid pop-country. When it comes to rap though you will never go wrong with Dr. Dre:D

HA! If I'm forced to listen to rap, I'll have to choose MC. I thought certainly it would never last longer than a year or two. :D

NSUTrumpet08
01-05-2005, 12:54 AM
I just don't like rap...but you can't blame them for making millions...they have their music and most seem to start their own clothing line so they're rakin in millions...i'll applaud rappers for that...

Country...hmm...all i seem to hear are depressing songs...like my wife left me...or I can't get her out of my head...drinking...suicide...i know not all country is like that but that's what i keep hearing...

Personally...me being a weird person...i love 80s music...i don't know why i like it...sure the 80s were a fashion nightmare but i like some of this overly-synthesized songs...haha...

Who can forget Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" or the J. Guiles Band's "Centerfold" or "867-5309" , "Come on Eileen," "Our House," etc...

Some Techno is alright...i don't dance to it but some of em are catchy...

There are some songs on the radio that I like but i have no idea who the artist is or the song...

Just my two cents worth...

Highschoolfan78
01-05-2005, 01:14 AM
I know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody...

Trickdaddy.. or trick or treat pappa or whatever his name is with Lil' john who can only pronounce 3 words because that's all he can fit in his drugged up head. YEAH!OK! WHATTT! they ruined a perfect good Ozzy beat.

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2005, 01:49 AM
dumbest lines from a rap song in my opinion:

I done touched on everything, but little boys
That's not a stab at Michael
That's just a metaphor, I'm just psycho
I go a little bit crazy sometimes
I get a little bit out of control with my rhymes

3afan
01-05-2005, 07:51 AM
dumbest lines from a rap song ?

there are too many to pick just one ...........

pirate44
01-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
dumbest lines from a rap song ?

there are too many to pick just one ...........
thats what i was thinkin.
but im suprised noones put this one:
something something...light up a stage..blah blah...like a candle...something something...poisonous mushroom...blah blah.."
listen up youngsters...robbie van winkle isnt jsut the most pathetic celebrity boxer..he's also the great Vanilla..something or another.

onfirebball05mustang
01-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Maybe to you, everyone has their own style and opinion. However, I happen to like rap, alt. rcok. country, and CHRISTIAN, we all need to listen to that more often.

Hooah! On here we've all agreed to disagree lol

In my opinion the rappers try to appeal to the 'common man' hence some of the language. The money seems to be good for them, so they can go for it. Country you can agree with is great, He left me/she left me drinkin songs aint all bad, just the suicide ones seem pointless.

I'll listen to stuff I can relate to or that motivates me in some way. It can range anywhere from Louie, Louie to Don't Stop Believin' (thanks for remembering that one NSU) to The Gambler and The Greatest. Whatever you can relate to should work. If it be rap or anything else, go for it, sing it, and dance like nobody's watchin'!

Then again, that's just my 'umble opinion.

injuredinmelee
01-05-2005, 10:24 AM
In my opinion the rappers try to appeal to the 'common man' hence some of the language.

the common man dosnt use a gat or call his mom bit&h, or talk about rolling wit da homies.

onfirebball05mustang
01-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
the common man dosnt use a gat or call his mom bit&h, or talk about rolling wit da homies.

I meant, toward the way some 'common men' view themselves...that 'i'm-king-of-the-world-attitude'

NHSRattler60
01-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Ima be a rappa and bee all in yo grill with the newfangled made up words and such.

My name will be Big Pappa David and I'll have 20 bazillion platinum records....

Then I'll melt the Platinum and make necklaces out of it.

After that, Im gonna start makin up words that they rhyme with most of the words in my song.

For Instance:

My dog is little,
Thats for Shizzle,
The other ones fat,
Man thats whack,

What do you guys think? Im a rock fan myself, but like the Linkin Park Jay-Z Collision coarse CD is great to me. Of coarse, everthy thing that Jay-z says....makes sense.

pirate44
01-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Ima be a rappa and bee all in yo grill with the newfangled made up words and such.

My name will be Big Pappa David and I'll have 20 bazillion platinum records....

Then I'll melt the Platinum and make necklaces out of it.

After that, Im gonna start makin up words that they rhyme with most of the words in my song.
hehe. for a moment i thought the first few lines of your post were actual rap lyrics. i was saying to myself, "when is this stuff gonna start rhyming?":D

District303aPastPlayer
01-05-2005, 11:57 AM
the dumbest line from a rap song comes from a Texas boy, who else.. lol

i'll treat you like milk, i'll do nothin but spoil ya

But honestly, we've had this discussion before, and I will still stick to my guns. Listen to the backpackers (ie: Common Sense, Kanye West, Mos Def, Talib Kweli) and you will hear good story telling. Slick Rick, Notorious BIG, Jay Z, Scarface and 2Pac are some great story tellers. Most people will pick out Tupacs violent songs, but they seem to forget "Brenda's Got A Baby" and "I Ain't Mad Atcha." Songs with substance and meaning. The new Jay Z/LP CD is total greatness.

I just have one request... dont stereo type all of rap music by just listening to Lil Jon and the rest of the Crunk era.. there are real good records and songs out :)

YBS
01-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the dumbest line from a rap song comes from a Texas boy, who else.. lol

i'll treat you like milk, i'll do nothin but spoil ya

But honestly, we've had this discussion before, and I will still stick to my guns. Listen to the backpackers (ie: Common Sense, Kanye West, Mos Def, Talib Kweli) and you will hear good story telling. Slick Rick, Notorious BIG, Jay Z, Scarface and 2Pac are some great story tellers. Most people will pick out Tupacs violent songs, but they seem to forget "Brenda's Got A Baby" and "I Ain't Mad Atcha." Songs with substance and meaning. The new Jay Z/LP CD is total greatness.

I just have one request... dont stereo type all of rap music by just listening to Lil Jon and the rest of the Crunk era.. there are real good records and songs out :)

Gotta piggyback off of DistrictPlayer...rap is as diverse as the world and there are as many different types as there are ethnicities. The average American probably won't ever listen to 5 full hours of rap in a 12 month span b/c, just like any other type of music, there's enough selection available through media to listen to what you choose to. Rap/Hip-hop has become very profitable and money-conscious, and b/c of that it SEEMS to be everywhere right now. However, if you choose to listen to a song and then change the channel you will and should. Just be aware of your critiques b/c just like someone can't judge you based on a 3min conversation, rap can't be judged on what you see on MTV during a commercial break. BTW, Outkast is one of the most prolific groups in album sales, concert sales, and media penetration in all musical forms since the Beatles. Yes, even better than Destiny's Child. You have to dig deeper into Outkast than "Shake it like a Polaroid".

Holmes_Fans
01-05-2005, 05:45 PM
I can't stand most rap, but the newest Eminem album is pretty good.

pirate44
01-05-2005, 05:56 PM
i love the way some people get so defensive and talk about rap like it's some kind of fine wine. its no more complex than any other mess on the radio. go critique some Bach or Beetoven and you might have some credibility. if you like rap, great (i used to in the '80s). if you like country, wonderful. its all a matter of taste and if people want to criticize it whether they have a background in it or not, they are exercizing their God given freedom.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 06:03 PM
my only major problem w/ rap was when there was a kid talking about "bangin hoes" and "blasting fools" i find something very wrong ad disturbing about a child talking about doing that.

YBS
01-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i love the way some people get so defensive and talk about rap like it's some kind of fine wine. its no more complex than any other mess on the radio. go critique some Bach or Beetoven and you might have some credibility. if you like rap, great (i used to in the '80s). if you like country, wonderful. its all a matter of taste and if people want to criticize it whether they have a background in it or not, they are exercizing their God given freedom.

Who's defensive now :thinking:

YBS
01-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
my only major problem w/ rap was when there was a kid talking about "bangin hoes" and "blasting fools" i find something very wrong ad disturbing about a child talking about doing that.

OK, yea. That would definitely be bad :clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 06:07 PM
you remember lil bowow's stint in the major music business right? thats who i was referring to

pirate44
01-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by YBS
Who's defensive now :thinking:
defensive of what?? being able to reply to this thread about dumb rap lyrics? maybe.:D

YBS
01-05-2005, 06:13 PM
you remember lil bowow's stint in the major music business right? thats who i was referring to

Did he ever actually say that? I never listened to his CD but I didn't realize he had lyrics that strong. As Stephen A. Smith would say, "That is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY horrendous". I'm gonna go on Napster and listen to the kid.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 06:19 PM
i do believe he did, i havent listend to him in forever, but form what i recall he did. i mean what else would he be rapping about? cookies and milk?

Holmes_Fans
01-05-2005, 06:19 PM
He could rap about how he wishes he was Micheal Jordan.........o wait he already did.

jason
01-05-2005, 06:28 PM
"...Act like my rims ain't clean
How you gonna ack like my neck don't bling?
Haters get sprayed like aftro-sheen ...":
------------------ -- Ludacris 'Saturday'

Astrosdawg07
01-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by YBS
OK, yea. That would definitely be bad :clap:

And we all know what happened to him right....:smoker:

YBS
01-05-2005, 07:08 PM
And we all know what happened to him right....:smoker:

I think he's a high school senior and I DO remember he was talking about going to Duke for college to play basketball...I think he's 5'7"? :confused:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by YBS
I think he's a high school senior and I DO remember he was talking about going to Duke for college to play basketball...I think he's 5'7"? :confused: remember mugsy bogues (sp)? all im saying is if the dude can ball, more power to him, duke is a very good school so i appluad him if he gets in there.

ILS1
01-05-2005, 07:26 PM

I just have one request... dont stereo type all of rap music by just listening to Lil Jon and the rest of the Crunk era.. there are real good records and songs out :) [/B]

Very well said,my sentiments exactly!!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 07:31 PM
i liked the song "changes" by 2pac when that one came out. it was a great song

Astrosdawg07
01-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by YBS
I think he's a high school senior and I DO remember he was talking about going to Duke for college to play basketball...I think he's 5'7"? :confused:

Nall, I think it was him who got raped by his body gaurd:eek:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Nall, I think it was him who got raped by his body gaurd:eek: wow way to keep w/ the times

Astrosdawg07
01-05-2005, 08:08 PM
wow way to keep w/ the times

I just remeber reading that.:D

YBS
01-05-2005, 08:19 PM
remember mugsy bogues (sp)? all im saying is if the dude can ball, more power to him, duke is a very good school so i appluad him if he gets in there.

I could be wrong but I don't think his ball skills are that strong; I get the impression that he shouldn't wait up at night for Kryzyzewski to call him.

YBS
01-05-2005, 08:20 PM
I just remeber reading that.:D

Bow Wow got raped by his bodyguard :eek: Whoa! Didn't hear that...ewww:doh:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by YBS
I could be wrong but I don't think his ball skills are that strong; I get the impression that he shouldn't wait up at night for Kryzyzewski to call him. i agree completely. but im saying if he gets into duke he deserves his props because thats a tough school to get into.

YBS
01-05-2005, 08:36 PM
i agree completely. but im saying if he gets into duke he deserves his props because thats a tough school to get into.

I'm a closet Duke fan and yes, I bandwagon during b-ball season. If he gets in I'm happy for him especially after the trauma of being raped by bodyguard :(

Astrosdawg07
01-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I know it's wrong, but It's also kinda funny...

onfirebball05mustang
01-06-2005, 09:28 AM
raped by a bodyguard....:eek: and yet funny

jason
01-06-2005, 09:32 AM
"...I know you'd like to think yo' sh*t don't stank
But lean a lil bit closer see
Roses really smell like poo poo poo
Yeah, roses really smell like poo poo poo..."
------------------ Outkast 'Roses'

YBS
01-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by jason
"...I know you'd like to think yo' $h8! don't stank
But lean a lil bit closer see
Roses really smell like poo poo poo
Yeah, roses really smell like poo poo poo..."
------------------ Outkast 'Roses'

Come on now....you know that song is on another level. You gotta get what he's saying there.

jason
01-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by YBS
Come on now....you know that song is on another level. You gotta get what he's saying there. lol....i know what its sayin...its just funny to read...

its like limp bizkits album 'chocolate starfish and hot-dog flavored water' roflmao

YBS
01-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by jason
lol....i know what its sayin...its just funny to read...

its like limp bizkits album 'chocolate starfish and hot-dog flavored water' roflmao

Oh, like the group Hoobastank...we're on the same page

jason
01-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by YBS
Oh, like the group Hoobastank...we're on the same page well ive been told that geniuses think alike :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

superslyguy06
01-06-2005, 12:13 PM
cash is king. . . all there is to it.

District303aPastPlayer
01-06-2005, 12:19 PM
'You know you like it like that,
You don't have to fight back,
Here's a pillow - bite...that,
And I'll be settin' seperate plays,
So on all these separate days,
Your legs can go they separate...ways'--Ludacris :D

Take that Bill O'Rielly